[no Bug] why isn't my guide color coded (1 Viewer)

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hello I am in the US and using schedules direct for EPG. I can't not get my guide to be color coded. What do I have to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
I think the answer here is because I use Titan. When I use DefaultWide the color coding comes in just fine.

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
Vasilich,

I lied (defaultwide shows the current timeframe shows as mustard-like color so i thought this was part of the color coding)! Neither skins show color coding. Why not is a mystery to me though!

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
I read that but I don't get it. I do get the genre map on the guide, I just don't get the colors on the programs itself denoting their genre. What am I missing?

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
TV Server Configuration.exe> DVB EPG> EPG Genre Map
1. Select a MediaPortal Genre (in my example Kids)
Enable it by clicking on Toggle enabled (you know it's enabled by the green check mark)
2. Select what programs you consider "Kids" content from the "Unmapped Program Genres" Window
and click on the << button. This will add it to the "Mapped Programs Genres" window.
Now any program with the genre of Animated, Kids, or Children will be colored with whatever color you selected for kids.

19mlae.jpg

Go to MediaPortal Configuration.exe> GUI> Edit Skin Settings> TV Guide> Settings
Make sure you have guide coloring enabled:
2ennktf.jpg

If you would like to change the default colors used, click on the Colors tab.

Also keep in mind that guide coloring depends on the EPG provider you use. Not sure where Schedules Direct gets their data?
I used to get my EPG data using mc2xml (Microsoft Legacy) but it had a lot of missing genre information. I upgraded to the donator's version (same as WMC's Windows 7 EPG Data) but not much changed. I've since started using WebGrab+Plus and I couldn't be happier. Genre information is very accurate. Stuff like Futbol which was never classified as sports genre now is. It's a little more complicated to setup.
But once you do it's set it and forget it.

Also if i'm not mistaken Mediaportal? only detects or picks up the first category (genre) from a show.
Example:
Code:
<title lang="en">Fútbol de la MLS</title>
	<sub-title lang="en">Chicago vs. Houston</sub-title>
	<desc lang="en">Chicago vs. Houston. (En Vivo) (cc)</desc>
	<category lang="en">sports</category>
	<category lang="en">soccer</category>

Using the EPG Genre Map only "sports" will show up under the Unmapped Program Genres. The "soccer" category (genre) will not appear.

Last edited:

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
much appreciated. It works (I just did not know what I had to configure it).

On a similar note, how can I get a view of all movies (just movies) that are in the guide (in a list or whatever). I am a long time WMC user and the best feature was that it would show me all the movies currently in the guide. When I got to search guide, movies seem to be categorize in the same genres as shows. That a big miss for me...

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think it will depend on your epg source. In the UK the over the air EPG does indeed separate movies.

Maybe if you start a new thread with that question someone will be able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread