Why no support for this software? (1 Viewer)

Livin

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
I've seen many posts (and posted a few times myself) over the past 2 months and have seen no support at all from the developer and very little from the community... is this a dead product?

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
The dev has started a new project called IR server suite.. It does what this plugin did, and a lot more.

Livin

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
The dev has started a new project called IR server suite.. It does what this plugin did, and a lot more.

Unless my browser deceives me... this is the forum for IR Server Suite... and I and many others have been asking for help on IRSS... this is what I'm asking about :confused:

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
oh.. I just browse by latest post so I just noticed the path.. Thought there was a new forum section for ir server suite..

I don't think the project is dead, but and81 probably has other things to do. He'll be back when he gets the time. Sometimes the day job you have to do to survive comes in the way of the fun-job you do for free ;)

Livin

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
it has been a month since and-81 posted and even then he left several pleas for help unanswered.
The community does not seem to care or have any help available either since I and others have posted in several threads... without any useful help.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Please have this in mind:
    - and-81 developed this (amazing) plugin/software for you - FOR FREE - in his spare time
    - If you browse his posts, you will find that and-81 has been very helpful and used a lot of time giving support for users
    - I think and-81 has a busy real-life ATM (new job, I think) - but if I remember correctly he visits the forum now and then.
    - This plugin is (almost?) done singlehanded ba and-81. This makes it difficult for other to help in the same way

Livin

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Spragleknas,
    I'm with you... we are ALL busy. I work 2 projects, painting my house, putting in new carpet, getting married next month, and interviewing for 2 different jobs in my company. And I can still take 10 minutes to answer posts/emails some a plug-in I wrote for Homeseer but stopped developing 6 years ago. I even respond in a day or two, always. I don't think a little help is too much to ask for on something that may turn out to be a simple issue... I cannot use IRSS at all, it does not work for me at all.

I'm not trying to be disingenuous but I've been trying to get help for 5-6 weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread