winamp input plugins ? (1 Viewer)

cooli

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Is it possible to use winamp input plugins as supported by the BASS engine ?

cooli

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
ok I understand, that function will be very useful to play other formats like VGMusic (VG = Video Games) from old systems and consoles.

faleloncio

Portal Pro
August 31, 2006
Badajoz
Home Country
Spain Spain
Winamp input plugins

I'm agree with cooli. I use WinAmp cause I have music in a lot of formats, all of them are played by WinAmp (VQF, APE, MID, ...) with plugins that no other player have. Like I use ffdshow to play any video file thru MP, I use Winamp to play any audio file. However, I would like to have only MP installed on my HTPC.

It's only a opinion

faleloncio

Portal Pro
August 31, 2006
Badajoz
Home Country
Spain Spain
WinAmp has been my unique and perfect audio player for years. Each new version requires more time to launch and consume more resources. My modest HTPC at 1.8GHz is very sensible to CPU usage (AMD Duron 1.8GHz) so I need to reduce consume and time to launch (when using WinAmp from MP first time it takes a long time to begin to play even deactivating most of unnecesary plugins).

However KMP take less resources and less time to launch than WinAmp, even using APE, MIDI, MPC, VQF and SID file input plugins. Moreover, to configure audio output to connect to my amplifier is a all-in-one operation, cause with few clicks my audio will be proccesed and equalized exactly equal independently if source is video container or audio file.

In fact, a skin called "K-AMP" emulates exactly WinAmp look and feel. I can't pray for more to KMP ... well ... only one thing: Let me use a proxy in configuration.

I'm sure a lot of people will have a ton of reason more to have an unique player for all (is the objetive of any HTPC user).

Really I'm very impressed with KMP, that's the true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs have played. If I press Next, it will start playing the next song. This happens with BASS and Wasapi players. It does not happen if I use Internal dshow player (which doesn't sound as good as either of...
Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
Playing audio cd's keeps stopping at random in the middle of songs. It can happen on the first song or sometimes after a few songs...
Replies
Views
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/5154-mediaportal-1-x64-sharpdx.140955/ Attached as extension.zip in first post.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/5154-mediaportal-1-x64-sharpdx.140955/ Attached as extension.zip in first post.
I installed the x64 1.32 Version and eveything seems fine. But where are the MovingPictures and MP-TVSeries Plugins? I can still...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
Replies
Views
Any other suggestions for this?
Any other suggestions for this?
I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom