Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (3 Viewers)

Cetra

Portal Member
May 9, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Not too happy with this workaround but it is working for me with how I used my HTPC.

As long as whatever video components are on and set to the correct inputs before you bring the PC out of standby you won't experience this issue. It was a simple solution for me, I just took powering on my HTPC out of my Harmony startup loop and just created a power on button for the PC in the HTPC activity. After all the components start up I bring the PC out of standby. Only major problem with this is you cannot change the inputs of any of the components without putting the PC back in standby first.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I tried the EDID overide some time ago; didn't see a differance here.

I guess it was not done properly then as the EDID information is what GPUs / drivers are using to decide what screen mode to use, and overriding it it would allow the correct screen mode to be available always. AVS forum users have reported the issue to be fixed with the EDID override (same issue can happen with MCE or other full screen application on some machines).

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    I tried the EDID overide some time ago; didn't see a differance here.

I guess it was not done properly then as the EDID information is what GPUs / drivers are using to decide what screen mode to use, and overriding it it would allow the correct screen mode to be available always. AVS forum users have reported the issue to be fixed with the EDID override (same issue can happen with MCE or other full screen application on some machines).

i can confirm that it is not working for me either
    i tried the first menationed method and also the alternative method

jenklins

Portal Member
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I have noticed that if you use custom resolutions this happens in windows 7.
    but if you use standard resolutions this does not happen... at least not whit nvidia cards...

may have something to do whit windows 7 aero...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi!

but if you use standard resolutions this does not happen... at least not whit nvidia cards...

may have something to do whit widows 7 aero...

Just tell those custom resolutions with EDID override to GPU and it should solve the issue.

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    Hi!

may have something to do whit widows 7 aero...

Just tell those custom resolutions with EDID override to GPU and it should solve the issue.

i dont use custom resulution
    i use the standard hd resolution.

i created an inf file like described and set this inf file as my standard monitor.
    It now says as monitory önky sr606 edid override"

but it still happens

should i manually adjust the inf file ?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The EDID override technique only helps if the PC can read enough of the EDID data from the TV to associate the 'EDID override' with the TV.

If the real TV EDID data can't be read correctly (e.g. this happens with my Panasonic TV when it's in standby) the PC will fall back to the 'Default' monitor and resize the desktop to fit - I've checked this by using VNC from another PC. On Vista with nVidia I get around this problem by disabling the nVidia driver service.

Tony

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So in other words, we are screwed. I think it is a driver issue or something. It doesn't happen on vista. And it happens with all fullscreen applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom