Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
Another possible solution to try is the VNC trick described on page 21 of this thread. It worked for me.

not having seen the solution but VNC'ing somewhere isnt a solution for me, i dont want to have to get onto another machine to click on something to fix it my htpc. i know you're only trying to help (and this is nothing against you) but personally for me, its not the solution/workaround im looking for.
No I think you only have to do it once, that's why I asked.

ah i see! a post # would work as well so i can see what the process is and what it does (or doesnt do).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Added links in first post to the 2 possible solutions, PM any moderator if another answer regarding this becomes available.

Thanks

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    Another possible solution to try is the VNC trick described on page 21 of this thread. It worked for me.

not having seen the solution but VNC'ing somewhere isnt a solution for me, i dont want to have to get onto another machine to click on something to fix it my htpc. i know you're only trying to help (and this is nothing against you) but personally for me, its not the solution/workaround im looking for.
    No I think you only have to do it once, that's why I asked.

Yes, one time only.

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    I gave the two solutions in the opening post a shot tonight. In fact, I used them both at the same time basically to find out I wasted a few hours troubleshooting :(

The VNC method helped me to determine that even when using the registry method, the highest resolution I can set in the "interim" display mode (ie. the display change when turning my receiver back on which only lasts for a few seconds but resizes MediaPortal) is 1600x1200. I now know which registry branch is for the interim display mode, and I can force it into any resolution of my choosing up to 1600x1200. This obviously means the "resizing" issue becomes a bit different, as it re-sizes a bit differently, but I can't get it to match my usual full HD resolution.

I also note that during this "interim" display mode, there is no "Monitor" device present in the device manager so you can't use powerstrip or any custom inf to force the display to allow full HD resolution.

So I guess for me I'm out of ideas, and I am having trouble setting up a macro to alt+enter too.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    ^^ that's disappointing, im setting my mate's htpc up with win7 and hoping it would work right, his connects straight to the tv and doesn't go through an AV receiver like my setup does and hoping the fixes would work.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ^^ that's disappointing, im setting my mate's htpc up with win7 and hoping it would work right, his connects straight to the tv and doesn't go through an AV receiver like my setup does and hoping the fixes would work.
    Chances are, that it will work ;)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    Chances are, that it will work ;)

installed windows, 15gb nice but the 16gb ssd wont stand for that, have to vlite it and see if the stripped down version installs properly!

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    I gave the two solutions in the opening post a shot tonight. In fact, I used them both at the same time basically to find out I wasted a few hours troubleshooting :(

The VNC method helped me to determine that even when using the registry method, the highest resolution I can set in the "interim" display mode (ie. the display change when turning my receiver back on which only lasts for a few seconds but resizes MediaPortal) is 1600x1200. I now know which registry branch is for the interim display mode, and I can force it into any resolution of my choosing up to 1600x1200. This obviously means the "resizing" issue becomes a bit different, as it re-sizes a bit differently, but I can't get it to match my usual full HD resolution.

I also note that during this "interim" display mode, there is no "Monitor" device present in the device manager so you can't use powerstrip or any custom inf to force the display to allow full HD resolution.

So I guess for me I'm out of ideas, and I am having trouble setting up a macro to alt+enter too.

What I did to circumvent the 1600x1200 resolution is :
    -deactivate option to only show supported refresh rates under screen properties
    - go to ati ccc and select 720P res and hit apply
    - then select full hd with 30 HZ interlaced and hit apply

The problem with resizing comes from the resolution, not the refresh rate. This works for me

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know if my problem is related to this, but I'm asking for advice just in case. After resuming mediaportal from standby, my desktop is 1920x1080, but mediaportal is 1600x1080 (or something like that, I have a fullsize desktop, but mediaportal only fills 4/5 of it from the left side out). The registry hack helped on my previous htpc, but that started as 720x576. x & y values in the registry are set to 1920x1080, but mediaportal always has a screwed up aspect ratio. I'm running 1.2 beta by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom