Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (3 Viewers)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
I don't know if my problem is related to this, but I'm asking for advice just in case. After resuming mediaportal from standby, my desktop is 1920x1080, but mediaportal is 1600x1080 (or something like that, I have a fullsize desktop, but mediaportal only fills 4/5 of it from the left side out). The registry hack helped on my previous htpc, but that started as 720x576. x & y values in the registry are set to 1920x1080, but mediaportal always has a screwed up aspect ratio. I'm running 1.2 beta by the way.

If you are on HDMI <--> HDMI connection, yes it looks like it is the problem we are talking about here.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you are on HDMI <--> HDMI connection, yes it looks like it is the problem we are talking about here.

Yes, my nettop is connected to my receiver, which is connected to my tv. The receiver is an Onkyo 706, set to always output 1080p (for upscaling my girlfriend's wii). I can try to set it to passthrough, see if that makes a difference. The solutions in this topic don't seem to work for me.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France

Yes, my nettop is connected to my receiver, which is connected to my tv. The receiver is an Onkyo 706, set to always output 1080p (for upscaling my girlfriend's wii). I can try to set it to passthrough, see if that makes a difference. The solutions in this topic don't seem to work for me.

I think the that one of the solution proposed in the first post (Airshark's one) should work for you, like it worked for me, but you need a second computer to temporarily connect on remote to your nettop, did you already try it?

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think the that one of the solution proposed in the first post (Airshark's one) should work for you, like it worked for me, but you need a second computer to temporarily connect on remote to your nettop, did you already try it?

I've tried it with mtsc (rdp), but ccc wouldn't start in a remote session. I'll try again tomorrow with one of those other tools.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France

I've tried it with mtsc (rdp), but ccc wouldn't start in a remote session. I'll try again tomorrow with one of those other tools.

Yes exactly. I also first tried with the default remote desktop connection software of windows but it doesn't allow access to screen settings.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Should this still be possible with the latest catalyst drivers? I see the CRT, but I have no further options. It goes to 1600x1200, but I can't override anything?

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Should this still be possible with the latest catalyst drivers? I see the CRT, but I have no further options. It goes to 1600x1200, but I can't override anything?

To get it to higher res, what I did on my hd 6450 is untick the mask unsupported settings under screen settings (right click desktop/screen resolution/advanced settings/screen/ ), then go to ati ccc and select full HD res with 30Hz interlaced refresh rate (you might need to first apply 720p res for it to show)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

To get it to higher res, what I did on my hd 6450 is untick the mask unsupported settings under screen settings (right click desktop/screen resolution/advanced settings/screen/ ), then go to ati ccc and select full HD res with 30Hz interlaced refresh rate (you might need to first apply 720p res for it to show)

That seems to have done the trick, thanks.
    One problem solved, two to go (black screen / no audio after resume). But the latter is a driver issue I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom