Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Have you got MePo to restart after resume?

J.

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Should this still be possible with the latest catalyst drivers? I see the CRT, but I have no further options. It goes to 1600x1200, but I can't override anything?

To get it to higher res, what I did on my hd 6450 is untick the mask unsupported settings under screen settings (right click desktop/screen resolution/advanced settings/screen/ ), then go to ati ccc and select full HD res with 30Hz interlaced refresh rate (you might need to first apply 720p res for it to show)

That seems to have done the trick, thanks.
    One problem solved, two to go (black screen / no audio after resume). But the latter is a driver issue I believe.

I remember I had audio going to mute after wake because of the issues of away mode (ie I would only get muted audio if I asked the computer to go to sleep when it was recording, and therefore only went to away mode)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Same here...under some situations it would mute when waking/resuming after away mode.

One dirty fix is to use something like nircmd to unmute the sound on resume. ;)

J.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there,

Same here...under some situations it would mute when waking/resuming after away mode.

One dirty fix is to use something like nircmd to unmute the sound on resume. ;)

J.

Thanks, I hadn't seen it was only muted. I thought it said no cable connected or something. For now I've just added a mute/unmute command to my harmony remote :)
    If it keeps bothering me, I'll look into nircmd. Looks like it could work, only need to find out how to schedule a task after resuming from standby.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Several ways to do it, you can put it in power scheduler, or use something like mpstandby handler.

Cheers,

J.

redmm

Portal Member
    March 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How to create a menu item that can solve the problem.
    Or map a remote key to sendt alt-enter?

Sorry for my english (made my googe translate)

/Jakob

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    How to create a menu item that can solve the problem.
    Or map a remote key to sendt alt-enter?

Sorry for my english (made my googe translate)

/Jakob
    I think the better way (apart from solving the actual problem with the posts mentioned in the first post) would be to create a keyboard shortcut (+ remote mapping) that restarts Media Portal (i.e. with the KeyboardInputPlugin, which you can find via the Media Portal Extension Installer).

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    To get it to higher res, what I did on my hd 6450 is untick the mask unsupported settings under screen settings (right click desktop/screen resolution/advanced settings/screen/ ), then go to ati ccc and select full HD res with 30Hz interlaced refresh rate (you might need to first apply 720p res for it to show)

It worked for me as well on Catalyst v11.5! THANK YOU THANK YOU! :D

Finally, problem solved for me! :D

furnibird

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Sydney
    Hi all I just finished reading this thread and would like to share my fix.

This is the first time i have had the problem on 1.2.0 beta. On my htpc i just replaced i ran a Ati 4550 HDMI>TV (lg led/lcd) and had no problem.

My new build Asrock H67M-ITX which uses INTEL HDMI>TV and mepo will load half screen after resume with a 3sec delay ONLY if tv is not set the htpc input. If tv is on and set to htpc input mepo is fine.

If htpc is on and tv is on but not on htpc input and i change it to htpc mepo is in halfscreen. If i use this set up all is fine = DVI-HDMI>TV but even though i use optical out to amp for audio i some times switch audio within mepo to HDMI so i can use bluetooth headphones throught tv so this doesnt help.

The only thing I have changed is Set custom rez to same as TV 1920x1080 but i think instead of the HDMI trying to find size and setting it to half size it sets it to custom size. It does come up as half screen for a sec then changes to full screen.

Hope this helps.

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    I had this problem on my Intel HD graphics (integrated in core i5 cpu). However i put in a GT520 this monday, and the problem seems to be gone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom