Windows 7 Support (1 Viewer)

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
Ok today i have windows 7 64 bit running great.
MP runs perfectly(UAC disabled), and i still use ffdshow because i have to much tearing with dxva.
But still working like a charm!

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    im on newst build: Microsoft.Windows.7.Build.7229.x64
    Runs almost operfect, the only issue i have is: cant delete files after ive seen them, then thy are locked ;( i have to restart MP to unlock the files..
    Thats annoying.. other than that, it rund perfect :)

i use SAF v3.47 (Standalone filters for MediaPortal) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).
    its just the best, no other stuff neded to play all formats..

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    will mediaportal work on windows 7 64bit?

Yeahh works perfect, been running it for long time now..
    from win 7 - 64Bit Build 7000
    If this would be the case, then we would have a lot less work to do for 1.1.0.

Fact is that MediaPortal 1.0.2 has quite some issues on Windows 7, especially if UAC is turned on.
    We are working on it and hope to have the major amount of issues fixed in the 1.1.0 ALPHA release.

Stay tuned.

i run win 7 64bits build 7100 with uac disabled and mp is running very good also.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yeahh works perfect, been running it for long time now..
    from win 7 - 64Bit Build 7000
    If this would be the case, then we would have a lot less work to do for 1.1.0.

Fact is that MediaPortal 1.0.2 has quite some issues on Windows 7, especially if UAC is turned on.
    We are working on it and hope to have the major amount of issues fixed in the 1.1.0 ALPHA release.

Stay tuned.

i run win 7 64bits build 7100 with uac disabled and mp is running very good also.
    Thats the difference, you all have UAC off, and this is not what we should base our testing on. ;)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i know, but UAC is sooooooooooo frustrating !! i am prepare to reactivate it for testing purposes only :mad: haha

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    i know, but UAC is sooooooooooo frustrating !! i am prepare to reactivate it for testing purposes only :mad: haha

UAC is so frustrating because almost all developers are idiots and don't follow the MS development guidelines. UACs main target was to piss people off to get the developers to notice that they are badly behaving citizens.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    windows 7 UAC isn't that annoying, vista one was a pain to the extreme, although mine is disabled purely coz im an advanced user :D

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    im on newst build: Microsoft.Windows.7.Build.7229.x64
    Runs almost operfect, the only issue i have is: cant delete files after ive seen them, then thy are locked ;( i have to restart MP to unlock the files..
    Thats annoying.. other than that, it rund perfect :)

i use SAF v3.47 (Standalone filters for MediaPortal) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).
    its just the best, no other stuff neded to play all formats..
    Can fully agree to that. Runs perfect, only issue the one mentioned above.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The only issue that I was never able to fully overcome was support of my Vista MCE remote under W7. At the time it was with the beta build and so things might have improved but even trying to use the latest (at the time) IR Server Suite still gave me issues with certain key functions or simply the remote no longer working. I never continued with the effort to try and resolve the issue and went back to using Vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom