Work with 1.2.1? (1 Viewer)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Should this be working with 1.2.1? When I have this installed MediaPortal keeps crashing. It is also crashing when I try to run a second import. I am thinking it might be a compatibility problem.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Here are the logs. It crashes when trying to run imports and when launching MediaPortal and trying to look at the schedule or recordings.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Looks like you added a ton of other plugins that are not compatible.

The following plugins give errors:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\TvWishListMP.dll"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.dll"

If you want to avoid issues, install MediaPortal v1.2.1 clean and only add plugins via the MPEI (MediaPortal Extenstion Installer) method. This ensures that all the plugins are compatible to v1.2.x and not cause problems such as the one you currently are experiencing.

It can then also be used to auto-update the plugins you are using, for when bugs get fixed by their respective developers.

The 'Extensions' plugin allows you to use/control MPEI from within MediaPortal, so you got full couch control over everything.

I modified the DefaultWide skin myself, so I get a 'sun' alike notification alert when any of the plugins I use has a new update available: http://blixy.net/mp/DefaultWide/BasicHome.MPEI.Update.Alert.jpg

Other skins such as aMPed have simelair notifications.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    I had installed TV wishlist through MPEI and then uninstalled so I am noture what happened there. In any event I got it straightened out and all is working well now. Thanks for reviewing the logs.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I had installed TV wishlist through MPEI and then uninstalled so I am noture what happened there. In any event I got it straightened out and all is working well now. Thanks for reviewing the logs.

Sounds like the TV Wishlist plugin MPEI package has a bug in it then and it did not properly uninstall itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other than to record scheduled programs) Activated Power Scheduler and ticked all boxes under EPG tag (XmLTv guide now downloaded and installed as scheduled) I think my problem with MP 1.32 install re scheduled...
    Hi CyberSimion Have now got MP 1.31 working ok Stopped Network Adaptor waking computer (Computer now not waking from sleep other...
    I have just installed MP 2.4 I have set up for ICE TV XMTV guide Followed all instructions for set up ( as for MP 1 ) Guide...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom