xmltv install / configure for ATSC / OTA U.S.A (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Awesome write up and it is great to have a free option again! Thanks!! Sadly for me I have 792 channels and only about 100 of them map automatically. Same problem with MC2XML. It's Verizon FiOS's fault, not the scrapers. I have it all set up again and will just have to spend time some day mapping them all again :)

Thanks for pointing this out to me :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    This had the same unwanted side effect SD has, and that is after I use the plugin, now half my channels are messed up. I got a lot of double channel numbers. 504 Fox 4 & 504 HBO West. Any tips on how to keep this from happening?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    But see... the channel numbers were all right after the scan and before mapping. Should be able to tell it no to change the numbers :(

But basically what I am learning is..... to this day.... in this world.... with this technology... FiOS users still can not get a working EPG without going over each one of the 792 channels . Even the ones that got matched with a "Green" color to indicate a full match are getting their channel numbers changed, so every channel is suspicious.

Not that it is anyone's fault but my own. If I wanted it fixed badly enough I should learn to code and fix the problem myself, as no other FiOS users want to. The naming Verizon does on their channels is absolutely horrid.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Again, thanks tho. Awesome work as I would much rather go over each channel and fix it when it is free, seeing as how I have to do the same thing for MC2XML or SD, both of which costs money. So kudos to you, sir :)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    What version of MP2 did you install?
    The latest test version is giving issues with saving the channel numbers I know I changed correctly

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am using MP1, in your first post you mentioned it was for MP1 and MP2, right?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This had the same unwanted side effect SD has, and that is after I use the plugin, now half my channels are messed up. I got a lot of double channel numbers. 504 Fox 4 & 504 HBO West.
    With the greatest respect, the XMLTV plugin has no capacity to cause this problem. I'd bet a lot of money you haven't disabled the SD plugin, and so it's continuing to cause problems for you.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I have it off and have had it off since I started with Zap2it. To be fair, i will agree that it was not the plugin if you say it cant do that. Maybe SD had some residual effect or I did something else along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom