XMLTV reWriter (1 Viewer)

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    Re: EPG Downloader Console

Since the current ability's are much more then in the beginning, it can also combine and alter localfiles now, I was thinking of giving it a different name.

What name should I give it????

No longer necessary

alphadog

Portal Member
    January 17, 2010
    Hello, I'm trying your program with DVBviewer and importing the xml file with XEPG.

There is a big problem because your program downloads huge files and it takes ages.
    I need to pair the channels in the xml files with dvbviewer channels but it ends up in "out of memory" messages after 10-15 minutes.

Is there a simple way to set wich channels to keep and others to discard? What are the convention used in your files channelkeep and channelremove? What is the use of channelrename file?

Can you give a description of the files downloaded from Boulders? Some contains country names so it is obvious but what are the others?

Sorry for so many questions but i think your program can be useful and i'd like to make it work correctly before explaining to other people who might be interested using it in dvbviewer.

Thanks for the work!

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    the memory usage is indeed big, but hey thats why we all have systems with more then 2gb these days, except you apparently, you could try just downloading the different sources to your desktop and open them with notepad or XMLTV EPG Viewer (EPG Viewer for XMLTV Radio Times Data), this way you can see wich source contains wich channel, so you can only download the sources that you need, if you only need 1 or 2 sources this will greatly reduce memory usage.

then you can combine those two and alter them as 1 file, or you can setup xmltv rewriter to run 3 times, if you do it this way each run will make the neccesary changes and output his file, the third time you can combine these two files, this method is harder to setup, but reduces memory usage only if you remove a lot of channels. so you either load in 80 channels to memory and delete 40, so memory usage will be higher instead of loading 40 channels twice and deleting 20 channels each time.

channelkeep, here you put in every channel id of the channels you want to keep, all the rest will be removed, if you would only want to remove 1 channel,its easier to put it in channelremove.

channelrename, you give a channels id and the new name, so the channel with that id is renamed to your new given name, this is useful if your app has an autolink feature.

i dont know what hardware you are using, but on a amd x2 3800 with 2gb of memory the supplied config files execute in 8 minutes with an internet connection of 25mbit.

but first try by just using the packages that you need, because the supplied config files are just for demonstration and will remove a lot of channels, this is also why it takes so long.

also keep an eye on the db-epg site as the available sources will change, so it could get alot easier for you

neefs

Portal Member
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Great job!
    For me, the program works great! However, when I look at the tvguide.xml created by your program, there are several channels missing (mostly free to air channels from the Astra satellite). How can I add these channels? Just put them in the "channelkeep.txt" file? Where can I find the whole channellist in xml format? On Boulder's EPG site there's "XMLTV files versie 13/01/2010" but I can't download it (it is couloured in red). Is this the file where the information is of all the channels?
    I'm using tvvlaanderen.
    :D

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    take a look at boulder.channels.zip and boulder.sources.zip.

channels.zip contains a list of all the channels that are supported and sources.zip contains the available sources and their url, so if these are updated you should change those in config1, you can also just download all sources and look at the available channels, using those methods its quite easy to find out wich id is wich channel.

the missing channels are perhaps deleted, i advise you to delete all config files except config1, the supplied files are just to demostrate the possibilitys

the red colored, not downloaded text is just the version info from the sources

alphadog

Portal Member
    January 17, 2010
    Hey hello again,

I use a 2.4 Ghz Quad core CPU with 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM. So i guess the problem comes from elsewhere ;-) I use xml files generated by mc2xml without any problem.

Where are the ID of the channels coming from? For instance how can is put them correctly in the channelkeep file like you do for flemish channels?

een.7=één
    canvas-ketnet.9=Ketnet/Canvas
    vtm.54=VTM

Let say I want to have:

RTBFsat
    La Une
    La Deux
    RTL-TVI
    TF1
    France 2
    France 3
    etc

How should I proceed? Do i have to download the files one by one and go through each of them to get the ID of the channels?
    That sounds like a titan work if I have to do that for all belgian, french, english and polish channels I watch ...

Thanks for you help! :D

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    Just let it create a tvguide.xml without removing or renaming any channels, that way u get a file that contains all the available channels, you can open it with notepad and in the beginning al channels are listed with their ID's, this way you can go over all the channels, and the ones you want to keep put the ID in CHANNELKEEP. It's a bit of work, but previously I used a lot of alternatives, and the time those took the setup properly, was way longer then now, and I had less channels's EPG.

It took me 30minutes to create the supplied list of channels that I wanted EPG for, so thats not long in my mind...

Your out of memoryseems strange with that amount of memory, I've been running it on 2 PC AMDx2 3800 GB and a core2duo e6300 als with 2GB, and the most memory it used was 900MB(keep in mind that it is reserved memory by .NET)

I've added a new version wich tells you at the end how long it took to execute, the supplied download when started clean so including the download of xmltv.dtd took on my system 9minutes 45 seconds, so depending on your download speed it should be something similiar or faster, if you have an internet connection of ±25Mbit.

But perhaps I should simplify the attached config files?, so that the first time people run it it only takes a few seconds.

Did you by now had a succesful run?

EDIT: The supplied configuration files are simplified, so that first time users can see the result in a few seconds instead of several minutes.

alphadog

Portal Member
    January 17, 2010
    I will give it a try tonight when I have time to get all IDs from the xml file. It's only some hundreds channels to find then :p

What would be great is to have a small GUI thingy to drag and drop channels you want. There was such a tool called "teletruc" but it stopped working/being supported.

Users who are viewing this thread