[Bug] XVID AVI Stuttering 1080p/50hz after about 20/25 minutes (1 Viewer)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've tried SVN 25496: the problem is still there although it seems there is a little bit less stuttering. Please let me know if there is something else I can do to help the developers to fix this problem.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I've tried SVN 25496: the problem is still there although it seems there is a little bit less stuttering. Please let me know if there is something else I can do to help the developers to fix this problem.

I was playing around with codecs yesterday and i noticed something interesting.

Are you using "Dynamic Refresh Rate" feature? If yes could you try to disable it. Then change the refresh rate manually over windows and play the file in Media Portal.

See if that one improves things.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've upgraded to RC2 and the problem unfortunately is still there.

I still have to try disabling refresh rate changer as suggested...will try tomorrow.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    - Using dshowhelper.dll from SVN 24975. THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM.
    It would be extremelly helpful to know the exact last working version and the exact revison number of the version where the issue was first introduced.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    - Using dshowhelper.dll from SVN 24975. THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM.
    It would be extremelly helpful to know the exact last working version and the exact revison number of the version where the issue was first introduced.

I will try to compile SVN's before RC1 where there have been changes to directshowhelper and make some tests.... It can take some time, because a test for me has to run for 30 minutes to give the problem. Will let you know.

Edit: I've seen I do not have to compile because dshowhelper.ddl comes already compiled... so it could take less time.

Thanks

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not pointing a finger or trying to blame someone. But I had the same feeling theese occasional stutters were introduced between the time Manfred improved the core.dll to tackle the "Haali Tray Icon issue" and when nyt improved EVR playback.
    This puts it, ofcourse based on my opinion/feeling, between:
    2009-10~15 - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...posed-after-stopping-video-56153/index16.html
    2010-01~18 - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-after-refresh-rate-change-71311/index16.html

Maybe thise timestamps are usefull in the search.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I do not think so because, as I said, if I use dshowhelper.dll from 24975 (last SVN before RC1) this particular problem disappear.

I also have the feeling that other stuttering problems have to do with ati hack: if you don't have a good video card (ati4670 or similar) you will probably have stutter occasionally.
    I have bought an ATI 4670 six months ago and from there I did not have any stuttering until RC1.

But this particular problem has nothing to do with ati hack, in my opinion.

I suspect the problem has been introduced in SVN 25012: Fixed Mantis issue: 0002696: Fine tune EVR renderer scheduling parameters for lower end GPU/CPU.

I will make tests tonight to confirm this suspect.

jet70

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I would just like to thank you robyf for looking into this - it is appreciated.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    +1
    Thank you robyf for looking in to that indeed.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I still have no results but I'm working on it... just to keep you informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom