[Youtube] No full HD -> no audio? (2 Viewers)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Until the fix is found which seems to be a long story, is it possible to add an setting option to hide the dual stream clips?

Wikipedia has the FMT values explained:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
    (unhide the Comparison of YouTube media encoding options)

The problem is that youtube has decided to split audio and video stream into two files, so 2 urls mean 2 seperate things to download and mux. We need someone to implement that in our sourcefilter.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I have already done this. If you have automatic update enabled you should no longer see many options for YouTube clips.
    Hi @offbyone,
    is it expected, that no more 1080 formats are offered for Youtube? Max I get is 1280x720 (if available).

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have already done this. If you have automatic update enabled you should no longer see many options for YouTube clips.
    Hi @offbyone,
    is it expected, that no more 1080 formats are offered for Youtube? Max I get is 1280x720 (if available).

Yes, afaik youtube split the video and audio for the 1080p streams so that this plugin does not work for these formats anymore (for months already)
    Anyway, I don't really bother. Most stuff I watch is not uploaded in higher format anyway.

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ah, so it's a question of the splitter to support it and it is intended (by OV) to not return those formats ... thanks for explanation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom