Zap2It Stopping Service (1 Viewer)

rkshack

Portal Pro
February 23, 2006
Here is the contents of my error.bak file:

9/3/2007 12:25:07 AM 9 plugin:xmltv import failed
9/3/2007 12:25:07 AM 9 Exception :confused:ystem.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean showProgress)
at TvEngine.XmlTvImporter.ThreadFunctionImportTVGuide(Object aparam)
9/3/2007 12:25:07 AM 9 Exception :Input string was not in a correct format.
9/3/2007 12:25:07 AM 9 site :Void StringToNumber(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, NumberBuffer ByRef, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo, Boolean)
9/3/2007 12:25:07 AM 9 source :mscorlib
9/3/2007 12:25:07 AM 9 stacktrace: at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at TvEngine.XMLTVImport.Import(String fileName, Boolean showProgress)
at TvEngine.XmlTvImporter.ThreadFunctionImportTVGuide(Object aparam)

Is the problem with my xmltv file or with tv server.

rkshack

MOre info: I think part of the problem was I removed the offset command. When I was running it with no offset command the xmltv plugin was not seeming to identify it as the tvguide.xml file. Now I have added offset=-0000 the plugin changes the date of the last imported file. It still is not importing the channels. The plug in continues to say alrealdy importing.

Jack_Ruby

Portal Member
July 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Need a little help
Ok, I've dled and installed the yahooxmltv, which seems to work well, the only problem is the channel numbers are waaaay off. As in, channel 4 (wyff) is channel 13234 (or something).
Any idea on how to fix that? I think it's coming from the tvguide.xml file because when I open the file up, the "channel id" is that number.
Any idea on fixing this?:D

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
The latest version uses the true channel id. The previous versions used the channel number for the id. MP should be detecting the channel number from the name. I'll run some tests.

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Ok, It seems that MP expects the channel number to be the the same as the channel ID. I will have to modify the XMLTv plugin for it to work. I'll try to have it done by the end of the week.

rkshack

Portal Pro
February 23, 2006
I am confused. On the previous version I was importing the xml file. This would give me whatever I the channel name in the channel list. I would then merge my scanned channels and the names from the guide data. Everything worked from there. Could you explain what changed in the new version. It sounds like I should stay with the version I got. What are your thoughts?

thanks for all your work

rkshack

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
In the previous version, I used the channel number for the channel ID (the id="X" portion)
Code:
  <channel id="0003">
    <display-name>3 TWC</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/tt/the_weather_channel_us.jpg" />
  </channel>
This was not actually correct. The new version uses the actual channel ID which is different from the channel number.
Code:
  <channel id="11187">
    <display-name>TWC</display-name>
    <display-name>3</display-name>
    <display-name>3 TWC</display-name>
    <display-name>The Weather Channel</display-name>
    <display-name>3 The Weather Channel</display-name>
    <display-name>(TWC) The Weather Channel</display-name>
    <display-name>3 (TWC) The Weather Channel</display-name>
    <icon src="http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/logo/tv/tt/the_weather_channel_us.jpg" />
  </channel>

The problem is that MP read the channel ID to get the channel number. I will make some modifications to the XMLTv plugin to get it to read the channel number properly. It also has an issue where it will not read a double value for the star-rating (3.0/4), only an integer value (3/4). The problem there is that it cannot read half star ratings (3.5/4) so I will fix that as well.

Until I get the patch done, you should probably continue to use the old version.

rkshack

Portal Pro
February 23, 2006
Where does the actual id come from. Is that assigned by zap2it or wherever yahoo gets its guide data.

rkshack

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Where does the actual id come from. Is that assigned by zap2it or wherever yahoo gets its guide data.

rkshack
TMS assigns an ID to a channel. I assume that Yahoo is using the TMS ID but I have not looked to verify that. IDs are assigned so that if you have say your local NBC station, it can be on channel 3 for OTA, channel 6 on cable, channel 15 on Dish, etc...

Instead of having multible entries in their database, TMS keeps one entry per channel and then maps the channel to a specific channel number on each headend/lineup. That saves database entries because they only have to have one set of schedules for the channel.

If you download any of your lineups, The Weather Channel ID should match the ID (11187) I posted above, regardless of the provider or channel number it is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom