General Support (171 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
Try the CVS from January the 22nd, I'm still using this as there seem to be a couple of issues with newer releases.
Try the CVS from January the 22nd, I'm still using this as there seem to be a couple of issues with newer releases.
Hello together, MP is a verry hard job, not only for developers. On first step i had an software capture Card without...
Replies
Views
I have just tried the CVS from 2 today, and its looks very promising. I’m looling forward to further testing.
I have just tried the CVS from 2 today, and its looks very promising. I’m looling forward to further testing.
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
As many of you would have notice after 0.2.0 RC2 software encoding card support has been removed. One of the main reasons was there were alot of problems with it but most of all we wanted to have a common recording & timeshifting method to maintain for Analogue cards. With this in mind we have changed strategy which some will...
As many of you would have notice after 0.2.0 RC2 software encoding card support has been removed. One of the main reasons was...
As many of you would have notice after 0.2.0 RC2 software encoding card support has been removed. One of the main reasons was...
Replies
Views
Got it, thanks!
Got it, thanks!
MP Setup - Movie Database: Very nice feature, but... I only need English info from IMDB (no French nor German). I'm also only...
Replies
Views
Full screen works with RC1, but channel selection (with MCE remote) makes the screen opaque, the OSD is ugly (opacity, when opacity is disabled in preferences) and the channels selection is strange, bad channel number or no channel change. PS : i work with dual screens and MP is on the primary one
Full screen works with RC1, but channel selection (with MCE remote) makes the screen opaque, the OSD is ugly (opacity, when opacity...
I just installed the RC2 and when i switch the TV to fullscreen or when the top mouse controls are diplayed...Ctrl+Alt+Del... The...
Replies
Views
I think the answer for question 1) is the MP option "Map channels to TV card" menu from the "TV Cards" tab of the Television/TV Channels section. Isn'it?
I think the answer for question 1) is the MP option "Map channels to TV card" menu from the "TV Cards" tab of the Television/TV...
Hello, i have 2 questions : 1) Is it possible to have 1 analog and 1 digital (DVB-C) card in one computer and how can MP know...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm setting up a HTPC and I'm not sure what TV tuner to get. I'm thinking about getting two Terratec Cinergy 2400i Dual Tuner PCI Express cards for a total of 4 tuners. This would give me plenty of headroom for those moments when people want to record several shows at once while still watching something else.. Is an Athlon...
Hi. I'm setting up a HTPC and I'm not sure what TV tuner to get. I'm thinking about getting two Terratec Cinergy 2400i Dual...
Hi. I'm setting up a HTPC and I'm not sure what TV tuner to get. I'm thinking about getting two Terratec Cinergy 2400i Dual...
Replies
Views
Hi, i have an Technotrend S2300 Premium "modded" HI-Q and External Card Reader -Infos TT Card http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p122_Technotrend-S2300-Premium--modded--HI-Q.html TT Card is installed on PCI External Card reader is installed on COM 1 How its works this with MP, the Video Card and the Card...
Hi, i have an Technotrend S2300 Premium "modded" HI-Q and External Card Reader -Infos TT Card...
Hi, i have an Technotrend S2300 Premium "modded" HI-Q and External Card Reader -Infos TT Card...
Replies
Views
Hi, i new here, i have buy me an Technotrend S2300 Premium modded HI-Q ( more Informatoin for this Card on http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p122_Technotrend-S2300-Premium--modded--HI-Q.html this Card is not listes in supportet card list. The Card is the same Hauppauge Nexus S 2.3 The Card not working under MP...
Hi, i new here, i have buy me an Technotrend S2300 Premium modded HI-Q ( more Informatoin for this Card on...
Hi, i new here, i have buy me an Technotrend S2300 Premium modded HI-Q ( more Informatoin for this Card on...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Windows Screensaver DE
Hi I'm pretty new to this so not sure whether this is a feature or bug. Some background...I have been running the 0.2RC2 with cvs build from 4 Jan for a few weeks and enjoying it. I'm mainly using My Music as I have a DigiTV card that doesn't work that well with BDA drivers. I'm also using the iTunes player as a lot of my music...
Hi I'm pretty new to this so not sure whether this is a feature or bug. Some background...I have been running the 0.2RC2 with...
Hi I'm pretty new to this so not sure whether this is a feature or bug. Some background...I have been running the 0.2RC2 with...
Replies
Views
Well, I did put up the latest cvs and then tried to add the capture card, but to no avail. It still says I have no capture card. Again the log acts like it sees the WDM and Transport capture cards. but it says I don't have one. Here is the latest log to help: 2/3/2006 5:16:15 PM Create new standard setup 2/3/2006 5:16:15 PM...
Well, I did put up the latest cvs and then tried to add the capture card, but to no avail. It still says I have no capture card...
Hello! I have the FusionHD II card, and it works fine with Fusions software, so I'm sure it works. Also, it will work in MP if...
Replies
Views
Hi, I do not know who told you that. But the ViVo part of the 7800 is not supported by MP. This part is not even a true TV tuner. Take a look about supported TV tuner cards here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/dokuw/install/capturecards/start Flip.
Hi, I do not know who told you that. But the ViVo part of the 7800 is not supported by MP. This part is not even a true TV...
I was told that I would be able to use Media portal to capture useing my Geforce 7800GT w/vivo, but in the tv setup, I don'e see my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just installed the CVS Snapshot from 2006-01-21 and so far everything is working great. The only thing is, now when I go into my tuner card settings, I can't find where to change the contast, color and other things I could previously set up there. Where did these settings move to? Thanks, /M;
Hi all, I just installed the CVS Snapshot from 2006-01-21 and so far everything is working great. The only thing is, now when...
Hi all, I just installed the CVS Snapshot from 2006-01-21 and so far everything is working great. The only thing is, now when...
Replies
Views
I found a solution. I enabled the plugin for winamp and used volume logics winamp plugin to adjust the gain automatically. Works like a charm. http://www.octiv.com/ Peace and chicken grease
I found a solution. I enabled the plugin for winamp and used volume logics winamp plugin to adjust the gain automatically. Works...
Area: My Music MP Version: 0.1.3.0 Skin: mce Windows Version: XP Pro SP2 CPU Type: P4 2Ghz Memory: 512MB Motherboard...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No Mouse ???? DE
some one plz... a little help
some one plz... a little help
Hello... Im all new to this Mediaportal program... But it is really nice... I just installed it, and set it up and it works...
Replies
Views
At $399US it will certainly not be for everyone...
At $399US it will certainly not be for everyone...
I first saw it on Gizmodo, and found its website. It is called "SimpleRemote" and will be made by OpenPeak.com In Gizmodo it...
Replies
Views
Area: MyTV MP Version: 0.2 RC2 plus cvs-02-01-2006 Skin: mce Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4ht 3GHZ Memory: 512MB Motherboard Chipset: ASUS P4SD-LA Video Card: ATI Radeon 9200 Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6553 Video Card Resolution: 720 x 576 Video Render Type: VMR9 Video Codec Type & Version...
Area: MyTV MP Version: 0.2 RC2 plus cvs-02-01-2006 Skin: mce Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4ht 3GHZ...
Area: MyTV MP Version: 0.2 RC2 plus cvs-02-01-2006 Skin: mce Windows Version: XP SP2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4ht 3GHZ...
Replies
Views
I have a 'beta' BDA driver which fixes the stutter problem. Either go onto IRC with a decent client to accept dcc or PM me you email addresa and I'll send it on. Please don't pass this driver on to others until released officially. DMAN
I have a 'beta' BDA driver which fixes the stutter problem. Either go onto IRC with a decent client to accept dcc or PM me you...
Area: Media Portal Program (My TV) MP Version: 0.2 RC2 no cvs Skin: MCE Windows Version: Windows XP mce 2005 + all updates...
Replies
Views
I remember having this troubles once - I'll check this tomorrow!
I remember having this troubles once - I'll check this tomorrow!
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hw and Sw encoding DE
Hi, Ok, here are still some small missunderstandings. - we are talking about TV Tuner cards, not graphics cards :) - you are using DVB, DVB does not need an HW encoder, the DVB signal is already encoded by your provider - only analog cards need an HW encoder - if you want to connect your box to your PC you need a analog card...
Hi, Ok, here are still some small missunderstandings. - we are talking about TV Tuner cards, not graphics cards :) - you are...
I have a simple question (I think). I have an analog tv-card (leadtek tv2000 xp). I have connected my external digital-box...
Replies
Views
TV-Card development Hi, thanks for the infos an answer. I had the a first contact with my hardware-dealer! *smile* So, now I have an HW encoding card. OK...lets go on.. Thanks an greetings Marc
TV-Card development Hi, thanks for the infos an answer. I had the a first contact with my hardware-dealer! *smile* So, now...
Hello together, i have a big problem. (see thread plugin fritz.box.call.monitor in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recording DE
Thanks for all the quick replies, appreciated. I have an ATI AIW x800XL, and I'm using analogue cable with no HDTV. Those programs seem pretty good, I just went on VideoHelp.com and found this guide. It's kind of late so I'm going to try this tomorrow and see how much space I can save with it. Thanks for the mention of the...
Thanks for all the quick replies, appreciated. I have an ATI AIW x800XL, and I'm using analogue cable with no HDTV. Those...
How do I record in AVI format? When I record it takes up 7 GB for an hour in dvr-ms. It's really huge and unnecessary. I tried...
Replies
Views
log file This is the log file I get when I try to run a .asx video stream I hope it helps 2/2/2006 7:07:40 PM PlaylistPlayer.Play(E:\My Radio\WebTV\japan.asx) 2/2/2006 7:07:40 PM player: file is not live tv, so stop timeshifting:E:\My Radio\WebTV\japan.asx 2/2/2006 7:07:40 PM g_Player.Play(E:\My Radio\WebTV\japan.asx)...
log file This is the log file I get when I try to run a .asx video stream I hope it helps 2/2/2006 7:07:40 PM...
Hi I am trying to play .asx files using myRadio feature, but I have not being able to make it work. after adding the .asx...
Replies
Views
Hi, please do a search. Its part of the "unlogical" channel usage here in europe. :) You have to enter dummy channels, if you want to jump to the "correct" channel. MP jumps to the index of the channel list, not to the channel. In the latest CVS you can change this behaviour in the setup. Flip.
Hi, please do a search. Its part of the "unlogical" channel usage here in europe. :) You have to enter dummy channels, if you...
when watching Live-TV I have problems with typing in a number and going to the correct channel - ie I type in 68 and it actually...
Replies
Views
If you can get your card to autotune, disable EPG grabbing and Timeshifting. It might work then. I use a VBox DTA-150 and I can view ATSC channels. I jsut can't timeshift or record them yet. If you haven't already figure dit out, ATSC support for MP is very problematic due to the lack of developers and testers. It's a North American...
If you can get your card to autotune, disable EPG grabbing and Timeshifting. It might work then. I use a VBox DTA-150 and I can...
Area: Media Portal Program Skin: blue two MP Version: .1.3.0 (latest CVS - 8-8-05) Windows Version: XP PRO SP2 CPU Type...
Replies
Views
Depends .... I am using the analog antenna input. The sound is transmitted both digitally (PCI-bus), and analog from the card to the AUX input of the sound card. Neither is working.
Depends .... I am using the analog antenna input. The sound is transmitted both digitally (PCI-bus), and analog from the card...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-07-16) MediaPortal Skin: mce Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Twinhan PCI Ter and am also having problems with getting it to work with Media Portal. Could you advise which drivers I need, and where to get them? Many thanks !!! Jez
Hi I have a Twinhan PCI Ter and am also having problems with getting it to work with Media Portal. Could you advise which drivers...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP...
Replies
Views
I found a microsoft patch and installed that, it has found 13 bbc channels but no more and no picture? any suggestions anyone?
I found a microsoft patch and installed that, it has found 13 bbc channels but no more and no picture? any suggestions anyone?
Hi, I've got an original DVB card from Hauppauge, NOVA T pci which after much research seems to be a technotrend card. It does not...
Replies
Views
If i add custom resolutions in Powerstrip and then go to Control Panel -> Display -> Advanced -> Adapter -> List all modes , i can see custom resolutions added by powerstrip and switch to them. Im pretty sure the standard windows API is capable of doing the same. Powertrip is definetly *the* program to make custom resolutions in...
If i add custom resolutions in Powerstrip and then go to Control Panel -> Display -> Advanced -> Adapter -> List all modes , i can...
Hello ! After having used MediaPortal for at while now, it is time for my first post on this forum.. A short question...
Replies
Views
Re: Problem with all icons in the last CVS (02-02-2006--01-0 I´s a BUG.. Same with yesterdays relese... If amy ony more run FireDtv you may cause problem with MyTv to!! No picture or sound... The device dont even load..
Re: Problem with all icons in the last CVS (02-02-2006--01-0 I´s a BUG.. Same with yesterdays relese... If amy ony more run...
With the two last CVS from yesterday, all icons in MP are strange, we have only a vertical lign. We have the problem for icons of...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom