General Support (91 Viewers)

Post problems you have when using MediaPortal, or pre installation questions in here.
I'm having this image stuttering problem when the teletext appears. Is anybody here experimenting the same problem? The image seems to skip every time the text appears, so I lose the action.. :S :S
I'm having this image stuttering problem when the teletext appears. Is anybody here experimenting the same problem? The image...
I'm having this image stuttering problem when the teletext appears. Is anybody here experimenting the same problem? The image...
Replies
Views
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: Media Portal 1 MediaPortal Skin: Default Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1 CPU Type: AMD X2 5200 HDD: WD IDE 160GB Memory: 4GB DD2 Motherboard: MSI Diva Live 5.1 Video Card: Built in (780G) Video Card Driver: Sound Card: D2Audio (part of AMD Maui Platform) Sound Card AC3: Sound...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: Media Portal 1 MediaPortal Skin: Default Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1 CPU Type...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: Media Portal 1 MediaPortal Skin: Default Windows Version: Vista Ultimate SP1 CPU Type...
Replies
Views
Mediaportal 1.1 RC2 Windows 7 64bit win7codecpack divx codec (installed later, didnt make a difference). Hi there, I've got a few sub problems with MP ever since I switched from XP with a very old MP to win7 with the latest and greatest MP. A select few files refuse to show subs (or audio streams) while they are available in...
Mediaportal 1.1 RC2 Windows 7 64bit win7codecpack divx codec (installed later, didnt make a difference). Hi there, I've...
Mediaportal 1.1 RC2 Windows 7 64bit win7codecpack divx codec (installed later, didnt make a difference). Hi there, I've...
Replies
Views
[Is it absolutely neceassary to install the elements of MP in the order shown in the videos? 1. SLQ 2. TV engine (msi) 3. Media Portal 4. SVN 5. TV engine client Are there any changes as far as the order of installation is concerned possible/recommendable? Which is the major source of errors? I did everthing according to...
[Is it absolutely neceassary to install the elements of MP in the order shown in the videos? 1. SLQ 2. TV engine (msi) 3. Media...
[Is it absolutely neceassary to install the elements of MP in the order shown in the videos? 1. SLQ 2. TV engine (msi) 3. Media...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Displaying info DE
How do you get the video info to display below the coverart, like it shows in the sample screen in the documentation? I've scrapped all my files, and when editing, a plot shows up for all of them. But the only thing displaying is the file name and year. Is there some setting that needs to be activated?
How do you get the video info to display below the coverart, like it shows in the sample screen in the documentation? I've scrapped...
How do you get the video info to display below the coverart, like it shows in the sample screen in the documentation? I've scrapped...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Trouble with OSD DE
Hi, I'm using MediaPortal V1.0.2 with blue3wide skin, and i have a problem with the OSD. I can't make it work anywhere in MP, i've also tried a couple of other skins with the same result. Any idea? It try to open when i hit the OSD button, but it's like it's only there for a couple of milliseconds. Is it possible to use "SMS"...
Hi, I'm using MediaPortal V1.0.2 with blue3wide skin, and i have a problem with the OSD. I can't make it work anywhere in MP...
Hi, I'm using MediaPortal V1.0.2 with blue3wide skin, and i have a problem with the OSD. I can't make it work anywhere in MP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No Video folders DE
I have only set up Moving Pictures to recognise my movie folder (or part of my movies for now until I get to grips with it all), which it recognises and updates without a problem. MP doesn't have any set folders for any video files, but "MovingPictures" is installed and working fine alongside IMDb+ (although I can't get the IMDb+ to...
I have only set up Moving Pictures to recognise my movie folder (or part of my movies for now until I get to grips with it all)...
I have only set up Moving Pictures to recognise my movie folder (or part of my movies for now until I get to grips with it all)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just discovered Media Portal. Ive been putting DVD/Video covers on my films. Every 2-4 Covers the whole process locks up and the screen freezes. I've tried CADing it, sometimes i can end the task but mostly i have to reboot. Im using an ADVENT laptop, running Vista and have 2gb ram. Anyone any ideas on what the problem...
Hi all, just discovered Media Portal. Ive been putting DVD/Video covers on my films. Every 2-4 Covers the whole process locks up...
Hi all, just discovered Media Portal. Ive been putting DVD/Video covers on my films. Every 2-4 Covers the whole process locks up...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if it was possible to add custom album review/descriptions to the database, or maybe have it read from the album folder? I do like the automatic lookup, but some of my albums (classical mostly) are thrown together by me, but I have work descriptions. If it's not available online, can it still be accessed? Also, I...
I was wondering if it was possible to add custom album review/descriptions to the database, or maybe have it read from the album...
I was wondering if it was possible to add custom album review/descriptions to the database, or maybe have it read from the album...
Replies
Views
Hehe ok. Thanks Holzi. :)
Hehe ok. Thanks Holzi. :)
Quick question. Is it possible to have two different versions of MP installed?
Replies
Views
I have a bit of an issue with my computer, it has a wireless network card installed which is great. Only problem is when the system goes into s3 and then comes out the wifi loses it's connection. I've tried everything I can think of to make the thing wake up from the driver end (wifi card) but it doesn't work. What does work is...
I have a bit of an issue with my computer, it has a wireless network card installed which is great. Only problem is when the...
I have a bit of an issue with my computer, it has a wireless network card installed which is great. Only problem is when the...
Replies
Views
I have just installed a CCTV system that has a network accessable DVR unit. As I have a seperate server running the TVServer service and I'd like to add the camera streams so that I can view the cameras from any of my Media-Portal clients. At the moment I have been able to setup each camera stream by using the RadioWebSteam and adding...
I have just installed a CCTV system that has a network accessable DVR unit. As I have a seperate server running the TVServer...
I have just installed a CCTV system that has a network accessable DVR unit. As I have a seperate server running the TVServer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Fantastic Software DE
Hi everyone, i would just like to make my first post on here too say how fantastic MediaPortal is. I have been using it For 6 years now (from V1.1.1) and it has worked flawlessly. I only use TV Series and Moving Pictures and both plugins have worked 100%, everytime. My whole family use on a daily basis with no problems, from my 4 year...
Hi everyone, i would just like to make my first post on here too say how fantastic MediaPortal is. I have been using it For 6 years...
Hi everyone, i would just like to make my first post on here too say how fantastic MediaPortal is. I have been using it For 6 years...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Jpg and playbill DE
Try renaming the jpg to folder.jpg.
Try renaming the jpg to folder.jpg.
Hello to all, First post for me here. Video question. I put .jpg image in the same directory with .avi I see only preview...
Replies
Views
I'm in the market for my first projection screen (fixed to the wall, probably gray). Since Elitech has one for less than half the price of a comparable Da-Lite one, I was wondering if anyone has used the Elitech brand or heard anything about how they compare with the more popular ones. Thanks! gary
I'm in the market for my first projection screen (fixed to the wall, probably gray). Since Elitech has one for less than half the...
I'm in the market for my first projection screen (fixed to the wall, probably gray). Since Elitech has one for less than half the...
Replies
Views
My home network is all on a BT home hub so im not even sure if port forwarding is possible? Anybody (probably UK members will know) have any knowledge on this? My Tvserver uses a wireless-G card to connect to the BT home hub, which in turn is conncted to the internet via ADSL. Other MP clients on my home network use their own...
My home network is all on a BT home hub so im not even sure if port forwarding is possible? Anybody (probably UK members will know)...
Is it possible to remotely stream to a client MP setup over the internet by using my routers IP address? This is obviously possible...
Replies
Views
Hey this is probably a pretty simple thing, but someone just asked me to turn on a visualizer, i went into the config and enabled the windows media player one. How do i actually get it to work/use it? Using 1.0.1 and streamedmp if thats relevant. Thanks alot
Hey this is probably a pretty simple thing, but someone just asked me to turn on a visualizer, i went into the config and enabled...
Hey this is probably a pretty simple thing, but someone just asked me to turn on a visualizer, i went into the config and enabled...
Replies
Views
Hi, On certain channels I get a few pixels of black and white flickering lines along the top of the screen. It seems to vary by the show currently on, and seems to happen a lot on HD channels, when they are showing SD content. I know this is coming from the actual stream/broadcast (not created by mp), but I just wondered if...
Hi, On certain channels I get a few pixels of black and white flickering lines along the top of the screen. It seems to vary by...
Hi, On certain channels I get a few pixels of black and white flickering lines along the top of the screen. It seems to vary by...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm an avid user of CVS builds. Lately I noticed the autotune dialog have been made fully automatic. This is good, but then it is no longer possible to manually tune your channels? Say you need to change a single channel that has been moved to another frequency - how do you do that? Yes, you could manually input the new...
Hi I'm an avid user of CVS builds. Lately I noticed the autotune dialog have been made fully automatic. This is good, but...
Hi I'm an avid user of CVS builds. Lately I noticed the autotune dialog have been made fully automatic. This is good, but...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Default Start Icon DE
Hi, When I first load Media Portal 1.5 using the titan theme, it defaults to TV, however, I would like to remove that from the options or at the very least make it default to TV shows instead of Live TV. Is there a way to do this?
Hi, When I first load Media Portal 1.5 using the titan theme, it defaults to TV, however, I would like to remove that from the...
Hi, When I first load Media Portal 1.5 using the titan theme, it defaults to TV, however, I would like to remove that from the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Install Problem DE
I can install MP I get an error saying "Downlopad of settings failed. Please review your Internet Explorer configerations and try again. Corrupted config file, if found will be deleted." And it is pointing to this ip addresws " http://install.team-mediaportal.com/deploytool/applicationlocations.xml " Can andone tell me how I can...
I can install MP I get an error saying "Downlopad of settings failed. Please review your Internet Explorer configerations and try...
I can install MP I get an error saying "Downlopad of settings failed. Please review your Internet Explorer configerations and try...
Replies
Views
Hi, want to use nested group controls for skin design. Is it possible to set the x/y pos of the outer group only and put some other groups like TableLayout inside. I tried something like <control> <description>outer group</description> <type>group</type> <posX>470</posX> <posY>115</posY>...
Hi, want to use nested group controls for skin design. Is it possible to set the x/y pos of the outer group only and put some other...
Hi, want to use nested group controls for skin design. Is it possible to set the x/y pos of the outer group only and put some other...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. While I use media portal for watching movies and TV series that I have stored on my network. I wanted to know if there is a way to have music (either from my system or streamed from the net say through last.fm or other source) automatically play while I am switching between things or if I stop what I am watching...
Hello everyone. While I use media portal for watching movies and TV series that I have stored on my network. I wanted to know if...
Hello everyone. While I use media portal for watching movies and TV series that I have stored on my network. I wanted to know if...
Replies
Views
Hi, this isn't an official build but you may a try. regeszter's MePo (local development)
Hi, this isn't an official build but you may a try. regeszter's MePo (local development)
hi I'm runing a MPserver with 3-4 clients. Is there any way to lock the clients to spesific program groups?
Replies
Views
ok so over the last day ive had a nightmare with media portal first the tv tuners decide to un map them selfs then when there re mapped it recorded to c drive filling it up causing more problems. after re mapping the recorded tv to the right drives media portal wouldnt see the tv server and i had to replace the gentle config to get it...
ok so over the last day ive had a nightmare with media portal first the tv tuners decide to un map them selfs then when there re...
ok so over the last day ive had a nightmare with media portal first the tv tuners decide to un map them selfs then when there re...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I upgraded to 1.6 today in the hopes that i would have better luck at scanning my video collection as previously i was not getting all the cover art displayed. Everything has gone well so far but i noticed there is not the same length of synopsis of the movies anymore. Is this a change from IMBD or something to do with the...
Hi all, I upgraded to 1.6 today in the hopes that i would have better luck at scanning my video collection as previously i was not...
Hi all, I upgraded to 1.6 today in the hopes that i would have better luck at scanning my video collection as previously i was not...
Replies
Views
Hi Everybody ive just installed MP on my HP laptop with vista premium 32 bit on it but everytime i want to switch to another feature, the warning comes and after 3-5 minutes it works again. this is very annoying. Why does that warning come, and how do i make it work much more smooth? thansk alot
Hi Everybody ive just installed MP on my HP laptop with vista premium 32 bit on it but everytime i want to switch to another...
Hi Everybody ive just installed MP on my HP laptop with vista premium 32 bit on it but everytime i want to switch to another...
Replies
Views
This is potentially a silly question, but I'm asking it anyway :) When viewing my movie list in the 'Shares' view it always puts my .img .bin & .iso files at the top of the list followed by my avi's etc.. It drives me nuts :S If I switch the view to "title" all is sorted correctly, except it includes all my shares (which I dont...
This is potentially a silly question, but I'm asking it anyway :) When viewing my movie list in the 'Shares' view it always puts...
This is potentially a silly question, but I'm asking it anyway :) When viewing my movie list in the 'Shares' view it always puts...
Replies
Views
Deactivating Blu-ray player did the trick for me: I also disabled DVD autoplay but in my case it's probably not even needed cause I only rip Blu-rays:
Deactivating Blu-ray player did the trick for me: I also disabled DVD autoplay but in my case it's probably not even needed cause...
I find I can't easily use MP while doing some Blu-ray ripping in the background cause it keeps on wanting to access my optical...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Volume property DE
Thank you very much
Thank you very much
Good evening, Does anyone know if there is a Mediaportal property to report the current volume level as an integer? I have looked...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom