HTPC-Cases / PSU / Cooling (6 Viewers)

Discussions about HTPC Cases, Power Supply Units and general system cooling
I've got an Overture (original, not the II version) and it's a good case, the only thing not so good is that it's a warm case what makes more dificult to choose between low noise and good air flow, for the price I think it's a good choice. I'm happy with it! If you're not looking for the low price these are very impressive cases...
I've got an Overture (original, not the II version) and it's a good case, the only thing not so good is that it's a warm case what...
Model: Antec NSK2400 Read review: Silentpcreview Price: CHEAP! (Just above 700 Nkr/about 80 Euros, I guess) Formfactor: mATX...
Replies
Views
what is it about the Zalman that is incompatible with your motherboard? I just put one in my system if you need any measurements or anything (the AlCu version, not the all copper)
what is it about the Zalman that is incompatible with your motherboard? I just put one in my system if you need any measurements...
Well, still thinking about a HTPC, and i'm now thinking about the Ahanix MCE-302 case. First i need some advice about Power...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ANTEC HTPC Case!!!! (1 Viewer) DE
I'm using a 8600gts in my case and it was really loud so I fitted the Zalman VNF100. It works really well in this case. it is extreemly quite now. you need the fans running in this case for it to cool though. there is no way to have all the components passive because you will get a build up of heat. the case airflow works really...
I'm using a 8600gts in my case and it was really loud so I fitted the Zalman VNF100. It works really well in this case. it is...
This looks like a stunner: Fits only MATX boards. Uses a standard PSU, which is housed in a dedicated compartment...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New case design DE
Rendered images Yes this is the mockup. The first cases have arrived from the workshop.. Some mounting and finishing for the fanless system.. Gone show some more of the case when mounting it.. The first one gone be a black w brushed top and front..
Rendered images Yes this is the mockup. The first cases have arrived from the workshop.. Some mounting and finishing for the...
Gone start to build my new htpc case. Please give some feedback on this... Link Cheers
Replies
Views
Man... you weren't kidding about the connection being slow...
Man... you weren't kidding about the connection being slow...
I saw on slashdot an article (http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/02/01/137202&from=rss) on the Optimus mini three key...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC case Questions DE
What's up fellla's I was wondering if any of you use this case. Uneed x11 with VFD Here's the link - http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/pName/origenae-x11-htpc-case-with-vfdir-module-and-mce-remote-black/cName/htpc-cases I currently have a Silverstone LC14m. I went a little bit overboard when I first built my HTPC. I...
What's up fellla's I was wondering if any of you use this case. Uneed x11 with VFD Here's the link -...
What's up fellla's I was wondering if any of you use this case. Uneed x11 with VFD Here's the link -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Budget case DE
Thanks for that. Im not a tight arse, just not as flush to fork out for a £500 bare bones case with lcd :D Keep them coming :)
Thanks for that. Im not a tight arse, just not as flush to fork out for a £500 bare bones case with lcd :D Keep them coming :)
Hi Im looking for a case for a new project. My criteria, cheap, good looking and quiet. Lets set the budget at £120. Must be...
Replies
Views
LC10M owner I have just got a LC10m and it rocks the remote is a little weak to be fair but the case is awsome. The VFD is greate and with the plugin works really well in MediaPortal. That said I have ha dmine for 3 weeks and I still have a burning desire to get the Logitech Harmony 680 remote - it just looks so good. I also have a...
LC10M owner I have just got a LC10m and it rocks the remote is a little weak to be fair but the case is awsome. The VFD is greate...
Hi to everybody For my HTPC I have seen the cases Silverstone LC10 and LC10M I set the following problem: - LC10 (base...
Replies
Views
The vendor A-Tech Fabrication has been on the AVS forum for quite a long time and has taken suggestions and deigned many nice cases for HTPC use and also for mass storage. A couple of the cases are silent - based on heat pipe technology. I don't own nor do I have any financial (or other) interest in the company or the cases. The...
The vendor A-Tech Fabrication has been on the AVS forum for quite a long time and has taken suggestions and deigned many nice...
The vendor A-Tech Fabrication has been on the AVS forum for quite a long time and has taken suggestions and deigned many nice...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case < 16" DE
I have an MSI MEGA 865...i find it very reliable and small enuf to sit under my TV on a small TV stand here are the latest releases from MSI : MSI MEGA 865 Pro MPC 915 now MSI gimme a new system....lol ;)
I have an MSI MEGA 865...i find it very reliable and small enuf to sit under my TV on a small TV stand here are the latest...
Hello friends, I have a HTPC Devine case, but it is too long (about 18") to fit in my new entertainment center (dont ask). My...
Replies
Views
A
MP1 MP2 HTPC Case Review DE
Thanx for this tip. Very interresting reading :D
Thanx for this tip. Very interresting reading :D
Tom's Hardware Guide has come out with their first review of HTPC cases.. Interesting read...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Quiet PSU Selection DE
Also, check out recommended PSUs at www.silentpcreview.com Excellent site on quiet/silent computing... BTW, I'm running an Antec Phantom (fanless) with no probs.
Also, check out recommended PSUs at www.silentpcreview.com Excellent site on quiet/silent computing... BTW, I'm running an...
My no-name ATX desktop case's PSU is too loud, so I'm looking to replace it. I'm currently considering Tagan 'Whisper' or Seasonic...
Replies
Views
S
That Ultra slim case from Stevenduk seems very familiar to me. A Dutch computer store www.alternate.nl uses this case for their complete system. It's very nice, but needs very specific hardware. And it does only have room for 1 PCI, nothing more. Also the DVD drive must be a slim line, there is no room for a normal sized one. I've...
That Ultra slim case from Stevenduk seems very familiar to me. A Dutch computer store www.alternate.nl uses this case for their...
Hey Guys, I've just spotted on ebuyer this ultra slim media center case, Its the same sort of size as a standard dvd player (yes...
Replies
Views
Ouch! Those cases, set up with some common things like a vfd, are almost $800! You're right those are expensive. They still seem rather large too.
Ouch! Those cases, set up with some common things like a vfd, are almost $800! You're right those are expensive. They still seem...
We would all like to have a completely silent HTPC ofcourse... The way to be completely quiet is to use passive cooling. The...
Replies
Views
I have no sugestions besides the copper silent 2tc, but it wont fit you say. Is the heigth the only problem??? couse I think it is not so high maybe yoy can find something here http://www.frostytech.com/index.cfm or this one : Vantec CCK-6012 Socket A / 370 Low-Profile CPU Fan for 1U Rackmount
I have no sugestions besides the copper silent 2tc, but it wont fit you say. Is the heigth the only problem??? couse I think it...
I use this case http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15138 Independent laboratory testing proves that Sonata...
Replies
Views
Accent... Do you know the case: http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-200.htm Good looking, space but my have temperature troubles ... :roll:
Accent... Do you know the case: http://www.arisetec.com/products/HT-200.htm Good looking, space but my have temperature...
is this a nice case? i can just laid it on its side (micro atx) can be found at here...
Replies
Views
I also have the LC10. I have a P4 Prescott, which is a VERY hot CPU and had problems trying to keep it cool. I tried several coolers, but the did not do the job. I originally wanted the Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu, but did not think it would fit. I decided to try the Zalman anyway, as I thought I could always cut a few of the fins off...
I also have the LC10. I have a P4 Prescott, which is a VERY hot CPU and had problems trying to keep it cool. I tried several...
I cant get any info on web for my project ~12db HTPC Can I use silverstone technology fanless PSU+CPU in my LC10 case? My mCube...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
T
Have you tried updating the drivers for your spiffy GeforceFX card?
Have you tried updating the drivers for your spiffy GeforceFX card?
HEllo all, as i sit here eagerly awaiting the release of TV Engine 2.0, i have been reworking my hardware options. My Current MPPC...
Replies
Views
A
Perhaps this is something for you: http://www.modasylum.com/guides.php?guide=21 I have built one in my htpc box and it works great. It cost me about 10€ and allows you to use up to 14 buttons. It requires a little work but if you intend to build a gamepad into your computer i guess you won't mind getting your fingers dirty...
Perhaps this is something for you: http://www.modasylum.com/guides.php?guide=21 I have built one in my htpc box and it works...
I've bought a graphic LCD to be installed in my case and since one thing leads to another (will this project ever be finished?) I...
Replies
Views
alexeix: Got the Pioneer DVD-RW ,yself... Pioneer got their own software for speedcontroll (Nero DriveSpeed didn't work for me). I'll find it if nothing else work for you... belive it was this, though: http://wwwbsc.pioneer.co.jp/product-e/ibs/device_e/dev00001r_e.html
alexeix: Got the Pioneer DVD-RW ,yself... Pioneer got their own software for speedcontroll (Nero DriveSpeed didn't work for me)...
After several attempt of building my HTPC I want to share some experience with you. First I had used my old spare PC, as it was...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom