MediaPortal 1 Talk (60 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hmm I'll have to give that a shot as well... I have noticed that it drags ass when I add a recording. EDIT: Ok I turned off the conflicts manager plugin (tv server), and the slowness went away! Thank you so much for this tip!
Hmm I'll have to give that a shot as well... I have noticed that it drags ass when I add a recording. EDIT: Ok I turned off the...
Some times when i e.g. want to add a new recording after i pressed add the whole gui freezes for up to 45 sec. When this happens i...
Replies
Views
Wow great got it to work now, but had difficulties with HID in the beginning. The one thing that finally made it work was that in the MCE replacement plugin you need to check "enable message mode" for hid to be able to pass IR Commands to MP. That took me two hours to find out, hope no one else here struggles so much with that...
Wow great got it to work now, but had difficulties with HID in the beginning. The one thing that finally made it work was that in...
Hi This post is about an idea which I had recently, but didnt get very far with it. It might be a bit offtopic as well as it...
Replies
Views
I forgot... What is the possibility of connecting to the server from a remote location via the internet? - what are the bandwidth requirements ? /MadDuke
I forgot... What is the possibility of connecting to the server from a remote location via the internet? - what are the...
I am considering setting up a ‘TV Engine 0.3 Server’ on my server, and connect to it with my HTPC trough 100 m/bit network ('giga'...
Replies
Views
saltwater - You should search out the work that and-81 is doing. Checkout this thread for his new work. I think he has already created a plugin to control a STB with IR controller (that is why I said to search, I can't rememer the thread that is asscoated with that). Mike
saltwater - You should search out the work that and-81 is doing. Checkout this thread for his new work. I think he has already...
Hello everybody! Good to be here. Forgive me if this isn't clearly phrased...I'm a noob with this stuff... When I hit the...
Replies
Views
..Argh fixed the missing subtitles and menus by changing the Video Codec, but now my .mkv's wont play.. And I can't get CoreAVC to register under vista :(
..Argh fixed the missing subtitles and menus by changing the Video Codec, but now my .mkv's wont play.. And I can't get CoreAVC to...
Is there a way to reinstall Windows MediaPlayer on Vista? If I try to start it (either by shortcut or by .exe) it never starts...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Channel sort DE
You may backup & restore your channels from the config utility.
You may backup & restore your channels from the config utility.
On the odd occasion, I have had to re-install MP. I have had to go through the process of putting the channels back into order of...
Replies
Views
thx anyway for the answers. you are amazing. i told you that i allready have a problem with the 0.2.2 release, without svn. i tried also with svn, and it doesn't work. i mean teh SAT lnb. only 1 works. on the other lnb i get no signal. i use nova-s with bda driver. but doesn't matter. 0.2.2 works fine with wwitv plugin. but i...
thx anyway for the answers. you are amazing. i told you that i allready have a problem with the 0.2.2 release, without svn. i...
I downloaded the software, the 0.2.2.0 release. diseqc is not working correctly with 2 lnb. the plugins such google, youtube -...
Replies
Views
I am having trouble with learning the IR Codes, every time I try learn and then test, it never works :( I was wondering if someone could send me thier serverblaster.dat (or myblaster.dat) for the Foxtel Digital STU (Australia) Thanks!!
I am having trouble with learning the IR Codes, every time I try learn and then test, it never works :( I was wondering if...
I am having trouble with learning the IR Codes, every time I try learn and then test, it never works :( I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Within certain boundaries, this is what the "My Keys" plugin is doing. Search repository and forums for more info.
Within certain boundaries, this is what the "My Keys" plugin is doing. Search repository and forums for more info.
Hi, I'm not really sure if I'm right here, but I couldn't find any better place! Is it possible in MP to program keys to...
Replies
Views
I think so. Playing the same files using the same decoders I get different images.....
I think so. Playing the same files using the same decoders I get different images.....
Yesterday I installed the last version of TvEngine + svn and I configured it. In the section Tv of Mediaportal I chose to use...
Replies
Views
In TV engine #2, the program will still be recorded as long as MP is running, no matter where you are. In TV engine #3 then the program will be recorded even if the mediaportal application has stopped (although I think this is onlt the case for scheduled recordings, not manual recordings started via the application)
In TV engine #2, the program will still be recorded as long as MP is running, no matter where you are. In TV engine #3 then the...
Is it possible to leave My TV while it's recording a TV channel (without stopping it)?
Replies
Views
Well, it'd be nice to just open the feed in mediaportal rather than toggle through tv/video. There's a mac version, and it can capture in stuff like Premiere. Basically anything that can access windows camera feed capture can use it. Like I said, it's not terribly important =3
Well, it'd be nice to just open the feed in mediaportal rather than toggle through tv/video. There's a mac version, and it can...
I have a Belkin VideoBus USB capture card. It can be opened in media player classic as a device, so it's functional. However, it's...
Replies
Views
of course. that is one of the major features of the new engine
of course. that is one of the major features of the new engine
Hi! Are there any roadmap to migrate the new TV-engine into the standalone Mediaportal application?
Replies
Views
Post more information like any errors in the mediaportal or configuration log files related to the device. DMAN
Post more information like any errors in the mediaportal or configuration log files related to the device. DMAN
Hello folks Is it possible to use Media Portal to capture video with the above card? I have it all installed and the driver for...
Replies
Views
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/config-SQL-Server#head-9b06f87b569f381bc4ad67df250626fd4e709468 Check that out, it works.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/config-SQL-Server#head-9b06f87b569f381bc4ad67df250626fd4e709468 Check that out, it...
Can i set a upper limit for the MSSQL-memoryusage? I only got 512 in my server (witch also runs a single-seat-setup)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AniDB Lookup? DE
The IMDB lookup is fantastic, but is there any way to use AniDB as a lookup service as well? Most of the stuff on my box doesn't come up when searching Amazon... Parsing is really easy : * all links to search results start with http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl? * the cover is the only img src on the show's page that...
The IMDB lookup is fantastic, but is there any way to use AniDB as a lookup service as well? Most of the stuff on my box doesn't...
The IMDB lookup is fantastic, but is there any way to use AniDB as a lookup service as well? Most of the stuff on my box doesn't...
Replies
Views
I just wondering , if i change my little 13" tv in my home master room with a small-foot-print pc with a 22" LCD computer monitor with DVI connector , and use the media portal client , i have the same brightly resolution , like a TV quality? ** before that suppose i install the TV server in a another computer with all the specs and...
I just wondering , if i change my little 13" tv in my home master room with a small-foot-print pc with a 22" LCD computer monitor...
I just wondering , if i change my little 13" tv in my home master room with a small-foot-print pc with a 22" LCD computer monitor...
Replies
Views
has anybody got the stream to open in any app other than vlc or mp?
has anybody got the stream to open in any app other than vlc or mp?
Hi Has anybody tried and succeeded to open a TV stream in zoomplayer? If so, how? zp just hangs for me. Did post over at...
Replies
Views
Hi all: I have a Terractec cinergy card, I connected a DVB-C cable to it and started streaming movies from Video content server, but I dont know how to display that movie using MediaPorta, is it considered as TV because it has a specific frequency? Thanks
Hi all: I have a Terractec cinergy card, I connected a DVB-C cable to it and started streaming movies from Video content server...
Hi all: I have a Terractec cinergy card, I connected a DVB-C cable to it and started streaming movies from Video content server...
Replies
Views
I described a similar problem in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal_vs_altdvb-t22151.html The same channel seen with MP(TvEngine 3) and AltDvb 2.2 are very different. The image from alt-dvb2.2 is much better.
I described a similar problem in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal_vs_altdvb-t22151.html The same...
hi, I am trying to use the tvserver latest svn. No problem at installation, all is running. However, tv quality appears to be...
Replies
Views
Currently I have a Shuttle XPC with an Hauppauge HVR-1300 as my MediaCenter box but I'd like to add a new TV card (USB, such as Hauppauge HVR-900). However, I just had a new weird idea: since I have a Linux box which is always on, do you think it is feasible to install VMware server running WinXP, connect the USB TV card and run a...
Currently I have a Shuttle XPC with an Hauppauge HVR-1300 as my MediaCenter box but I'd like to add a new TV card (USB, such as...
Currently I have a Shuttle XPC with an Hauppauge HVR-1300 as my MediaCenter box but I'd like to add a new TV card (USB, such as...
Replies
Views
Hi switzch, I am using girder 3.3.8 and I use sendmessage plugin instead of keystrokes, if you want to send messages to mediaportal from girder you need also to install mce replacement plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/original_thread_mce_replacement_plugin_v1_0-t11068.html by and81. So I receive remote signals in girder and...
Hi switzch, I am using girder 3.3.8 and I use sendmessage plugin instead of keystrokes, if you want to send messages to mediaportal...
I have three questions about the TV Guide.... 1. Is there a 'GUIDE' button that I can use which will directly bring up the EPG...
Replies
Views
Hi does anybody know a mediaguard CAM that supports multi channel decoding ? (For TV Vlaanderen and/or Canaldigitaal) Thanks, Johan.
Hi does anybody know a mediaguard CAM that supports multi channel decoding ? (For TV Vlaanderen and/or Canaldigitaal) Thanks...
Hi does anybody know a mediaguard CAM that supports multi channel decoding ? (For TV Vlaanderen and/or Canaldigitaal) Thanks...
Replies
Views
Thank's Sorry for the RTFM. (Read the f'*** manual)
Thank's Sorry for the RTFM. (Read the f'*** manual)
Hi! How can I tweak the TV-guide to be more easy to read? Now it's to small. Should be larger text for each program. It is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 stable patches DE
I can't comment on the timing of stable releases. All I can do is encourage you to post bug reports when you find problems. If you need the stability of 0.2.2.0, then by all means stay with 0.2.2.0. Good luck,
I can't comment on the timing of stable releases. All I can do is encourage you to post bug reports when you find problems. If...
are there stable patches to put on top of the current stable 0.2.2.0 version? ive been using the latest svn's up to now but id like...
Replies
Views
Noelix, sorry, just re-read your post. You'll have to change the setting on your cable box, see if it's got an anamorphic output. Otherwise you'll have to change codec settings each time you change from a 4x3 to letterbox channel. But, I'm glad I did the re-install. I've found that I can get full screen anamorphic video output to...
Noelix, sorry, just re-read your post. You'll have to change the setting on your cable box, see if it's got an anamorphic output...
Hi, I'm tying to migrate from ShowShifter to MediaPortal but have two main problems. 1. I need anamorphic output for my...
Replies
Views
We have been talking about you using the MCE replacement plugin, in which case you need to disable MediaPortal's built in MCE Remote support and also click "Remove Replacement Button Mappings" in the "Map Buttons" area. It's detailed in the documentation, but most people seem to miss it. Maybe I should make the documentation better...
We have been talking about you using the MCE replacement plugin, in which case you need to disable MediaPortal's built in MCE...
Hi to all today i turn on my pc and i saw that my microsoft MCE remote today scroll of 2 lines in the menu. So i can't scroll all...
Replies
Views
Thank you to all of you!! Iosu
Thank you to all of you!! Iosu
Hi to all I'm lost what should I use .TS or .MPG? What are the differences? What of both is better? I have try to find...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Web Interface DE
I used this one and it seemed to work fine. http://www.mp-webinterface.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 I think the TV Server might have a web interface built in. I am not sure though, I dont use the TV Server.
I used this one and it seemed to work fine. http://www.mp-webinterface.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 I...
What do I need to install to be able to use a web interface to my Media Portal box?
Replies
Views
Hi Stig, thanks for this great info. Regards, Johan.
Hi Stig, thanks for this great info. Regards, Johan.
Hi, Is it possible to create a series recording based on a keyword ? I know that there is a "search by keyword" function and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom