MediaPortal 1 Talk (67 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Yeah in that case stick with TV2 it's a great product! Maybe there is a dev out who there who knows about this problem and will fix it in TV3 when they have time, I don't think they have to justy ANYTHING! ;-) I don't think they have to comment on the forums if they don't want to. From what I've noticed the MP devs a farily quiet on...
Yeah in that case stick with TV2 it's a great product! Maybe there is a dev out who there who knows about this problem and will fix...
Can someone recommend a anolog dual tunner TV card that works with TV server. I have a Nvidia Dual TV but it dosen't find channels...
Replies
Views
also, if you have the MCE remote, just press the "0" button on the number pad. I guess this would also work from the keyboard. That's even easier than using the context menu.
also, if you have the MCE remote, just press the "0" button on the number pad. I guess this would also work from the keyboard...
Hi All, I stumbled upon MP this weekend. I've had a few hurdles along the way, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVB-EPG DE
Ooops silly me seems the areial is not in probably:sorry: :oops:
Ooops silly me seems the areial is not in probably:sorry: :oops:
Using the official twinhan software it take take 2mins to receive all 36 channels Tv Server take 2 hrs+ to even get 1 Why is...
Replies
Views
I am trying to set my remote to restore MP if it starts minimized to system tray, so I need a keyboard shortcut to do this. Any ideas? Is there another workoaround to do this or should I not bother with minimized to tray?
I am trying to set my remote to restore MP if it starts minimized to system tray, so I need a keyboard shortcut to do this. Any...
I am trying to set my remote to restore MP if it starts minimized to system tray, so I need a keyboard shortcut to do this. Any...
Replies
Views
I think what happens is, once you get paid, you get sent the file via email or something. But when they go to install it, they'll see the "open-source" and "free" parts of the program, and they'll realise that they've been had. But he can legally do this, as the GPL license believes in FREEDOM of code, not FREE code. So legally I...
I think what happens is, once you get paid, you get sent the file via email or something. But when they go to install it, they'll...
This seller on eBay is claiming to be an authorised re-seller of MediaPortal. Can he legally say that, let alone sell MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Probably the simplest way would be to make a specific input-device mapping. Unfortunately I did only find very basic documentation about input-device mapping. Can someone help and explain to me how this works in details? - what is the difference between the layers? - not all the possible actions are clear to me - a detailed...
Probably the simplest way would be to make a specific input-device mapping. Unfortunately I did only find very basic...
Hi My remote has a scroll-wheel. This wheel could make navigation in MP pretty simple and fast. Only drawback is, that there is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 AV Media problems DE
Hi I have installed the latest driver for the AV Media Card Having problems tuning in chan's and remote analogue side of card not working ''unable to create graph for this device" Mr Moz
Hi I have installed the latest driver for the AV Media Card Having problems tuning in chan's and remote analogue side...
Hi I have installed the latest driver for the AV Media Card Having problems tuning in chan's and remote analogue side...
Replies
Views
Hi, My dad just bought an tv tuner. An könig CMP-TVTUNER30 it's DVB and put in through pci. My dad has got windows xp media center edition. But this doesn't recognise his tv tuner. It is working if he uses the original driver that he got with it. So i searched a bit on google, and everywhere i came people said that media portal was...
Hi, My dad just bought an tv tuner. An könig CMP-TVTUNER30 it's DVB and put in through pci. My dad has got windows xp media center...
Hi, My dad just bought an tv tuner. An könig CMP-TVTUNER30 it's DVB and put in through pci. My dad has got windows xp media center...
Replies
Views
Well, i installed SQL server, manager and all prerequesites, and the TVe3. The TVE finds my TV tuner, but is not able to find any channels - adding them manually gives me errormessages :( Looks like the ADS INstantTV USB wont work with my MCE :(
Well, i installed SQL server, manager and all prerequesites, and the TVe3. The TVE finds my TV tuner, but is not able to find any...
Right, I have an ADS InstantTV USB, it has been installed properly with the drivers, but I cannot get it to work under MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Yes i can CONFIRM.
Yes i can CONFIRM.
Hi, I've been away for most of the week and the last SVN snapshot I installed on my Vista x64 Ultimate machine was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am asking this question as I believe that it is supported as it is a "Analog card with Mpeg2 hardware support" But I still can not get TVS to work even when I compile the SVN of TV-S myself... I have seen other people moaning about this card.... Is this card supported? I like TVS and if need be I will buy another card. So...
Hi, I am asking this question as I believe that it is supported as it is a "Analog card with Mpeg2 hardware support" But I still...
Hi, I am asking this question as I believe that it is supported as it is a "Analog card with Mpeg2 hardware support" But I still...
Replies
Views
I'm using a PCMCIA Aston Mediaguard Dual. I configure in TV Serv to decrypt 2 channel. But on the links you gave it's said that it had to be done on the CAM itself, mi CI menu doesn't allow me to dos this, there is no suche option. How to do it using MyTheatre ?
I'm using a PCMCIA Aston Mediaguard Dual. I configure in TV Serv to decrypt 2 channel. But on the links you gave it's said that it...
Hello everyone, I would like to watch digital tv. Right now i use a Hauppage PVR-500 and TV Server. I would like to keep the...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to enable the tv/video overlay from default? so that after when i start mediaportal and when i'm watching tv/videos when i go to the menu i still see the movie on the background? Now i have to click the butten in the top of the menu screen but thats a hassle. Thanks in advance
Is it possible to enable the tv/video overlay from default? so that after when i start mediaportal and when i'm watching tv/videos...
Is it possible to enable the tv/video overlay from default? so that after when i start mediaportal and when i'm watching tv/videos...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP & Vista DE
Congratulations! My experience after running Vista RTM on 5 laptops (3 Dell and 2 HP) and various desktops is that 1GB of RAM is minimum while XP runs quite OK with only 512MB of RAM. CPU scaling on laptops and desktops doesn't work yet, it always full speed.
Congratulations! My experience after running Vista RTM on 5 laptops (3 Dell and 2 HP) and various desktops is that 1GB of RAM is...
How's MP performing under Vista? Is it worth while switching to Vista?
Replies
Views
ah, OK, because it wasn't mentioned in the changelog, I thought it wasn't included yet.
ah, OK, because it wasn't mentioned in the changelog, I thought it wasn't included yet.
Hi Guys, One quick question (I have read the Wiki guides but want to be clear). Do you have to have Mediaportal open in order...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 xmltv.dtd DE
Same problem here - help...
Same problem here - help...
New version of tv server needs file xmltv.dtd I use TVxb and it doesn't make such file (TVguide.XML was enough always) What...
Replies
Views
ah okies
ah okies
With the removal of the webinterface is the current tvserver of any use? IE can it be used without the webinterface? and if so how...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Vista compatible DE
How do you get the SVN to install? I've turned off UAC and "run as Administrator" I've set compatability to run as XP SP2 but the SVN install always stops after the Start.bat runs with the Vista "Calculating time remaining" screen telling me it's copying 317 items.... Help? Thanks Greg
How do you get the SVN to install? I've turned off UAC and "run as Administrator" I've set compatability to run as XP SP2 but...
Hi, I suspect this question has been asked loads of times and i have tried to find the answer within the forum before posting...
Replies
Views
I think, speaking for the whole team: :thx:
I think, speaking for the whole team: :thx:
I'm not sure where to write this message, but I feel it should be read by as many people as possible, if only to show the effect...
Replies
Views
Hauppauge IR blaster support needed here too I am also very keen to use my Hauppauge IR blaster with the TV Server. I wish to control my STB using it. Please let me know if this will be supported. I am happy to help wherever I can. I am not a programmer, but I have the hardware to test with.
Hauppauge IR blaster support needed here too I am also very keen to use my Hauppauge IR blaster with the TV Server. I wish to...
Is support for Hauppauge IR-blaster planned for TVE3? Blaster functionality is crucial to me to have a well working HTPC...
Replies
Views
Howzit Guys I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current set-up is as follows: I have 8 Satelite dishes which tapes 8 channels on to 16 LG 180GB DVD Recorders. While 8 dvd recorders is taping, i am cleaning up the other 8 with the previous days recordings on to DVD's...
Howzit Guys I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current set-up...
Howzit Guys I am currently residing in south africa, and wanted some help from experts on DVB-S Tv cards My current set-up...
Replies
Views
hi, it appears at least in some configuration that it could be of advantage to put mp in a definite standby mode. what I mean is e.g. programming a macro which stops current video or tv, returns to home screen and go into standby. Is there any way to do this (by a push of a button...)? In the moment, there are plenty of options...
hi, it appears at least in some configuration that it could be of advantage to put mp in a definite standby mode. what I mean is...
hi, it appears at least in some configuration that it could be of advantage to put mp in a definite standby mode. what I mean is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have noticed that there is a checkbox in MP configuration to allow VMR9 to play web stream video. I thought it would mean that if I play mms://... stream it would be played by VMR9. But it does not look like true. When I try to switch to "transparent" mode in MP while playing fullscreenmms stream, MP says that there is no...
Hi, I have noticed that there is a checkbox in MP configuration to allow VMR9 to play web stream video. I thought it would mean...
Hi, I have noticed that there is a checkbox in MP configuration to allow VMR9 to play web stream video. I thought it would mean...
Replies
Views
I am getting the same problem with my Compro-T750. Can't figure out exactly how to use the s-video input. I really would like to feed my cable STB thru the capture card. I assume that this feature would be a function of the TVEngine, I'm using TVE SVN 13694 RvR
I am getting the same problem with my Compro-T750. Can't figure out exactly how to use the s-video input. I really would like to...
Hi! I've installed the tv-server and followed exactly the advices for configuring hybrid cards. Now, I can see my avermedia dvt-t...
Replies
Views
I figured I'd post this here as well, because I feel like being nice! :) Forget hiding the mouse with transparent cursors or using 1 pixel cursors that seemingly have no effect on the logon screen anymore. After playing around with the rather limited tinyxp I was startled to see that the f'n cursor that plagued my previous...
I figured I'd post this here as well, because I feel like being nice! :) Forget hiding the mouse with transparent cursors or...
I figured I'd post this here as well, because I feel like being nice! :) Forget hiding the mouse with transparent cursors or...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My Videos Folders DE
Is there a way to sort episodes of shows into folder views similar to how it is done in MyRecordings? Right now, all the videos are just listed by date or by name, and it takes a while to scroll through them.
Is there a way to sort episodes of shows into folder views similar to how it is done in MyRecordings? Right now, all the videos...
Is there a way to sort episodes of shows into folder views similar to how it is done in MyRecordings? Right now, all the videos...
Replies
Views
In Configuration->Movies->Movies Database->Editor you can also see the info if you want.
In Configuration->Movies->Movies Database->Editor you can also see the info if you want.
I have over 300 movies on my hard drive, while the imdb info feature is nice, is there a way to get info for all of my movies at...
Replies
Views
I've just checked this on my system. I think it has something to do with user account control. On mine there is an option near the top that you can click to change to change the unavailable settings.
I've just checked this on my system. I think it has something to do with user account control. On mine there is an option near the...
Right, I'm using MediaPOrtal on a Vista machine and everything runs flawlessly - apart from one little thing. When I resume from...
Replies
Views
please anyone ?
please anyone ?
Hi, I have tried to install MedieaPortal, which worked fine. But after it has scanned for music, photos etc and successfully...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 tv after restart DE
I think it is not a solution MP should refresh information about tv server state automatically Adding any delay before starting program is wrong way I think
I think it is not a solution MP should refresh information about tv server state automatically Adding any delay before starting...
I have tv server and MP client on the same machine Always after restart client can't see tv server Closing client and starting...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom