MediaPortal 1 Talk (44 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hi, Thanks for the responses. I thought that since the MCE2005 remote works 'out-of-the-box' with Media Portal (at least that's what I understood...), that the Xbox360 one might do the same. Possibly a long-shot. Trying to avoid programming all the commands. Lazy, I know.
Hi, Thanks for the responses. I thought that since the MCE2005 remote works 'out-of-the-box' with Media Portal (at least that's...
Hi, I understand from other postings, that the Xbox 360 Universal Remote will work (at least partially) with Media Portal. My...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Encoding DE
Don't count on the built-in compress feature to work. Try the Transcoding plugin
Don't count on the built-in compress feature to work. Try the Transcoding plugin
How/Where do I change the encoder so that my shows are recorded in .mpg instead of .dvr-ms
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Record Path DE
Excellent, This helped out a lot. I have the Hauppauge WinTV PVR 500, and I did edit them both. Working great, and recording to my secondary hard drive :) Thanks!
Excellent, This helped out a lot. I have the Hauppauge WinTV PVR 500, and I did edit them both. Working great, and recording to my...
Where do I change the path that mediaportal puts recorded shows? I want to set the path to F:\Recordings
Replies
Views
That is on the second link, and is the only advantage, XP will boot slightly quicker.
That is on the second link, and is the only advantage, XP will boot slightly quicker.
Hi there, Does anyone have a list of the required windows services that are needed for MP to have full functionality, so that I...
Replies
Views
hi, I am using mp tv-server latest svn to record HDTV. Works fine. However, I can choose in the configuration dialogue that is has to be recorded as MPG, but it will always be end up with a TS file. Is it not possible to record as MPG in HD? Thanks!! b]MediaPortal Version[/b]: MP 0.2.2 original or with newest SVN MediaPortal...
hi, I am using mp tv-server latest svn to record HDTV. Works fine. However, I can choose in the configuration dialogue that is...
hi, I am using mp tv-server latest svn to record HDTV. Works fine. However, I can choose in the configuration dialogue that is...
Replies
Views
hi, i am using hdtv and mp tv server and it works like a charme. however, after about 15-20 min, the harddisk has to recalibrate or whatever it is doing (increased activity...) and the picture/sound is stuttering for a few minutes. Can anyone recommend 3,5" harddisks (preferred externals..) which will not have this problem? I am...
hi, i am using hdtv and mp tv server and it works like a charme. however, after about 15-20 min, the harddisk has to recalibrate or...
hi, i am using hdtv and mp tv server and it works like a charme. however, after about 15-20 min, the harddisk has to recalibrate or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been having this issue for some time now, and it is not really preventing me from enjoying MP but is more a nuisance. When I'm playing DVD or ripped DVD from HD, the audio volume will overtime fade out to very quiet. When I just Rewind or forward 5 sec jump the volume is back to normal for a while. Has anybody had...
Hi, I've been having this issue for some time now, and it is not really preventing me from enjoying MP but is more a nuisance...
Hi, I've been having this issue for some time now, and it is not really preventing me from enjoying MP but is more a nuisance...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm Using todays last SVN build of TvServer .3 with todays MP+Tv Pluging If I try to change the Audio Stream on a cliente Network I always get the same stream (the First one) so no audio stream is change. But if I run the Mp+ Tv Pluging on the same computer that TVServer is running I can change the audio stream without...
Hi I'm Using todays last SVN build of TvServer .3 with todays MP+Tv Pluging If I try to change the Audio Stream on a cliente...
Hi I'm Using todays last SVN build of TvServer .3 with todays MP+Tv Pluging If I try to change the Audio Stream on a cliente...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Directv DE
Hey I'm new to mediaportal and I'm trying to get a good idea on what hardware I need to allow my mp box to change the channels on my Direct TV STB via the USB port. What setups people using to accomplish this? This is actually one of my main reason for switching from mythtv to mp. So I hope I can make it work.:)
Hey I'm new to mediaportal and I'm trying to get a good idea on what hardware I need to allow my mp box to change the channels on...
I have not even begun but am considering building myself a pretty basic pvr using my existing computer. I was just wondering if...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Codec DE
Well you have a choice, install the ones that come with MP if using as a frontend, or purchased ones such as PowerDVD, Intervideo's WinDVD and Nvidia Purevideo which seem to be the most popular. People get a variety of results from different codecs outputting to different types of TV's\monitors, so the only way of telling, is...
Well you have a choice, install the ones that come with MP if using as a frontend, or purchased ones such as PowerDVD...
What codec do I need to install on other PC's to be able to watch the MPG recorded under media portal?
Replies
Views
thanks for the feedback:) There is might be something wrong with my setup... There are just standard FTA channels. No HDTV and the card is a digital card. I tried that now. CPU is still high, maybe i bit lower. I dont think it is the hardware either. I previously used it as a MythTV backendserver. There it had a CPU usage...
thanks for the feedback:) There is might be something wrong with my setup... There are just standard FTA channels. No HDTV...
Hi, just installed tve3 on dedicated server and it seems to be working (almost)great. My setup is a dedicated server: 2.0...
Replies
Views
For a start use the Hauppauge remote, its a supported item.:D Mediaportal has never really like being resized whilst anything playing, so do it in the homescreen. MP will allow you to watch one channel and record another with it's own built in TV engine (known as TVE2). TVE3 will allow you to record multiple channels on the...
For a start use the Hauppauge remote, its a supported item.:D Mediaportal has never really like being resized whilst anything...
Hi there I'm new to MP, coming from rubbish such as Hauppage WinTV and PowerVideo! Loaded latest MP - everything fine until I...
Replies
Views
I don't use ac3 myself but it could be the filter that's causing the problem. Try removing the filter and demux a recorded movie on tv2. You can do this by using the Project X demux tool. Here is what I get out of the ts-stream (from my log report in Project X): summary of created media files: Video (m2v): Kongen af...
I don't use ac3 myself but it could be the filter that's causing the problem. Try removing the filter and demux a recorded movie on...
In Denmark we have 2 DVB-T channels named TV2, one with AC3 sound and one with stereo sound and they are in the same mux. The...
Replies
Views
I second that.
I second that.
My internet provider supplies a modem called Freebox. It permits to get a lot of channels over the LAN with a RSTP server (video...
Replies
Views
I am trying to setup a system with the M-Play Blast, but I am having a lot of problems. Did you succed in making the remote to function with Mediaportal?
I am trying to setup a system with the M-Play Blast, but I am having a lot of problems. Did you succed in making the remote to...
Hey there, Has anyone finished a project with 'VL System M-Play Blast' remote control or is anyone going to do the implementation...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Need honest opinion DE
Right i see... I think i will wait till TVengine3 is stable, as i am wanting to setup all TV tuners in central server to do all streaming and recording. That way, i won't have to worry about putting my clients in standby or sleep mode every night, which doesn't always work. Save a little electricity too :-) Thank you
Right i see... I think i will wait till TVengine3 is stable, as i am wanting to setup all TV tuners in central server to do all...
Hi everyone, Recently, i decided to take the plunge and try out Media Portal one more time, in an effort to ditch MCE. This is my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recording DE
If setting a recording useing the EPG prior to the recording, a single file should be produced. Seperate files are only produced if you use the record now function. Does that help answer your question, or was there something more specific you wanted to know.
If setting a recording useing the EPG prior to the recording, a single file should be produced. Seperate files are only produced...
When I record a show, do I always need to do the compress to get a single recorded file of the show?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WinTV PVR 500 DE
Looks like I had two channel 15's and two channel 21's for some reason. I removed one of each.. workin good now.
Looks like I had two channel 15's and two channel 21's for some reason. I removed one of each.. workin good now.
I'm using MediaPortal with a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 500, when I am recording something, then switch the channel MediaPortal says no...
Replies
Views
OK, I got the guide information to up date (from the config. window) but the guide information it appears is not in the correct place. when I right click in the guide window within MP and select up date the TV guide it says it can't find the XMLTV file. Where should the file be? also will I manually have to do this each time?
OK, I got the guide information to up date (from the config. window) but the guide information it appears is not in the correct...
Is MP designed for US TV? Where did the 14:9 aspect come from, every thing here is 4:3 or 16:9? How do I get 16:9 with MP? Also I...
Replies
Views
Anyone?
Anyone?
Has anyone here used Media Portal along with the Hauppauge MVP or wMVP (wireless) devices?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CD/DVD autostart DE
Evening , ive fresh installed XP and MP and disabled cd autostart in windows with TweakUIXP , also modified the registry as suggested in http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/UserGuides but autorun cd/dvd didnt work (didnt remeber what i did in previous windows/MP config. CD/DVD speed in MP config is also disabled. Anyone has a...
Evening , ive fresh installed XP and MP and disabled cd autostart in windows with TweakUIXP , also modified the registry as...
Evening , ive fresh installed XP and MP and disabled cd autostart in windows with TweakUIXP , also modified the registry as...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have a couple of questions about the TVE3 and mediaportal SVN. I had an old installation of the TV-engine and mediaportal which worked rather well for a while. I noticed I had some problems with my Fire/DTV which loses the ability to unscramble channels after a while. I tried to install the latest versions of the...
Hi! I have a couple of questions about the TVE3 and mediaportal SVN. I had an old installation of the TV-engine and...
Hi! I have a couple of questions about the TVE3 and mediaportal SVN. I had an old installation of the TV-engine and...
Replies
Views
Hi, sure, the following directory struct works for me: ...\A\Armaggeddon\folder.jpg ...\A\Armaggeddon\AUDIO_TS\... ...\A\Armaggeddon\VIDEO_TS\... I can see the cover of the video while navigating to this folder. Hitting Ok on the folder starts the video. Regards Harald
Hi, sure, the following directory struct works for me: ...\A\Armaggeddon\folder.jpg ...\A\Armaggeddon\AUDIO_TS\...
Is there a way to do this in My Videos? I have a bunch of ripped dvd's on my server and for my GF selecting one of the files is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 -64 bit DE
OMG! My Biostar M7NCD+AMD +3200 died about three weeks ago so I had to buy a new mainboard/processor. MP RC4 was running like a dream before but after the system rebuild I could'nt even start MP at all! Uninstalled MP RC4, installed RC2 with same results! GRRRRRR! See my signature for current system setup. At any rate I'm going...
OMG! My Biostar M7NCD+AMD +3200 died about three weeks ago so I had to buy a new mainboard/processor. MP RC4 was running like a...
Hi there! Anybody running -64 bit and have a supported tuner to recommend? NickNero
Replies
Views
Not sure if this applies to all Country's, but think within your own house and for personal use, this is accepted by broadcasters. This goes back to the introduction of being able to record TV using video recorders (all Technically by law illegal in itself), but thankfully has been widely accepted that for personal use it's fine...
Not sure if this applies to all Country's, but think within your own house and for personal use, this is accepted by broadcasters...
Yesterday I installed the TV Server. Apparently flawlessy. Today I'm wondering about how to use it at its best. And a question...
Replies
Views
Well, you are right. I am merely maximizing the window. So our systems aren't that different after all. However, i'd still be able to do that in an automated fashion if possible.
Well, you are right. I am merely maximizing the window. So our systems aren't that different after all. However, i'd still be able...
Hi, I want media portal to start in Full scren Mode on my Secondary screen by default. On windows Media center I can just drag it...
Replies
Views
...forgot to mention: like with most of the pre-built, store-bought pc´s there´s quite a lot of bloatware on it(norton, a bunch of dvd stuff test versions etc.) but like Spraglenakas said, it really looks cool :D
...forgot to mention: like with most of the pre-built, store-bought pc´s there´s quite a lot of bloatware on it(norton, a bunch of...
Hi, Is anyone using one of these with Media Portal? If so, what are your experiences? Any problems? Thanks.
Replies
Views
i´d like to do this too, got the problem when i´m putting the computer in standby and turn it back on, the tv screen stays black until i manually toggle "tv off/on"(wouldn´t be that big of a deal for myself...but for other family members :)) .
i´d like to do this too, got the problem when i´m putting the computer in standby and turn it back on, the tv screen stays black...
hi, is there any option to toggle the TV live mode on/off by a shortcut? Using latest mp svn and tv server beta, it is a little...
Replies
Views
Hi all, need a little help: I've bought a M2NPV-VM cause of the articles in CT.. are very well. But in configuring the grafic card I've big porblems. Here my oppinion: I have a HTPC connectet to composite Video, and an beamer connectet by HDMI-cable. I want to see a cloned picture. First of all: It is horible to find...
Hi all, need a little help: I've bought a M2NPV-VM cause of the articles in CT.. are very well. But in configuring the...
Hi all, need a little help: I've bought a M2NPV-VM cause of the articles in CT.. are very well. But in configuring the...
Replies
Views
BBC HD is indeed h.264.
BBC HD is indeed h.264.
First off...apologies for cross posting, although it occured to me this might be in the wrong forum; or more someone from this may...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom