MediaPortal 1 Talk (69 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Thanks est68. I also found out I could stop it from MediaPortal/My Tv.
Thanks est68. I also found out I could stop it from MediaPortal/My Tv.
is there a way to stop recording or timeshifting started by remote client ? my notebook crashed and I can't stop initiated...
Replies
Views
I remember when i used to the beta to joost....it wasn't particuarly good....has it got better now then? Might be different as I am in the UK and therefore don't have access to some of the channels. Whats the current latest version?
I remember when i used to the beta to joost....it wasn't particuarly good....has it got better now then? Might be different as I...
Hello yall, Joost is an interactive IP-based TV software system from the people who brought you Kazaa and Skype. It's like...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Improve Performance DE
more RAM for a start. 512mb is a bare minimum these days
more RAM for a start. 512mb is a bare minimum these days
I have 384 MBs of RAM and 2 IDE HDDs on Separate buses. Is there any way to Improve the Performance of MediaPortal while...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 7.1 channel ? DE
Hi does the media portal able to play movies that are 7.1 channel , Currently my pc is equipt with HDMI output with a 7,1 channel sound card inplace.
Hi does the media portal able to play movies that are 7.1 channel , Currently my pc is equipt with HDMI output with a 7,1 channel...
Hi does the media portal able to play movies that are 7.1 channel , Currently my pc is equipt with HDMI output with a 7,1 channel...
Replies
Views
It sounds like you have a CODEC problem, possibly try ffdshow or xvid. that video should start on the intro screen and then show a desktop, it should change as I'm sure you guessed. Those videos are quite good and although I tried to help you directly previously I would still recommend you get those videos working, they need a divx...
It sounds like you have a CODEC problem, possibly try ffdshow or xvid. that video should start on the intro screen and then show a...
OK, I have searched high and low and Im sorry, but the instructions have left me quite lost. I have MediaPortal installed on my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Total Solution? DE
But if the don’t want to it will be.
But if the don’t want to it will be.
I’m looking for a simple solution to watch TV/video and listen to music every ware in my house or wireless in the garden. Thee is...
Replies
Views
Google "TVersity"
Google "TVersity"
I was lookin for a free route in order to get my pc and 360 streaming videos but will this program work....Im New and just found...
Replies
Views
Ah right, I thought I'd read elsewhere on here that it did use the registry. Off to a Hauppauge board I go then. Cheers :)
Ah right, I thought I'd read elsewhere on here that it did use the registry. Off to a Hauppauge board I go then. Cheers :)
Hello, first of all thanks for the great software. I was new to TV cards until now and after a period of being a bit baffled with...
Replies
Views
Any idea when this bug is going to be fixed? When Mediaportal opens I cannot move the cursor until I press stop on the remote control. I then can move the selector bar up and down. I have enabled full-screen and always on top modes. Also I would like Media Portal to be displayed on a secondary display, full screen. I have a 28" TV...
Any idea when this bug is going to be fixed? When Mediaportal opens I cannot move the cursor until I press stop on the remote...
Any idea when this bug is going to be fixed? When Mediaportal opens I cannot move the cursor until I press stop on the remote...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your suggestion, but it doesn't seem to help. I've attached a log if that can help... I'm using rev. 14587 of both client and server and running XP with all updates, newest DirectX and recent drivers for all devices.
Thanks for your suggestion, but it doesn't seem to help. I've attached a log if that can help... I'm using rev. 14587 of both...
Can someone tell me the meaning of the different settings? I've taken a look in the wiki, but it seems a bit out-dated. What is...
Replies
Views
in the log folder inside Mediaportal \Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\logs
in the log folder inside Mediaportal \Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\logs
My portal suddenly stopped showing video and I thought I should increase the log level as done in the config. But now I just can't...
Replies
Views
avoid this one as it is not 100% compatible and doesnt seem to work on mediaportal with xp 64 bit or vista
avoid this one as it is not 100% compatible and doesnt seem to work on mediaportal with xp 64 bit or vista
Hi, Looking to make the right choice for a USB DVB-T reciever & using Mediaportal. The WinFast DTV Dongle had good comments...
Replies
Views
I remember lots of posts originally when meedio went down from the plugin authors saying that the messaging system db and core inside media portal just wasn't up to scratch and needed a complete redesign. This is why alot of cool meedio plugins never migrated to media portal and meedios was born. So it would be great to see this...
I remember lots of posts originally when meedio went down from the plugin authors saying that the messaging system db and core...
Any more news on the proposed merger, as i just popped into look at the meedios website to have a look around and noticed a link to...
Replies
Views
What do I need to do to make a sufficient SVN-update? I actually feel rather stupid asking this – I might just be that case! – but I can’t figure out ‘how important’ it is to update the TVserver? (compared to the client!) Updating the client is nice and easy, but (hopefully) the –nice– developers make changes to the server-part...
What do I need to do to make a sufficient SVN-update? I actually feel rather stupid asking this – I might just be that case! –...
What do I need to do to make a sufficient SVN-update? I actually feel rather stupid asking this – I might just be that case! –...
Replies
Views
the i-net is full of such "wise" ppl ;) if you see something like that on e-bay, report him @ ebay. in many cases you will see that entry (and that guy) removed within a few days. :thx:
the i-net is full of such "wise" ppl ;) if you see something like that on e-bay, report him @ ebay. in many cases you will see...
I was looking through ebay today and stumbled upon this product which looks remarkably similar to media portal, which I was sure...
Replies
Views
-- update -- Have been able to get it working almost as before. I was not able to get logs working and reinstalled again - but again same strange thing with previous settings appeared. The ordinary MediaPlayer.exe did not work but I tried AppStart.exe and finaly MediaPortal started again. This time without my defined video...
-- update -- Have been able to get it working almost as before. I was not able to get logs working and reinstalled again - but...
Hi all, Have enjoyed MP for some weeks now and also updated with later snapshots that fixed some of my early problems with...
Replies
Views
HDTV has been discussed lots, this is a good thread hardware wise. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/system_requirements_hdtv_mediaportal-t8782.html?t=8782 Any output to a different resolution from the file will entail major Graphics\cpu use remember.
HDTV has been discussed lots, this is a good thread hardware wise...
Hi . I have Mediaportal and Tv server V3 installed . When i watch TV i choose under videocodecs Powerdvd Video/SP BD-HD...
Replies
Views
Hi I´ve tested this with TVE3 in Server PC 1- Watch a channel during 30 seconds 2- Select another channel 3- I watch the 30 seconds of before channel 4- After 30 seconds then MP change to channel selected This issue is in the beginning start MP, after all seem normal Thanks
Hi I´ve tested this with TVE3 in Server PC 1- Watch a channel during 30 seconds 2- Select another channel 3- I watch the 30...
I have this issue and saw it was added to mantis and closed as by design. Basically, what happens is that when you are...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Database syncing? DE
TVE3 does not support my TV cards, so I'm working on a temporary solution. Basically I have two HTPCs each running the latest SVN version of TVE2. They both have a dual TV card. I want to always be able to watch a different show on each HTPC and record a different show (on different channel) on each at the same time. So over night I...
TVE3 does not support my TV cards, so I'm working on a temporary solution. Basically I have two HTPCs each running the latest SVN...
TVE3 does not support my TV cards, so I'm working on a temporary solution. Basically I have two HTPCs each running the latest SVN...
Replies
Views
Hi, BIG compliment to the MP developers: some time ago in the Improvement Suggestions part of the forum I mentioned a minor issue (manual scheduling of multiple episodes was cumbersome). I did not use the official improvement suggestion format and I did not get an official response. Therefore I thought that maybe this issue was...
Hi, BIG compliment to the MP developers: some time ago in the Improvement Suggestions part of the forum I mentioned a minor...
Hi, BIG compliment to the MP developers: some time ago in the Improvement Suggestions part of the forum I mentioned a minor...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RDP general DE
By reading the earlier posts/links on this thread.
By reading the earlier posts/links on this thread.
Hi. Could you make the product more "friendlier" to Remote Desktop/RDP please? Everytime connecting to a MediaPortal/TV-Server...
Replies
Views
The simple way to check for the existing TV engine is to open the capturecarddefinitions and look for an entry for that card. I had a quick look now and couldn't find it though. If you use the TV engine 3 then it will auto detect any tv card that Windows can see (ie, with BDA drivers). If you want a cheap card, the compro t300...
The simple way to check for the existing TV engine is to open the capturecarddefinitions and look for an entry for that card. I...
Hello, I use MediaPortal, it is very good application and still better. :) I´ve got Hauppauge HVR-1300 and Core2Duo. I cant use...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Hide Drvies? DE
The only way I know how to hide drives in "my computer" and "explorer" is through the registry. Go to: http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/148/ for the how to.
The only way I know how to hide drives in "my computer" and "explorer" is through the registry. Go to...
Is there any way to hide my cd-rom drive and other removable media from a certain section (i.e. My Videos). I know I can default a...
Replies
Views
Using this drive in a RAID array will work. Hitatchi would just rather sell you an almost identical drive for a premium that has been "optimised for RAID performance" or some other marketing rubish.
Using this drive in a RAID array will work. Hitatchi would just rather sell you an almost identical drive for a premium that has...
I don't have many words for this so check the link...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Software AV Cards DE
If I go to the Mediaportal configuration, it is available to add there. However, it does not appear in the TV Server configuration and I can't see any mention of it in the logs.
If I go to the Mediaportal configuration, it is available to add there. However, it does not appear in the TV Server...
Does TVengine support software AV capture cards, eg. the WinFast VC100 ? I have my dual DVB-T TV cards working well in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP and DX10? DE
For the hardware accelaration of the 8500/8600 series to work I read Powerdvd or windvd 8 is needed. Will the 'purevideo HD' also work in Mediaportal some time from now?
For the hardware accelaration of the 8500/8600 series to work I read Powerdvd or windvd 8 is needed. Will the 'purevideo HD' also...
I'm thinking of upgradeing my video card to one the supports HDMI. Should I wait for one that supports DX10? Or get one thats...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Import channels DE
Is there some way to import channels from the TVE2 or some other program? I'm getting crazy about the tuning-bug in the newest releases.....
Is there some way to import channels from the TVE2 or some other program? I'm getting crazy about the tuning-bug in the newest...
Is there some way to import channels from the TVE2 or some other program? I'm getting crazy about the tuning-bug in the newest...
Replies
Views
Hey there Maschine, we're all waiting eagerly to hear if there is any news of a release by you and Sam any time soon for TV engine 3. Your web interface for TV e2 was great and has worked so well for such a long time. I travel a LOT and it's saved me missing out on heaps of great shows and also let me check on things while I'm...
Hey there Maschine, we're all waiting eagerly to hear if there is any news of a release by you and Sam any time soon for TV engine...
i get an restricted access when trying to load webinterface honepage. Could someone give me the download link ? thanks, sand
Replies
Views
PUSH!
PUSH!
is it possible to use the TT-3200 remote with media portal, if yes can u explain or give me a link ? :) thanx crackie
Replies
Views
phunqe: Well my MP does support IMDB searches based upon directory structure..
phunqe: Well my MP does support IMDB searches based upon directory structure..
I'm looking to replace the xbox/xbmc on my HDTV so I can playback H264. It seems most people are jumping to MediaPortal so I want...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom