MediaPortal 1 Talk (52 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hello All, I have been messing around with Media Portal after taking some time off because I am about ready to kill BeyondTV. I have to say the improvements made in 6 months are HUGE!!! Back on topic the problem I am having is that I need to be able to select the appropriate tuner to record a show (I currently have the PVR500...
Hello All, I have been messing around with Media Portal after taking some time off because I am about ready to kill BeyondTV. I...
Hello All, I have been messing around with Media Portal after taking some time off because I am about ready to kill BeyondTV. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Auto Compress? DE
I've enabled the feature to automatically compress (convert) my recordings to mpeg, and set it to one hour. I know this hour is supposed to be for how long media portal is idle. My recordings don't seem to be converted after an hour of being idle, but rather seem to start when I click the status button. Does anyone know what might...
I've enabled the feature to automatically compress (convert) my recordings to mpeg, and set it to one hour. I know this hour is...
I've enabled the feature to automatically compress (convert) my recordings to mpeg, and set it to one hour. I know this hour is...
Replies
Views
This is a "known issue" - you must always stop TV before going to or from windowed mode.
This is a "known issue" - you must always stop TV before going to or from windowed mode.
Hey, This will be my first post in the forum and first i want to compliment the staff for a good product. You turned me over...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the feedback :) Just to let you know - i did browse the user manual and i did watch the videos for setting up the tv server - both before posting. I think my problem is i read some posts that were probably outdated and written by people having problems. Anyways i get your point about reading the published material first...
Thanks for the feedback :) Just to let you know - i did browse the user manual and i did watch the videos for setting up the tv...
I was hoping you guys could help me decide what setup to install. I have a PC in the livingroom right beneath the TV. It has a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Reaver returns... DE
We never spoke, heck I didn't actually sign on to the forums for some time after I started watching this app, but I do recall seeing you on the forums. Good to hear you're back in action. I really think MediaPortal has hit critical mass and can only go thermonuclear from here on. (If that's not the corniest statement anyone has...
We never spoke, heck I didn't actually sign on to the forums for some time after I started watching this app, but I do recall...
Hey everyone! My name is Reaver. Some of the old timers that hang around on the forums may remember me from a long time ago...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Autoplay a DVD DE
MyVideos should have a "Play DVD" button. Try that. :-)
MyVideos should have a "Play DVD" button. Try that. :-)
This might sound like an odd request, but is there any way to get mediaportal to autoplay the dvd in the drive when the application...
Replies
Views
Thank you. I can live with this. So much great effort is put into the development and so much goodies are in the SVN builds and using your script I'm more than satisfied.
Thank you. I can live with this. So much great effort is put into the development and so much goodies are in the SVN builds and...
When installing MP you get the option to install two decoders MPV and Dscaler. My question is; If I choose not to install the...
Replies
Views
you had already chosen to leave when i gave a "smartass" comment, so your second reason is invalid.
you had already chosen to leave when i gave a "smartass" comment, so your second reason is invalid.
How can I add my city to the US list? I live in New Albany, Indiana 47150 Thanks, any positive feed back would be nice.
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, I have 2 of these cards and they are second to non, I was browsing a certain auction site and found these for a third of the rrp!! Check them out. A real bargain if you ask me!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150081802359&rd=1&rd=1 Ive bought...
Hey Everyone, I have 2 of these cards and they are second to non, I was browsing a certain auction site and found these for a...
Hey Everyone, I have 2 of these cards and they are second to non, I was browsing a certain auction site and found these for a...
Replies
Views
OK. So I think I am about to take the leap and build a TV server. But I had a couple of questions. First I live in canada, thats important from a satellite point of view, so keep that in mind if your going to anser...lol I am trying to undertand what is the best approach for using th eTV server software. I was thinking of buying...
OK. So I think I am about to take the leap and build a TV server. But I had a couple of questions. First I live in canada, thats...
OK. So I think I am about to take the leap and build a TV server. But I had a couple of questions. First I live in canada, thats...
Replies
Views
Hi thanks for the suggestion. But to the second question: "Remap it so it doesn't close MP but hibernate the computer instead, is that also possible" ? I want to use my power on/of button on my Hauppauge remote to hibernate the computer. As it is now pressing this button only closes MP. How can I achive this? Thanks Steen
Hi thanks for the suggestion. But to the second question: "Remap it so it doesn't close MP but hibernate the computer instead...
Is it possible to disable/hide the close MP button or remap it to not close MP but hybernate the PC? I have a HTPC and is only...
Replies
Views
They are here https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Skins/ do a sort on submit date and you will get the newest on top. Check the skin version number to see if it's for your version of MP. I know that at least BlackMyst 0.2.2.0 v2, MPsp 1.6 and Dragon are working fine on MP version 0.2.2.0 since I am running them...
They are here https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Skins/ do a sort on submit date and you will get the newest on top...
Can anyone tell me where I can find the skins available for the newest version of MediaPortal? I downloaded skins at some...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a silverstone lc16M and I'd like to use the remote of silverstone with MP. I install the hardware driver usb of silverstone and I don't install imon because I'd like to use only MP. Which config did you find? Can you tell me what to do to use the silverstone remote? Thanks very much Marco
Hi, I have a silverstone lc16M and I'd like to use the remote of silverstone with MP. I install the hardware driver usb of...
Is it possible to use the imon pad remote in media portal? If so, how do I set it up? Is there a plugin? Thanks in advance.
Replies
Views
Aberdino: THANK YOU! You saved my week, and more :) This fixed all my problems, then i just have to say im sorry for believing MP was to blame. :)
Aberdino: THANK YOU! You saved my week, and more :) This fixed all my problems, then i just have to say im sorry for believing MP...
So as topic say, i get a very bad picture quality when using a ati x1xxx generation card, this i have mentioned in hmm well since i...
Replies
Views
Put it this way, it ain't going to break anything. I'm on my 3rd Dual DVB-T pc and it works fine with the fix, even running TVE3.
Put it this way, it ain't going to break anything. I'm on my 3rd Dual DVB-T pc and it works fine with the fix, even running TVE3.
Hi, Just a very quick question before I mess up my system. I know that with the "standard" MediaPortal, if you wish to use...
Replies
Views
Check this thread out, you can have multiple installs of MP on the same machine and easily switch between them: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=14787
Check this thread out, you can have multiple installs of MP on the same machine and easily switch between them...
Hi, I've got my TVEngine3 running pretty well. But I have a very stable MP running on the same machine. I've been testing TVEngine3...
Replies
Views
Nope. not possible. If you search about, there should be other threads on this subject too. in fact, see here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=14516
Nope. not possible. If you search about, there should be other threads on this subject too. in fact, see here...
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run more than one DVB-s card with a single CI and CAM? Assuming that this issue is...
Replies
Views
onkl - Thanks for that link, I'll give it a try.
onkl - Thanks for that link, I'll give it a try.
Hi there, I've been using Meedio since the beginning and am starting the process of switching over. However, I'm stuck on one...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Streaming video?? DE
Do you know that you can watch streaming video fra MyRadio? I'm not sure that it is what you are looking for, but you can try it. If not, I think there's some development going on including IPtv - but I'm not sure. I hope this was helpfull. MadsRH
Do you know that you can watch streaming video fra MyRadio? I'm not sure that it is what you are looking for, but you can try it...
Has anyone been able to use and display streaming video on the MP players? Is there a plug-in for streaming video? I was...
Replies
Views
no it doesn't matter how you get the epg for channel VH1P you should have a file called VH1P.png in the \team mediaportal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\TV\Logos folder make sure the EPG definetely calls it VH1P though, the file name must be exactly the same as the channel name
no it doesn't matter how you get the epg for channel VH1P you should have a file called VH1P.png in the \team...
I downloaded some logos for swedish chanels, in which directory do I put them? And how do I bind them to the right chanels?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New to TMP DE
yes (see question 2) yes, although still in beta to a certain extent, yes if your card is on the supported list, then yes
yes (see question 2) yes, although still in beta to a certain extent, yes if your card is on the supported list, then yes
Hello, Just signed up to ask about a frontend/backend setup. 1 Does MediaPortal support such a setup? 2 Is it the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP and thin client DE
This was brought up the other day in another thread. You wont be able to run a full MP frontend as they use Windows CE .NET 4.2 as an OS rather than Windows XP. However, there is no reason why a cut down version of the frontend client couldn't be used, or even just a raw RTSP player. As long as it has enough power to display...
This was brought up the other day in another thread. You wont be able to run a full MP frontend as they use Windows CE .NET 4.2...
Today I sumbled upon this: http://www.jadeintegration.com/jackpc.php As the new server/client architecture of MP (now only...
Replies
Views
I believe that going from windowed to full screen or vice-versa while the TV is 'on' is known to cause hangs. Mike.
I believe that going from windowed to full screen or vice-versa while the TV is 'on' is known to cause hangs. Mike.
Fist off I do appreciate the efforts of the TMP team, its great to have something like TMP for free download. However I had to...
Replies
Views
I am trying to use the same setup. The problem is likely that you have your remote defined within MP to use X10 (and it works that way pretty well). Instead of using BM Basic to manage your Firefly, try LM Remote Keymap. You have to download the driver for the Firefly (available on the site below) as well as the LM Remote Keymap...
I am trying to use the same setup. The problem is likely that you have your remote defined within MP to use X10 (and it works that...
Hi everybody! As the title says, I'm interested in using MediaPortal as a front-end for BeyondTV. I love the plug-in architecture...
Replies
Views
So MPtray is the app to get!! Cool, will do.
So MPtray is the app to get!! Cool, will do.
I have read a little (not much) and there seems to be a way to get MP to start up with ONE BUTTON press of my MCE remote. But it...
Replies
Views
Have a look at this thread for all info on xp home, and mce remote\keyboard install. Just download the drivers, from the link in first post. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4589&highlight=remote+home
Have a look at this thread for all info on xp home, and mce remote\keyboard install. Just download the drivers, from the link in...
as it says , bought microsoft remote and receiver ,plugged it in but does not download driver ,where can i find the driver to use...
Replies
Views
I like the tv with b2 on and mediaportal in the foot (bottom left one), but it looses when the icon size is smaller. Also felt that the new logos were too gray. But so far nobody mentioned the logo change, so is this a good or a bad sign? tomtom
I like the tv with b2 on and mediaportal in the foot (bottom left one), but it looses when the icon size is smaller. Also felt that...
Hi everybody! I've made some icons (Vista ready 256x256 px) that I would like to see applied in MediaPortal. See them here! I was...
Replies
Views
Hey fcsobel, Thats great :) I'm thinking (hoping) much of the data can be throw away. Post if you need any extra info.
Hey fcsobel, Thats great :) I'm thinking (hoping) much of the data can be throw away. Post if you need any extra info.
Help required! Ok to try an improve the TV/Radio setup I have been looking at ways to setup a channel information database. I...
Replies
Views
Yes the MCE remote has USB connectable blasters. I know that, but there is something else needed if I put the computer in the other room. This IS NOT a dedicated media box device for me. Rather it is a multi-use box that can be quickly converted from generic PC, to generic media box. So I would need an IR relay or echo...
Yes the MCE remote has USB connectable blasters. I know that, but there is something else needed if I put the computer in the...
Okay I have a choice: 1) Apple TV for $300 --- includes remote, play media, etc. Minimal setup 2) Media Portal for $0 ---...
Replies
Views
mzemina suggested I post this to the forums. I received an email from an editor for the Italian computer magazine "Computer Idea" about an upcomming article they are doing on MP. I think this is their website: http://www.computer-idea.it/
mzemina suggested I post this to the forums. I received an email from an editor for the Italian computer magazine "Computer...
mzemina suggested I post this to the forums. I received an email from an editor for the Italian computer magazine "Computer...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom