Chanel logos, where do I put them? (1 Viewer)

Salle

Portal Member
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I downloaded some logos for swedish chanels, in which directory do I put them? And how do I bind them to the right chanels?

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
put them in /mediaportal/thumbs/tv/logos/

as long as the logo filenames match the channel names in the EPG then they will show automatically.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Put them in "installation path"\team mediaportal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\TV\Logos

Regards
    Roy

pengee

December 24, 2006
    I figured I would just post here rather than start a new thread.

I'm not sure how to format this question correctly.

I am new to MP and have everything working correctly. I want to add channel logos but so far nothing has worked. I have them named the same as the channel names and in two formats jpg / png. For instance VH1 is named VH1P on my guide. I have named a logo VH1 and VH1P both in jpg and png. So far nothing has worked for me.

My question I guess is if it would matter how I get epg information? I am using the zap2it plug in to pull US channel listings.

Or is there something else that I don't know about?

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    no it doesn't matter how you get the epg

for channel VH1P you should have a file called VH1P.png in the \team mediaportal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\TV\Logos folder

make sure the EPG definetely calls it VH1P though, the file name must be exactly the same as the channel name

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using the legacy SD-DD (XML) from Schedules Direct. My SD plugin version is 1.30.1 I'm hesitant to update fully to 1.32 x64 final
    Sorry, this is all I can add. I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using...
    Win 7 64bit USA Downloaded MP2 last night. There was no plugin for SD (Schedule Direct) EPG Buddy was no help. I downloaded...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom