MediaPortal 1 Talk (49 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
One thing I would highly suggest is to make sure to get a Vid card with HDCP. Most Nvidia 7950 cards have it as well as certain lower end cards. If you end up adding HD-DVD or Blue-ray down the road you will want this feature and wish you got a card that supports it. Your TV needs to support it to though, but if you are getting a new...
One thing I would highly suggest is to make sure to get a Vid card with HDCP. Most Nvidia 7950 cards have it as well as certain...
well I am new kinda and im selling my current system which has a celeron 2.4 I think AMD will be the way to go but need input from...
Replies
Views
I have everything working now except now the blaster to control my stb. any thoughts on this. Thanx
I have everything working now except now the blaster to control my stb. any thoughts on this. Thanx
So I have a MCE remote, but the link is down for the driver in the plugins section. Anyone know where i can find it?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Nova-T 500 Dual DE
Mine runs on 0.2.2.0 with svn, using TVE2 and 1-2 second delay (timeshifting enabled). With a new card, would recommend a complete reinstall, as there could be database conflicts, relating to the TV side of MP. Backup your old configuration, ie complete MediaPortal folder if not already done when installing svn. uninstall MP...
Mine runs on 0.2.2.0 with svn, using TVE2 and 1-2 second delay (timeshifting enabled). With a new card, would recommend a...
Sorry I this has already been discuessed. Anyone had experience of using the above card with MP. I've just installed one and MP...
Replies
Views
hi i installed all my software onto my new htpc ,had theatre tek running with spdif output and running great , installed media portal and now i can`t get spdif out on theatre tek or media portal - uninstalled media portal and all goes again no problem. any idea,i want to get media portal running on my pc as it`s a great bit of...
hi i installed all my software onto my new htpc ,had theatre tek running with spdif output and running great , installed media...
hi i installed all my software onto my new htpc ,had theatre tek running with spdif output and running great , installed media...
Replies
Views
Hmm... In theory, a simple 0->5V pulse on the RI pin should do it. Haven't tried it myself though... I also found this thread which indicates that it may not be that easy... http://www.promixis.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3765.html
Hmm... In theory, a simple 0->5V pulse on the RI pin should do it. Haven't tried it myself though... I also found this thread which...
Hello... I have a homebrewed IR-receiver that is connected to my com-port. Everything is working perfect. But I cannot wake up...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 home auto DE
i was wondering can MP do this. i hit play on the computer then the lights dim or turn off , the sound goes to play level and the movie comes on and plays. then when i hit stop the light come up the sound goes down and everything is good. i have some x10 outlet and dimmers. i want it all to be controlled by my pc .
i was wondering can MP do this. i hit play on the computer then the lights dim or turn off , the sound goes to play level and the...
i was wondering can MP do this. i hit play on the computer then the lights dim or turn off , the sound goes to play level and the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Luxe TV HD DE
Bump.... But I have to install tv engine to receive dvb-s2 channels?
Bump.... But I have to install tv engine to receive dvb-s2 channels?
Yesterday I noticed something very strange. I have a technotrend S2-3200 sat card and it seemed all ok. I scanned Hotbird...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MPNG DE
Eh... we are 0.2.2.X now, so the next ver. would probably be 0.3.0.0? My tip: Browsing SVN releases - they are not very many ATM. In my experience that somtimes means that a updated version is on its way (not allways, though). Might not be 0.3.0.0, but a minor update.
Eh... we are 0.2.2.X now, so the next ver. would probably be 0.3.0.0? My tip: Browsing SVN releases - they are not very many ATM...
Hi all, are there any news about MPNG?
Replies
Views
  • Poll
MP1 MP2 Good/Bad results with TV Engine 3 (1 Viewer) DE
M4TH... I assume you want to hit Bev or Dish... being that you are in Canada. The setting you need is called circular. 11250. That should work for you. I am hitting dish with that setting and am able to pull it down with my skystar2 card. I think that is about the only card right now that can do this.
M4TH... I assume you want to hit Bev or Dish... being that you are in Canada. The setting you need is called circular. 11250...
Out of curiosity, what has everyone's (non-dev) experience been with the new TV-engine build so far?
Replies
Views
I found what i thought was my keyboard in the device manager. I unchecked the "allow device to wake up" box and now the computer wont wake up instantly, but now my MCE remote cant wake it up either. I only changed the power management settings for one device. It seems ike it is treating both the keyboard and the remote as one device.
I found what i thought was my keyboard in the device manager. I unchecked the "allow device to wake up" box and now the computer...
So I just got this great wireless keyboard with integrated trackball, but it is causing some problems. I have my HTPC set up to...
Replies
Views
The Nebula DigiTV i have has a pass through, and i *think* the KWorld PCI card i have has this too (although i could be wrong, haven't used the card in a while and am not at home to check).
The Nebula DigiTV i have has a pass through, and i *think* the KWorld PCI card i have has this too (although i could be wrong...
Are there any TV cards which have a pass through facility? I doubt it, but in case someone out there knows... Thanks.
Replies
Views
My Twinhan DTV 1030 via BDA drivers detect a sat signal in strength and quality 20-30% less than the signal detected by a Nexus-s on the same sat cable. The BDA driver used for twinhan is 1.2.3.8. I think the poor signal detected may be cause of: 1- long "wait for pmt" in tv.log 2- long time for channel changing 3- Bad video...
My Twinhan DTV 1030 via BDA drivers detect a sat signal in strength and quality 20-30% less than the signal detected by a Nexus-s...
My Twinhan DTV 1030 via BDA drivers detect a sat signal in strength and quality 20-30% less than the signal detected by a Nexus-s...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New MP Laptop User DE
I recently installed MP on my work laptop. I travel a great deal and like the interface the MP provides me to handle all the media I have loaded on my laptop. Here are a couple of general question / comments that I would like to throw out to the community. Do you use the default folder location or set-up your your file...
I recently installed MP on my work laptop. I travel a great deal and like the interface the MP provides me to handle all the media...
I recently installed MP on my work laptop. I travel a great deal and like the interface the MP provides me to handle all the media...
Replies
Views
My advice. Come out of MP and try to play a DVD from your DVD drive using [say] WM10. Once that is working OK, then try doing the same from MP, then try running the files DVDclone creates. Regards - Dave
My advice. Come out of MP and try to play a DVD from your DVD drive using [say] WM10. Once that is working OK, then try doing...
Hello.... I would like to rip my DVD collection and save it on my HTPC. To get the high quality, I would prefer to just copy the...
Replies
Views
I have the same problem, I have the v2 remote that doesn't have "TGB". How can I change language without having to change default settings each time? I listen to movies in English when I'm alone and in French when I'm with my wife. Can I assign new functions to numbered keys ? This is what I have (MCEv2) This is the one with...
I have the same problem, I have the v2 remote that doesn't have "TGB". How can I change language without having to change default...
This is an easy question. The only way I have seen to change the language in a dvd movie is going to settings and (globaly)...
Replies
Views
2007-01-29 13:33:35.766250 [Info.][7]: DVBGraph: Unlocked... wait for tunerlock # 2007-01-29 13:33:40.766250 [Info.][7]: Tuner locked: False # 2007-01-29 13:33:41.297500 [Info.][7]: DVBGraph: Unlocked... wait for tunerlock # 2007-01-29 13:33:46.297500 [Info.][7]: Tuner locked: False # 2007-01-29 13:33:46.813125 [Info.][7]...
2007-01-29 13:33:35.766250 [Info.][7]: DVBGraph: Unlocked... wait for tunerlock # 2007-01-29 13:33:40.766250 [Info.][7]: Tuner...
I am new to Mediaportal and am trying to get my DVB-s card working with the FTA channels on bell expressvu. When I scan the sat I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 red/green time line DE
Cheers smnnekho. Good description. I couldn't find this in the wiki so I've added it there now.
Cheers smnnekho. Good description. I couldn't find this in the wiki so I've added it there now.
can anyone tell me what the "red" and "green" bits mean in the time line when watching livetv? (see image)
Replies
Views
hi, i want a good simple mame emulator. all i ask is that it can filter games by say number of players or the game type, puzzle, maze, etc. i have tried mamewah, 3darcade, but overall they seem buggy and not great. mamewah seems a bit better than 3darcade. gameex is good, but has that annoying lag unless i buy it. anyone else...
hi, i want a good simple mame emulator. all i ask is that it can filter games by say number of players or the game type, puzzle...
hi, i want a good simple mame emulator. all i ask is that it can filter games by say number of players or the game type, puzzle...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I'm learning. Is there a "universal IR blaster"? My cable company (Comcast in southern NJ) seems to change boxes every 4-6 months. Is there a specific MP URI I can follow to get more clues on the IR blaster thing? Thanks again.
Thanks. I'm learning. Is there a "universal IR blaster"? My cable company (Comcast in southern NJ) seems to change boxes every 4-6...
I am not sure of this is OT or not, please excuse a newbie and direct me. :) I was looking at getting a Hauppage PVR 250 card to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Possible with MP? DE
Hi, i just watched a small video about the new hp touchsmart pc interface http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3477/sneak_peek_video and wonder if it will be possible someday with our MP (without touchscreen, of course..) Is there any skin that can show us in the home screen the weather, latest news in rss and so on? Just...
Hi, i just watched a small video about the new hp touchsmart pc interface http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3477/sneak_peek_video...
Hi, i just watched a small video about the new hp touchsmart pc interface http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3477/sneak_peek_video...
Replies
Views
thanks Great input thanks - looking forward for the stabile TV Server release and enjoying MP meanwhile :)
thanks Great input thanks - looking forward for the stabile TV Server release and enjoying MP meanwhile :)
Media Portal is a great product :thx: I've been surfing the site and forums for info about an expected time for a stabile...
Replies
Views
Just noticed my comment above is now confirmed in the Wiki by Frodo:
Just noticed my comment above is now confirmed in the Wiki by Frodo:
I've just built my first HTPC and installed MP, installation and configuration was pretty easy with the excellent documentation and...
Replies
Views
It seems that for TV section the best codec is cyberlink Power DVD7. The image is much more detailed and clear than MPV or nvidia codec(maybe because I use 91.47 nvidia driver).
It seems that for TV section the best codec is cyberlink Power DVD7. The image is much more detailed and clear than MPV or nvidia...
Hi, yesterday I configured my MP for the first time. In my system I have these codec installed: - MPV (??) - DScaler - ffdshow...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how to set subtitles to be shown on movies using the standard video player. I have a lot of anime that is currently unwatchable on the software as it doesn't seem to be capable of launching vobsub even though I have selected it to show subtitles. Is there anyway of setting it to use vobsub with the inbuilt player as I...
Does anyone know how to set subtitles to be shown on movies using the standard video player. I have a lot of anime that is...
Does anyone know how to set subtitles to be shown on movies using the standard video player. I have a lot of anime that is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm looking for any insight into the possibility of using a generic video capture card and my soundcard line in as a tuner in tvserver. Since my capture cards has directshow drivers, I'd think the only real difference between this setup and using an analog TV capture card with software encoding is the TV card has a tuner...
Hi All, I'm looking for any insight into the possibility of using a generic video capture card and my soundcard line in as a...
Hi All, I'm looking for any insight into the possibility of using a generic video capture card and my soundcard line in as a...
Replies
Views
Via remote control buttons or via the arrow keys.
Via remote control buttons or via the arrow keys.
No responses to my last post, makes me feel like a right nuffy.... I've done more searching, and more testing, and for the life...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 cpu usage? DE
Ok, ended up to be a combination of the AV and Firewall software in the machine. After reinstalling Comodo Firewall the CPU utilization dropper from ~45% per channel to ~15%, wich is close to what I had before. AV (Avast) was making the server to reboot. After replacing it with AVG everything is fine.
Ok, ended up to be a combination of the AV and Firewall software in the machine. After reinstalling Comodo Firewall the CPU...
what should be the average cpu usage for viewing one tv channel ? i'm watching a channel on a remote client, the server is doing...
Replies
Views
Im using a Hauppauge HVR1300 hybrid card, to recieve both analogue and digital channels. My problem is, when watching analogue channels, the message "no signal" suddently pops up, and the screen freezes. If I change channel to another analogue channel, "no signal" is displayed on this channel too. The only way to get the...
Im using a Hauppauge HVR1300 hybrid card, to recieve both analogue and digital channels. My problem is, when watching analogue...
Im using a Hauppauge HVR1300 hybrid card, to recieve both analogue and digital channels. My problem is, when watching analogue...
Replies
Views
That is great news. Thanks.
That is great news. Thanks.
I have a music collection that is perfectly tagged and formatted exactly as I want it. A lot of programs try to change the...
Replies
Views
There are only some skins that has the option to navigate down to the small overlay window in yhe corner of the screen. But the easyest thing is to use the red button on the MCE remote.
There are only some skins that has the option to navigate down to the small overlay window in yhe corner of the screen. But the...
Sorry for the noob question but I can't seem to figure this out or find information about this. I use the media center remote...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom