MediaPortal 1 Talk (133 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Dscaler isnt that great 4dvb cards but it is great 4 analogs
Dscaler isnt that great 4dvb cards but it is great 4 analogs
I dont know how dscaler works at all. I just find that there method of adding analog tv cards Is great. Any analog card pretty...
Replies
Views
the icon is not present because it's an "analogue" audio channel - I have the icon when the audio is digital (AC3).
the icon is not present because it's an "analogue" audio channel - I have the icon when the audio is digital (AC3).
Hi, I have a funny issue: in germany sometimes movies are broadcasted with two analogue audio channels: the first channel...
Replies
Views
I cannot get the crop function working. Is there a master on/off switch somewhere?
I cannot get the crop function working. Is there a master on/off switch somewhere?
Just seen that MR_HIPP has implemented a crop functionality in my tv. It is now possible to get rid of lines at the top and at...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Palm OS client? DE
Thanks. I think I could set up a Bluetooth internet connection from the Palm to the PC, so that would be perfect.
Thanks. I think I could set up a Bluetooth internet connection from the Palm to the PC, so that would be perfect.
I see that there's a PocketPC client for Media Portal... Are there any Palm OS fans in the development team? Any chance of a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Stable Release? DE
No, there is no plan. rtv releases them when he feels the time has come. There is no fixed schedule for those patches. You'll notice it when it's published on our homepage only.
No, there is no plan. rtv releases them when he feels the time has come. There is no fixed schedule for those patches. You'll...
hi great workers, because of limeted time due to some bigger projects, i´m only able to look for major changes here from time to...
Replies
Views
:S Please have a look here: http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4386. I have posted a description of my :o deep down to earth problem - my mce pc and my ip-stb's are not on the same planet. Any experience with the combination FujitsuSiemens Scaleo e mce - Kreatel ip-stb 1710 times 2 - ???
:S Please have a look here: http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4386. I have posted a description of my :o deep down...
:S Please have a look here: http://www.usbuirt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4386. I have posted a description of my :o deep down...
Replies
Views
MCE remote should be working in Vista with latest SVN now. Please check and report back. Thanks to the bearded man above for the code basics again. ;)
MCE remote should be working in Vista with latest SVN now. Please check and report back. Thanks to the bearded man above for the...
Hi, I've only had a quick play and have to got to work - so more later: 1) The back button no longer works on the MCE Remote /...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info on the plugin. I'll install it and give it another try when I have a little free time. BTW, I posted my findings about MP over at Snapstreams forums and it loks like there are going to be quite a few more converts. :) -Chris
Thanks for the info on the plugin. I'll install it and give it another try when I have a little free time. BTW, I posted my...
Hello, I am a new MP user as of today, replacing BM due to its numerous shortcomings. So far, most everything is working...
Replies
Views
Hi, see ya! :) Flip.
Hi, see ya! :) Flip.
Special thanks to mPod for the last couple of weeks. While I've become a minor contributor to MP, and I wish the project all the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 16x9 using 800x600? DE
cool, thanks man. I thought it would probably be possible, but didnæt know where to look :)
cool, thanks man. I thought it would probably be possible, but didnæt know where to look :)
Started putting together my HTPC and might have a problem when i come to use my plasma TV. It isn't the best screen in the...
Replies
Views
Sorry if this seems simplistic, but at least I'm trying to get smarter. I am making the move from "graphics stealer/adapter" to "graphics creator" for web pages and other projects I am working on. I was thinking that a good way to practice would be to make some icons for a MP skin I am envisioning. I was working on this in...
Sorry if this seems simplistic, but at least I'm trying to get smarter. I am making the move from "graphics stealer/adapter" to...
Sorry if this seems simplistic, but at least I'm trying to get smarter. I am making the move from "graphics stealer/adapter" to...
Replies
Views
Regarding scanning channels Media portal configuration program, tv section, tv-cards, properties on the tuner you want to scan with, then go to autoscan .
Regarding scanning channels Media portal configuration program, tv section, tv-cards, properties on the tuner you want to scan...
Hi there, Have switched to MediaPortal from MCE2005. Firstly, is there a way to rescan for channels once the config wizard...
Replies
Views
Hard to say, as the product is not finished yet. So almost impossible to predict what hardware requirements are needed for client or for server. IIRC distributing across the network is not implemented completely yet anyway. So a bit patience, please. We'll let you know it all when it's done. ;)
Hard to say, as the product is not finished yet. So almost impossible to predict what hardware requirements are needed for client...
Devs: I was just wondering what kind of hardware you were testing TV v3 on? Mainly the server side but it wouldn't hurt to know...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Xbox 360 DE
You can use media connect, this will allow you to stream music and view photo's. You will need MCE if you want to stream video's. No other way I am afraid.
You can use media connect, this will allow you to stream music and view photo's. You will need MCE if you want to stream video's...
hi guys and girls Just wondered if MP will allow you to run it through the xbox 360 Ta Tanis
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your replies. I downloaded and installed divx and all is well. I might try ffdshow instead and get rid of everything else that I don't need. Cheers Bruce
Thanks all for your replies. I downloaded and installed divx and all is well. I might try ffdshow instead and get rid of...
...but will play everywhere else... Hi all I downloaded an AVI file via bittorrent. The source website said I needed a DivX...
Replies
Views
vcodec.com has disappeared
vcodec.com has disappeared
Users looking for the latest and greatest video software may not just be in danger from media lawyers. Security firm Panda Software...
Replies
Views
Hi, you got CHli wrong here. DirectX is not needed for recording. You can minimize MP to tray and recording will only need good HD access (separate drive in best case). In future releases recording will be a service. The PVR 150 and 500 use the same chipsets. The 500 has just two 150 onboard. Haven't heard of quality issues, but...
Hi, you got CHli wrong here. DirectX is not needed for recording. You can minimize MP to tray and recording will only need good HD...
Hello I have some questions before I pick media portal. first one. I want to put 4 Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE in my sytem. Is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, No. The S3 chip is not doing well with VMR9 and DX9. Bot technologies are used by MP. If those are not supported, erverything must be done through the CPU. Flip.
Hi, No. The S3 chip is not doing well with VMR9 and DX9. Bot technologies are used by MP. If those are not supported...
Help! I had hoped to be able to run MP with an old PC with an Athlon XP 1600+ CPU and a PowerColor ATI Radeon 9250 graphics card...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PLs Help DE
sorry p4 3.0, 512mb ddr2, 80gb sata hdd, onboard s3 vga and via soundcard. don't have any tv card. only use lcd. in just want my pc can play movie in media portal. i have install ffdshow still same when select hit enter nothing show... thank you and sorry untill now reply
sorry p4 3.0, 512mb ddr2, 80gb sata hdd, onboard s3 vga and via soundcard. don't have any tv card. only use lcd. in just want my...
I'm a new user..... i using xp sp2 with wmp v10. i have a problem to play my video i can see my file in my video but when i enter...
Replies
Views
You can look up the channel frequencies for Brisbane here. Note that the SD channels and HD channels share the same frequency for each station - its the PID value that determines which particular stream (SD or HD) is viewed/recorded. I don't understand what you mean by this - "I noticed that '10 HD Brisbane' is a slightly...
You can look up the channel frequencies for Brisbane here. Note that the SD channels and HD channels share the same frequency...
I'm sure that these have been asked many of times before, and I've done some searches and can't find some straight answers. 1 Is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 News from Vanessa! DE
Me? i-loop? I think someone misunderstood something. It was the team, not 2 single persons or so. Nice to tell the community such untrue things... :growl: There was never a personal problem, it was an administrator's/moderator's problem. Too bad it's been taken personal. There never was a personal war, although the "other party" has...
Me? i-loop? I think someone misunderstood something. It was the team, not 2 single persons or so. Nice to tell the community such...
PM conversation with Vanessa: Good news!!!
Replies
Views
GOT IT! I couldn't see that 'this' was a link, as the font colours were too similar. Or I'm going blind. Thanks guys.
GOT IT! I couldn't see that 'this' was a link, as the font colours were too similar. Or I'm going blind. Thanks guys.
Hi, Sorry if this question's been asked before (which it probably has), but I can't find the answer on the forum or in the...
Replies
Views
The burner plugin is actually quite clever. It makes its own menu structure using the images of whatever skin you have chosen to use. True, you still can't make your own menus, but I thought the auto function was clever enough to rate a mention.
The burner plugin is actually quite clever. It makes its own menu structure using the images of whatever skin you have chosen to...
What do you guys use for DVD authoring? ie, taking your recorded TV shows and putting them onto DVD. I'm currently using...
Replies
Views
I had a similar problem. Have you tried un-ticking “use exclusive Direct X mode” in general setup. It fixed my crashing problem but now I get a small amount of tearing (You take the good with the bad) on sum block color movements.
I had a similar problem. Have you tried un-ticking “use exclusive Direct X mode” in general setup. It fixed my crashing problem but...
I have tracked a relatively frequent bluescreening down to the nVidia Purevideo decoder. I was seeing bluescreens in MP after...
Replies
Views
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Yesterday I have made other tests, and I have discovered that an old version of the Mediaportal RC4 (what I had fortunately saved) didn't give the problems of slowness in the change of channel: To this point I believe both profit for all those people who have this problem, to know as I have...
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Yesterday I have made other tests, and I have discovered that an old version of the...
I don't know where to post this topic so if some admin wants to move it elsewhere that's ok. I have used MP for about 8 months...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Info Button? DE
there were changes to the i button a while ago (before .2). I can't give much more help as I didn't like the changes so mapped mine back to the old behaviour. Thanks to mPod you can do the same, just add a new condition for FullScreen video. Can't help much more sorry, as I said, I haven't used it this way.
there were changes to the i button a while ago (before .2). I can't give much more help as I didn't like the changes so mapped...
Hi there, Using the info ('i' on MCE remote) button in MyMovies brings up the menu to do the imdb lookup. In previous versions...
Replies
Views
I have a licensed version of GForce and MP responds fine during full-screen visuals (AMD 2200+ and Nvidia 6200) (?) - no problems.
I have a licensed version of GForce and MP responds fine during full-screen visuals (AMD 2200+ and Nvidia 6200) (?) - no problems.
Hi Guys, I am trialling G-Force at the moment. I am a little concerned about the frane rate when it is running inside MP. I have...
Replies
Views
I have just spent a bit of time either creating or downloading asx files for my favourite UK based radio stations from their websites. In some cases this has been just downloading the asx files from the website for others I have had to go through html/javacript files to locate the stream sources from the radio stations and manually...
I have just spent a bit of time either creating or downloading asx files for my favourite UK based radio stations from their...
I have just spent a bit of time either creating or downloading asx files for my favourite UK based radio stations from their...
Replies
Views
the autostart plugin is messy, for example, if i want to bypass it by going to Music or Weather, it still starts myTV. then when in MyTV, and you ESC to get out, it almost seems to randomly pick MyTV Home, TV Guide or Home Screen to exit to....its far from perfect...which is what i demand, lol....just kidding... to help, ive edited...
the autostart plugin is messy, for example, if i want to bypass it by going to Music or Weather, it still starts myTV. then when in...
not that i care about the extra downloads, its just making me curious... why since the 27th August did the SVN jump from 3.5 to...
Replies
Views
Bingo! Seems the original RealMP download stopped short but the .rar file could still be opened. Downloaded again and it was 2Mb bigger. Loaded up fine....although I prefer BlueTwo at this point. Still, the exercise gave me some knowledge which can only be a good thing :) Cheers Bruce
Bingo! Seems the original RealMP download stopped short but the .rar file could still be opened. Downloaded again and it was 2Mb...
Howdy all I now have a running MP system however I have a few questions. I am coming from a MythTV machine on Fedora Core 4...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom