MediaPortal 1 Talk (139 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
MP1 MP2 HD space DE
What do you mean by *encripted*
What do you mean by *encripted*
Hi all I've god HDD 160 GB, and in MP Configuration application, I setup that all TV recordings goes on partition that has over 90...
Replies
Views
The thing is the program was 720p and that should have recorded the program in 1280 by720, but it recorded the show in 720by576 ??? If you say is true it must have been my error and i selected the SD channel instead of the HD channel. SD would be 720by576 right :) Ill record some HD stuff and see what happes from the HD...
The thing is the program was 720p and that should have recorded the program in 1280 by720, but it recorded the show in 720by576 ...
You know to the lower,medium,High ect settings. Where do i set what settings i want for each of these settings. I seem to not be...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Bug Posting DE
i can see your post. ::here:: you have not added much info to your post (as required for bugreports). you can start a new thread in the new bugreport forums BUT read and follow the HowTo: report bugs before you do so. :thx:
i can see your post. ::here:: you have not added much info to your post (as required for bugreports). you can start a new...
Hi it seems that since the old bug forum moved, noone sees my bug post... i was wondering if i could move/recreate that post...
Replies
Views
Thanks!
Thanks!
I've tried reading the documention/wiki and searching the forums but I haven't found anything about this. I'm wondering about if I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Sky TV in the UK DE
Thanks for that. I shall have a look at the FireDTV system then. I'll report back on progress.
Thanks for that. I shall have a look at the FireDTV system then. I'll report back on progress.
:S Having trawled through the MP site (although perhaps not in the right place!?) I cannot find definitively how I can be certain...
Replies
Views
hey maun, what are you like saying maun?
hey maun, what are you like saying maun?
I just curious, I notice a few people on here have MC but have decided to move away from it and use MP, could somebody explain why...
Replies
Views
Thanks - I will ask over there
Thanks - I will ask over there
With the usual trepidation of starting a new thread after a potentially substandard forum search...... I have a question about...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IRC-Network Change DE
The MediaPortal IRC channel moved from EFnet to freenode. From now on you should not use the EFnet channel anymore, it will be inaccessible soon. The freenode network offers better security options but also better management. E.g. by registering your nickname, nobody else but you can use it. Also spamming and all those bigger and...
The MediaPortal IRC channel moved from EFnet to freenode. From now on you should not use the EFnet channel anymore, it will be...
The MediaPortal IRC channel moved from EFnet to freenode. From now on you should not use the EFnet channel anymore, it will be...
Replies
Views
Sorry, it seems I had messed things up! :ooops: Now I have the recording folder properly configured. But now I have a new problem that started to happen only recently: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?p=74558 Thanks for all your help! :) OMA
Sorry, it seems I had messed things up! :ooops: Now I have the recording folder properly configured. But now I have a new problem...
Hello all. I'm new to these forums and MediaPortal. I've been trying to configure MediaPortal to record in standard MPEG2/DVD...
Replies
Views
Well, I'm always happy when users care about copyright issues and the MP project. ;) But what you brought up is not problematic for us. Sorry if my posts came across a bit harsh, it wasn't meant this way. ;) Things that we won't have (because of copyright issues that could lead to closing down the project) will be: Ripping by...
Well, I'm always happy when users care about copyright issues and the MP project. ;) But what you brought up is not problematic...
This stems from what is being worked on here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=10472 Do the devs on this...
Replies
Views
I've used all the functionality in Orb without a problem, XP Home and dual tuner Hauppauge here. Don't use it any more though, in New Zealand our upload speeds are awful and I'm limited to 128kbps, making video a waste of time.
I've used all the functionality in Orb without a problem, XP Home and dual tuner Hauppauge here. Don't use it any more though, in...
Hi, Is Media Portal and Orb (www.orb.com) compatible? I have tested MCE2005 and Orb but these two products both try to lock my...
Replies
Views
Without any knowledge of this lawsuit: It´s almost impossible to copyright a feature. Only the way the feature is produced. The code and design for example. So anyone can do some reversed engineering and create a competitor. Examples in the history are Apple(MS/IBM/Commodore), IBM(Compaq), WordPerfect(F-keys in MS Word), The...
Without any knowledge of this lawsuit: It´s almost impossible to copyright a feature. Only the way the feature is produced. The...
Does this affect MP in any way? "A federal judge ruled earlier this month that some of the features of DVR devices offered by...
Replies
Views
Do the tags contain special characters (umlaut, accents) etc? I get the same problem with tags like this. The new music tag reader which is under trial works for me. I've just downloaded it and tested it with my entire collection. It catalogued every track correctly. So I just need to wait for it to appear in a future MP release...
Do the tags contain special characters (umlaut, accents) etc? I get the same problem with tags like this. The new music tag reader...
Hi there! I have a bounch of mp3 files... when I go into the directory many of the tracks are just called "unknown - unknown"...
Replies
Views
I have a 4x40-character-VFD and really like it and it runs perfect with the above linked plugin. If you know the structure of your MP it is also possible to pretty easily navigate through the different fuunctions like Music or (Web)Radio - especially if you just want to start a playing list or a particular station.
I have a 4x40-character-VFD and really like it and it runs perfect with the above linked plugin. If you know the structure of your...
Hi, Is anyone running Media Portal on a PC with a mini-display on the front? I've seen this hardware feature on at least one...
Replies
Views
If the Microsoft drivers support it then you should only see one problem and that relates to the handling of TGB (the green button). On non-MCE platforms TGB notifications are not sent in the same way as other button notifications. Both MP and mptray use code that talks directly to the USB device in order to handle TGB notifications...
If the Microsoft drivers support it then you should only see one problem and that relates to the handling of TGB (the green...
Hi all, I want to run a couple of HDMI screens (lounge and bedroom), I'm currently waiting for a nice GPU card to come out with...
Replies
Views
I'm really excited about this. Technically by the sound of it, you could build a very small not to powerful server with just your TV card for capture, run a network storage device for holding all of your material, have small DX9 capable clients for playback.
I'm really excited about this. Technically by the sound of it, you could build a very small not to powerful server with just your...
i just read the tv engine news on the front page - it's sounding excellent so far! I'm just wondering how the move to...
Replies
Views
Well, maybe if a skin file could be made for the new plugin, then it might? I do like the idea of such plugins, which are more like widgets to sit on the screen and show some info...
Well, maybe if a skin file could be made for the new plugin, then it might? I do like the idea of such plugins, which are more like...
Hi guys, I have justed started using Mediaportal and all is going well. I am using the Blue2 skin and have two questions...
Replies
Views
Again, thanks all. I think I am pretty well set now to give MP a go. Just slipstreaming an XP CD as I type, getting ready for this weekend. Cheers Bruce
Again, thanks all. I think I am pretty well set now to give MP a go. Just slipstreaming an XP CD as I type, getting ready for this...
Hi All I am seriously considering moving to Mediaportal. Currently I am a MythTV user that is mildly satisfied only. There are...
Replies
Views
Is seen in the lookup that only cabel-infos are supported. Who new from where this information comes from. Are this information editable ?
Is seen in the lookup that only cabel-infos are supported. Who new from where this information comes from. Are this information...
Is seen in the lookup that only cabel-infos are supported. Who new from where this information comes from. Are this information...
Replies
Views
edit: mistake
edit: mistake
1) When version 0.3 (mp) is available for download? 2) Will use .NET 3.0 and xaml? thank's
Replies
Views
Might want to search for "external channel' instead.
Might want to search for "external channel' instead.
I'm new to Media Portal, apologies for such a basic question, but I can't find an answer anywhere. I want to connect other...
Replies
Views
In my experience the other ones are right, sagetv is more stable - though al lot more work to set up(especially for pps living in europe) - and also a lot of customization to get it to what i want - i get sage to be 90% of what i want..(winamp plugin/sagemc16x9/zoom player) - the last 10% is all the problems i get with setting up...
In my experience the other ones are right, sagetv is more stable - though al lot more work to set up(especially for pps living in...
Hi, I found this site via a thread that was posted over on sagetv.com - are there any current or former SageTV users here...
Replies
Views
has any body been able to set up live 365 stations
Replies
Views
it is simply not installed at the new webserver at the moment. the whole migration is taking longer than expected. :sorry:
it is simply not installed at the new webserver at the moment. the whole migration is taking longer than expected. :sorry:
For the past few days, I have tried to access Mantis, but I keep getting the message:- The Mantis bug tracker is currently...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BBC API available DE
Better post it here, I belive: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46
Better post it here, I belive: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46
Found this site which may offer some oppurtunity for some eager programmer out there. http://www0.rdthdo.bbc.co.uk/services/api/...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
added options for - 3. TV-Card - 4. TV-Card - cooling
added options for - 3. TV-Card - 4. TV-Card - cooling
i thought i should provide the community with something to play around. ;) But before i add it i would like to know if you want...
Replies
Views
Okay, thanks a lot for the information - the description really isnt always the same, even for the recurrences.
Okay, thanks a lot for the information - the description really isnt always the same, even for the recurrences.
Hi, I am new to Media Portal and didnt find anything in the documentation: Is it possible with MediaPortal to records shows...
Replies
Views
mPod you are of the few people that have the same opinion as myself on "what a forum is".
mPod you are of the few people that have the same opinion as myself on "what a forum is".
I've being folowing MP development but have not seen Frodo in the las couple of weeks. Is he alright? Too much work? Is he...
Replies
Views
I think this is a great idea. My wife wants to buy a 3rd tuner just to get around this problem but I'm resisting :-)
I think this is a great idea. My wife wants to buy a 3rd tuner just to get around this problem but I'm resisting :-)
I'm in Australia using the OzTivo EPG Source. I have a analog and a DVB-T tuner setup sharing the same channels. The DVB-T card...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Bounty DE
FYI: DVB subtitles in general will most probably come in MP 0.3.0.0 If you like, you can donate here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/donate.html Note that donations are general donations and will not be dedicated to a certain feature but for helping to keep the project running for e.g. buying hardware or sending hardware around the...
FYI: DVB subtitles in general will most probably come in MP 0.3.0.0 If you like, you can donate here...
Don't know if it's the right place for this but here goes Has the idea of putting up bountys for completing certain features...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom