MediaPortal 1 Talk (75 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
MP1 MP2 My Music DE
Thanks that helped. I can view them and play them now. One more question. When I'm searching through my songs for some reason after a little while it kicks me out of where I can select the file and back to the 'change view' on the left. It won't let me go back and select anything until I change the view. It's kind of weird.
Thanks that helped. I can view them and play them now. One more question. When I'm searching through my songs for some reason after...
I'm having a little trouble setting up My Music. I have set the folder for it to look in for my music files but it doesn't seem to...
Replies
Views
Paranoid delusion... I promise this will be the last question:D I saw that you are using MP vers 2.0.0.4. Is that actually 2.0.0.0 RC4? If it is should I try using it, as I am using the latest version? Thanks mate. cheers rosco
Paranoid delusion... I promise this will be the last question:D I saw that you are using MP vers 2.0.0.4. Is that actually...
I gave M.P. a try after getting the run-around with MCE and it is working FANTASTIC! Great job guys/gals. I am new to media...
Replies
Views
yep i tried it , but i have to honestly say i haven't in newer versions of MP, might give it a burl tonight, thanks taipan
yep i tried it , but i have to honestly say i haven't in newer versions of MP, might give it a burl tonight, thanks taipan
Just wondering if anyone has been succesful in backing up the radio part of MP, i have got a lot of Streams entered in on Radio...
Replies
Views
I donated the other night and plan to do so again in the future. Great program and I can't say just how much I appreciate the work you guys have done and continue to keep on doing.
I donated the other night and plan to do so again in the future. Great program and I can't say just how much I appreciate the...
I was wondering how many of you people that just use Mediaportal and not donating money for the outstanding job the team do for us...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Salivating over (1 Viewer) DE
yeah i dont' really have a up and running version at present so i would be happy to take it in any form , alpha , beta, now? :) hehe
yeah i dont' really have a up and running version at present so i would be happy to take it in any form , alpha , beta, now? :) hehe
The new TV engine, the hints and descriptions are driving me crazy!
Replies
Views
I have arrived at an excellent picture quality now! Short summary of what I did below. Watching my CRT from half a meter, and comparing against the direct from antenna connection I can see that I am still lacking some sharpness, but this is not visible at my standard viewing distance. Hints appreciated though. I'm trying to locate...
I have arrived at an excellent picture quality now! Short summary of what I did below. Watching my CRT from half a meter, and...
I have a very good CRT TV which I have connected to my ATI X800 S-video output. I believe I have actually made the X800 send a...
Replies
Views
AFAIK, MP stops all mce services and starts them again when you leave mp. First this was a plugin, then it was integrated into mp. It was necessary for some reason to get mp working with mce. searched for the thread but couldn´t find it. tomtom
AFAIK, MP stops all mce services and starts them again when you leave mp. First this was a plugin, then it was integrated into mp...
Hi, I have two Xbox360 boxes at home doing nothing, my idea is to use them to watch recorded shows(recorded using MP) and divx...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all answers, this sounds great! I must setup this and try :lol:
Thanks for all answers, this sounds great! I must setup this and try :lol:
I have never used Mediaportal and have a question. Can I use two DVB-T cards, one with my subscriptioncard including paychannels...
Replies
Views
Just got this idea. If I have two TV-cards and assign the SVT channels to one of them and the other channels to the other card, would it speed things up when it comes to zapping? /Moltas
Just got this idea. If I have two TV-cards and assign the SVT channels to one of them and the other channels to the other card...
I am from sweden and have noticed that changing channels from SVT1 or SVT2 to any other channel is really slow. There is another...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'am folowing this thread too since I'am also thinking in improving thsi plug-in. But since the TV Engine is changing and the new TV engine will propably work differently than this one in terms of external tunning, I don't know if it's not better first to wait Frodo release something (and his toughts about exteernal STBs) so...
Hi, I'am folowing this thread too since I'am also thinking in improving thsi plug-in. But since the TV Engine is changing and...
Hi, I have recently set up my first HTPC running MP using a Hauppauge PVR-150-MCE and a Microsoft Media Centre (v2) remote...
Replies
Views
-Using Samba shares: no problem, though you'll have to mount them. -Playback of ripped DVD's: If ripped to Divx, AVI, MPEG etc. files: it's built in (the my movies section.) If ripped as .iso: you can use deamon tools. MP can mount iso files trough deamon tools and play them. I'm sure that movie files (aforementioned avi, mpeg...
-Using Samba shares: no problem, though you'll have to mount them. -Playback of ripped DVD's: If ripped to Divx, AVI, MPEG etc...
I've been looking for a full-featured frontend for my HTPC. I am currently using BeyondMedia, but am frustrated by its limitations...
Replies
Views
What? you do a search based on my username and there it is clear as day. L A Z Y
What? you do a search based on my username and there it is clear as day. L A Z Y
I've gone through the instructions on the MediaPOrtal site about getting satellite images in th eapp. But I cant' 'Copy Link As'...
Replies
Views
Well i dont see why not, as i said in my post above, if you map the buttons via UICE to another program, then that program will respond and not MP. You might have to find a button/s which MP doesn't use, though. In UICE, you can set it to apply the mapped keypresses to either a specific program, or "to current screen" which is...
Well i dont see why not, as i said in my post above, if you map the buttons via UICE to another program, then that program will...
does anyone know if it's possible to have som remote buttons start various other programs? I use the X10 USB remote from...
Replies
Views
Hi, As patrick already outlined, your logfile shows that the bitrate of your card is set wrong. So it's clearly an issue with the quality settings of your tvcard. Make a screenshot of the Quality settings tab from your tvcard, and post the contents of your card_cardX.xml from the database/ directory. FWIW, my PVR500MCE works as...
Hi, As patrick already outlined, your logfile shows that the bitrate of your card is set wrong. So it's clearly an issue with...
Any suggestions on how to obtain decent video quality when using a hapuug. pvr-250? I've tried all the tricks I learned from past...
Replies
Views
No problem here, just been litening to smash hits fine and checked others. Could be a DX9 thing, I take it that if you use your own application supplied with your card everything is fine. ps where's your DVB-T card, as not in profile, external maybe ?
No problem here, just been litening to smash hits fine and checked others. Could be a DX9 thing, I take it that if you use your...
Hi, befor I go ahead and raise a bug report i thought I would see if anybody else is experiencing this issue and maybe its my...
Replies
Views
is anyone using this, I would like to test it out and was wondering if anyone would give me permission to test theirs.
is anyone using this, I would like to test it out and was wondering if anyone would give me permission to test theirs.
Hi there, I remember reading somewhere that you can have a tv recording program linked to the internet and then trhough a wap...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Next update? DE
rtv - Your patches and many, many fixes are sure appreciated! THANKS
rtv - Your patches and many, many fixes are sure appreciated! THANKS
Hi. Is there some date when the next update will be? How is it decided when to release a new update? The reason I'm asking is...
Replies
Views
would it be possible to use VLC as an external player to play files while they are still being downloading by built in ftp folder function? or should the included function already have the ability to stream from ftp?
would it be possible to use VLC as an external player to play files while they are still being downloading by built in ftp folder...
would it be possible to use VLC as an external player to play files while they are still being downloading by built in ftp folder...
Replies
Views
Correct, and no silly messages saying SLI disabled, when i know i do not have it. Ah well at least if you search on the Nvidia website there is a fix for the balloon. :lol:
Correct, and no silly messages saying SLI disabled, when i know i do not have it. Ah well at least if you search on the Nvidia...
can anyone tell me what's wrong when I get only black and white video with streams from the internet (trailers and uitzending...
Replies
Views
If yougo to the Configuration program there are two check marks under General Blank screnn in fullscreen mode when mediaportal is idle and Turn off monitor when blanking screen Don't know if these work but it may be the solution to your query.
If yougo to the Configuration program there are two check marks under General Blank screnn in fullscreen mode when mediaportal...
Hallo. Is there anyone who know if it´s possible to map a button on the MSE remote, so the HTPC quit sending signal to the...
Replies
Views
Now the question I have to ask is, "why would you want to?" :P
Now the question I have to ask is, "why would you want to?" :P
...can I use my PC for anything else? i.e. can I turn off media portal and use my PC as before? Or have it running in the...
Replies
Views
Ehh.. you can't rip DVDs from within MP, right? Would be cool, though... 8) I've only used DVD Shrink ('coz its free)
Ehh.. you can't rip DVDs from within MP, right? Would be cool, though... 8) I've only used DVD Shrink ('coz its free)
When ripping DVD's to MP what do most of you do? Currently I rip to divx to concerve space but this has the obvious problem of...
Replies
Views
The easiest way is to: 1. Download strings.xml 2. Edit strings.xml 3. Post the edited strings.xml at sf.net as a patch 4. Notify the devs. Cheers, Martin
The easiest way is to: 1. Download strings.xml 2. Edit strings.xml 3. Post the edited strings.xml at sf.net as a patch 4...
Hallo. I have seen that there is alot of words not translated in the swedish language file, under the CONTRIBUTE section på the...
Replies
Views
No metter which view I have selected, if I restart MP and go to My Music, it always go to "Songs" view, but I'd like to have "Shares". Is it a bug? I also did not get how can I create new playlist... whether is it possible or I need to use Media Player for that? thx
No metter which view I have selected, if I restart MP and go to My Music, it always go to "Songs" view, but I'd like to have...
No metter which view I have selected, if I restart MP and go to My Music, it always go to "Songs" view, but I'd like to have...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Multistreams DE
Ah i see now! it's a bit of a shame you cant do what the OP was saying. Maybe in the future it will be possible.
Ah i see now! it's a bit of a shame you cant do what the OP was saying. Maybe in the future it will be possible.
Is there any way to output more than one stream simultaneously with Media Portal? For example I want to watch a movie in one...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Dvb-s TT 1500+CI DE
hi to everybody, I have a TT 1500+CI card and regular SKY Italy, veedo subscription perfectly the channels coded in live broadcast, but I am not able to register after the stand-by, help me ...
hi to everybody, I have a TT 1500+CI card and regular SKY Italy, veedo subscription perfectly the channels coded in live broadcast...
hi to everybody, I have a TT 1500+CI card and regular SKY Italy, veedo subscription perfectly the channels coded in live broadcast...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Resolutions DE
mbuzina, I have got mine working using the DVI output now and it works with 1280x720p. You should be able to get 1280x720p working @ 60hz but not 1280x768 as it's not a supported mode for DVI. I also find that it doesn't seem to support anything x768 so therefore 1366x768 also won't work. Hope this helps.
mbuzina, I have got mine working using the DVI output now and it works with 1280x720p. You should be able to get 1280x720p...
Just wondering what is the optimal setup for movie playback etc? Using the StarWars EPIV as a reference stored on MyMovies...
Replies
Views
Ah right - that's actually an integral part of the menu display for all file folders within MP and the display of lists etc. - I think the xml for it is in either default window behaviour, or reference.xml
Ah right - that's actually an integral part of the menu display for all file folders within MP and the display of lists etc. - I...
Is there any way of making the album cover/animation larger? (the one that displays in the lower left corner of MyMusic) TIA Ian
Replies
Views
:oops: didn't know Thank you
:oops: didn't know Thank you
I've got some avi's with 2 audiostreams. (The ripper also provided directors commentary). When I play this in Mediaportal (2.0...
Replies
Views
Good points, didn't have time to scan the forum; or rather take the time... pardon me. See your point about the CD, probably someone out there blagging Debian or other too. Still, that's what I perceive it as; a blag. If MP get some good publicity great, but if the schemer is setting up his/her customers with a virus? All the...
Good points, didn't have time to scan the forum; or rather take the time... pardon me. See your point about the CD, probably...
Though I'm a big fan of Media Portal and the OS movement, I hadn't registered on the site; until now. Check this live link TO...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom