MediaPortal 1 Talk (48 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Do you meen the trailers plugin. You can find it under "My films" or in the plugin menu. The trailer plugin shows information and trailers about new and upcoming films on cinema and DVD.
Do you meen the trailers plugin. You can find it under "My films" or in the plugin menu. The trailer plugin shows information and...
Hi there, I remember testing media portal out quite a while ago before i started using it fully. I remember a feature or plugin...
Replies
Views
You either start Musicsharewatcher.exe, which you can start using the method described above OR you enable the Plugin. When the plugin is enabled, it is executed as part of MP and now priority can be set. So i asume you are starting the exe and you can use the method from above.
You either start Musicsharewatcher.exe, which you can start using the method described above OR you enable the Plugin. When the...
Hi, I love the new music share watcher option. would it be possilbe to add the function to have the music share watcher to...
Replies
Views
Thx for the link, after installing winDvr it worked. I will see what happens when the trail period expires. I think if I deinstall windvr media portal will fail again.
Thx for the link, after installing winDvr it worked. I will see what happens when the trail period expires. I think if I deinstall...
:S Hello, I have no idea how to get mediaPortal working with my pinnacle PCTV 300i Analogue card. The only way to get it...
Replies
Views
... or maybe it was PVR Wire :oops:
... or maybe it was PVR Wire :oops:
Found this on Engadget; looks like an interesting way to link SKY box to PC: http://cielplus.com/product_info.php?products_id=28...
Replies
Views
hy, I have the same problem, but with pctv 300i I found FreeEnc, which should work, but I do not know how to install or to configuer it in mediaportal setup after installation. My post --> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11158&goto=newpost
hy, I have the same problem, but with pctv 300i I found FreeEnc, which should work, but I do not know how to install or to...
Mornin Does anyone know of a free encoder which works with Pinnacle pctv 110i?
Replies
Views
thanx! that solved my problem! thank you again! :)
thanx! that solved my problem! thank you again! :)
Hello. I just installed Media Portal on my HTPC and I like it alot more then MediaCenter. But I got one huge problem that I...
Replies
Views
Btw: We would have to call the folder "The language being spoken in the Formerly Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia", cause the folder does not contain the COUNTRY, but the SPOKEN LANGUAGE. Or do you use the language "Greece" in MP? :P Think about it.
Btw: We would have to call the folder "The language being spoken in the Formerly Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia", cause the...
Macedonian Language File New translation added to https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediaportal/
Replies
Views
that's very good news. I'm looking forward to the next 3DMP release!
that's very good news. I'm looking forward to the next 3DMP release!
To mPod or other mods.: Please delete first post.... mPod: Tried to contact you (PM/mail), but no luck.
Replies
Views
Yeah, that is what I figured. Not a big deal anyway. Thanks for the confirmation.
Yeah, that is what I figured. Not a big deal anyway. Thanks for the confirmation.
When I exit from mytv, tv always turns off. Tv does not keep running in lower left corner (using blue two), while mymusic, myvideo...
Replies
Views
this probably is the wrong forum ain't it? anyway if you google, you'll probably find a few guides
this probably is the wrong forum ain't it? anyway if you google, you'll probably find a few guides
Hi, I am new here, and probably did not read all FAQ carefully , however used search button for some time and did not find an...
Replies
Views
Last year I left my PC hibernating and waking up automatically. It worked fine the whole time, about three weeks. This summer I got an HVR-900 for DVB-T channels, unfortunately MP doesn't work well with it after hibernation, so I left my PC on for about three weeks. It's no problem, the PC doesn't get too hot no matter how long it's...
Last year I left my PC hibernating and waking up automatically. It worked fine the whole time, about three weeks. This summer I got...
Hi, I'm just wondering if anybody has left their PC hibernated while they went away on holiday, with Media Portal set to record...
Replies
Views
I second that, the minimum setting is way too high (and it's quite hard to understand what this "hours" setting is all about. This word is hardcoded as well so it doesn't get translated with the strings.xml). A lower minimum setting would be great - and PowerScheduler shouldn't power down the system as long as MP is compressing...
I second that, the minimum setting is way too high (and it's quite hard to understand what this "hours" setting is all about. This...
I did not find any guide how can i put the scheduled recordings into mpeg2 _automaticly_ after the records finished. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recording HDTV DE
This is correct, there will probably be no support on Windows till M$ supports it. It should be available in Vista. MyHD supports QAM. It's a great little card, but the software to use it horrible and it does not play well with other media software. MythTV also supports QAM. I'm a big fan, just wish linux had better graphic...
This is correct, there will probably be no support on Windows till M$ supports it. It should be available in Vista. MyHD...
Can MediaPortal record HDTV from a cable provider?
Replies
Views
Well, I can use my remote to do move around in mediaportal, changing songs, playing movies and so on. But you say it will then work to change channels and record? I know a lot of people have this remote with this chassi and there are keymappings floating around. So I get the one without remotecontroller?
Well, I can use my remote to do move around in mediaportal, changing songs, playing movies and so on. But you say it will then work...
I got the silverstone LC16M case with the IR/VFD and a remote controller bundled. I should now buy my TV-card and I think I will go...
Replies
Views
ya it isnt
ya it isnt
does MP start by itself if it is off and has a scheduled recording? cause running it constantly is a system drag for me.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which TV-Card? DE
For Uk which way is best I have a cable line in from my telewest? I also have dvb-t via outside anntena but reception is dubious at times and I have my sky plus dish which I am currently using only one lead to regular sky box with current subscription. so I have a few choices. my system core duo 2.4 oc@3.5ghz motherboard p5w dh, 2gb...
For Uk which way is best I have a cable line in from my telewest? I also have dvb-t via outside anntena but reception is dubious at...
What card to use in sweden with (Boxer) DVB-T and my smartcard? Can only find the ones with freeview...? And is there any...
Replies
Views
Okey, thank you guys! Didn't find the answear in the forums so I had to ask. Anyways, Media portal rocks!
Okey, thank you guys! Didn't find the answear in the forums so I had to ask. Anyways, Media portal rocks!
Hi! I've been searching for the solution for hours and hours, how to change the keybindings in MP for example to PAUSE or STOP a...
Replies
Views
Woo hoo! That is certainly good news! I will download it and give it a try tonight. Many thanks. Tony
Woo hoo! That is certainly good news! I will download it and give it a try tonight. Many thanks. Tony
Hello, First time poster, first time lurker. I have a Dell desktop with an ATI All-in-Wonder 9600 Pro installed. Machine is...
Replies
Views
I've just spoken to a mate who has SKY+ and he reckons it only adjusts recording times, when the program times are amended on the EPG - which apparently does happen when programmes are severely delayed. I suppose if your system is set up to download the EPG very often, it might be possible for Media Portal to carry out the...
I've just spoken to a mate who has SKY+ and he reckons it only adjusts recording times, when the program times are amended on the...
Hi, Is there a feature in MediaPortal which will move scheduled recordings forwards or backwards, depending on early or (more...
Replies
Views
How should this be done in combination with MediaPortal? Or even windows?... but hey I get you, It's easy to do when windows starts up, but then I have all the other stuff that loads, maybe that will make the clip stutter.... tips?
How should this be done in combination with MediaPortal? Or even windows?... but hey I get you, It's easy to do when windows starts...
I'm a newbie to MP but thinks it is great. Also very fun to be a part of the development. So I just finished rendering the "20th...
Replies
Views
It appeared to be the mainpage only, but it was restored quite quickly.
It appeared to be the mainpage only, but it was restored quite quickly.
I can go directly to posts from the main page, but opening the forum main page results in some jackass web page about being hacked...
Replies
Views
I think you probably need a remote that learns signals, I have an RCA Universal learning which with patience controls everything I own (including the AC) apart from my htpc which is RF based.
I think you probably need a remote that learns signals, I have an RCA Universal learning which with patience controls everything I...
I am just starting to get into tuning MP to my preferences and had a question. I noticed that lots of people like to use their MCE...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think this is really annoying too. Because I like to use the icon view to see the coverart. With the result that the label gets cut of.
Yeah I think this is really annoying too. Because I like to use the icon view to see the coverart. With the result that the label...
Here's on of the biggest issues I think I and many others have with the interface. Now forgive me if I've been utterly blind and...
Replies
Views
but keep in mind that this can lead to unexpected issues if you run windowsupdate on your Win2K system after this modification. we can also not give support if you run into issues, because we can never be sure if its your modified Win2K or MediaPortal that is the reason for the issues.
but keep in mind that this can lead to unexpected issues if you run windowsupdate on your Win2K system after this modification...
Hey All, Sorry for the life-or-death style thead title :) I installed MP on a brand new, cleanly isntalled and updated copy...
Replies
Views
I suspect I know the answer to this (that being "no way, tough luck")... but I was wondering if there's an easy way to get more items visible at a time in the Home screen menu. I know you can customize what's there and what's not, and I suspect maybe it could be done with a different skin, but so many plugins require the default...
I suspect I know the answer to this (that being "no way, tough luck")... but I was wondering if there's an easy way to get more...
I suspect I know the answer to this (that being "no way, tough luck")... but I was wondering if there's an easy way to get more...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Look Its A Bargin DE
IT IS. https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/global/buying_mediaportal_from_e-bay.html
IT IS. https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/global/buying_mediaportal_from_e-bay.html
and i thought it was free...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 can some help me DE
Hi, 0.2.0.0 is a beta release, so will be 0.3.0.0 (hence the initial "0" in the release version number). It is not called a final release as there's just too much development going on in the core parts (and it's just not considered a final product by the team). Kind regards, Michel
Hi, 0.2.0.0 is a beta release, so will be 0.3.0.0 (hence the initial "0" in the release version number). It is not called a final...
Hello it is some question i well get answered. It is pussible to use Mediaportal on reactos or well it be pussible...
Replies
Views
me too I am also an owner of BeyondTV license. I switched to MP about three months ago and rarely look back. I do miss the web interface, but I imagine MP will have that with the 3.0 release (there's a plug-in now, but I don't think it's maintained). My biggest problem with BTV other than the price to upgrade for essenially few...
me too I am also an owner of BeyondTV license. I switched to MP about three months ago and rarely look back. I do miss the web...
I just wanted to give some positive feedback. I have been toying around with HTPC's for several years, but just now finally...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Bug bugs bugs DE
LOL! I vote this for best comment of the month! :D
LOL! I vote this for best comment of the month! :D
Hi At time of writing there are 16 bugs, many of them old, that need fixing...
Replies
Views
garion, that's unlikely. My genres are pretty indivdual, I'm sure last.fm does not have genres like "Pop Party", "70s Pop", "Pop British" or "Pop British Party"... these are exact my own genres, and they always match the first of the suggested titles (but only the first, the other two usually have other genres).
garion, that's unlikely. My genres are pretty indivdual, I'm sure last.fm does not have genres like "Pop Party", "70s Pop", "Pop...
Hi, I'm using the new "now playing" screen which I like a lot. There is a section where "additional titles marked as: <genre>"...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom