MediaPortal 1 Talk (41 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Hi xurr. I've only used Girder 3.2, the last free version that no longer seems to be freely available for download. Here's a brief step-by-step guide (not sure how this will go in Girder 4, this is for Girder 3): 1. Download and install the Generic Serial Support plugin from Girder's website. 2. Go to File->Settings, click on...
Hi xurr. I've only used Girder 3.2, the last free version that no longer seems to be freely available for download. Here's a...
Hi all. If anyone's interested, I've written a J2ME Midlet (for mobile phone) that interacts two-way with Girder to control...
Replies
Views
Hello, Im new with MP, started up with it today and been tweaking it all the day. I've a Remote Wonder II but can't get it working properly, it's not X10 series remote so Key Master or Factory won't work with it... Is there some other way to get it fully functionable? If anyone has any ideas, please help me, thanks :) Wouldn't...
Hello, Im new with MP, started up with it today and been tweaking it all the day. I've a Remote Wonder II but can't get it...
Hello. My HTPC also doubles as my desktop. I simply switch over to TV-Out and start MediaPortal when I want to veg out and...
Replies
Views
Hi I am tryin to use the FTP share feature but it does not work with me 0.2 final does not work latest SVN does not work FTP server: Filezilla Server 0.9.19 Beta 2006-10-11 19:12:49.000000 [ERROR][MPMain]: FTPConnection: Unable to connect to ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:36666 reason: Unexpected null reply received changing to...
Hi I am tryin to use the FTP share feature but it does not work with me 0.2 final does not work latest SVN does not work FTP...
Hi I am tryin to use the FTP share feature but it does not work with me 0.2 final does not work latest SVN does not work FTP...
Replies
Views
I haven't used powerstrip for a long time, but back when I did I made a note of some settings I had to put in the config file to avoid the problem you described above. Here's what I wrote down: edit pstrip.ini add to global options: NoSafetyChecks=1 CompleteSilence=1 to avoid warnings from powerstrip on resets Hope...
I haven't used powerstrip for a long time, but back when I did I made a note of some settings I had to put in the config file to...
Hi, I'm trying to output my screen to a widescreen CRT TV, but I can't find a resolution which is anywhere close. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
I am guessing the respons: "Check the news on the homepage" ;) Lets just wait for it now... Give them time Sorry, couldnt help myself with the fixed icon.
I am guessing the respons: "Check the news on the homepage" ;) Lets just wait for it now... Give them time Sorry, couldnt...
I have one idea. Would it be possible to use the TVEngine 3.0 for builing a light-weight passive diskless VIA pc close to...
Replies
Views
:thx: for the links. It's good to have them to see what's happening, eventhough here we only have sun and temperatures over 30º even in october.
:thx: for the links. It's good to have them to see what's happening, eventhough here we only have sun and temperatures over 30º...
Hello This is for MP spanish users, I hope you find this useful .... I search in a lot of places good weather maps for "Weather"...
Replies
Views
If you want to launch only one program (karaoke player) you can try EasyApps plugin https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Automation/EasyApps/ Then you can use My Programs to launch games and EasyApps to launch karaoke player. If your karaoke files are cd+g/mp3 you can launch them from My Videos. Just add .cgd...
If you want to launch only one program (karaoke player) you can try EasyApps plugin...
Hello, I want to use the my programs plugin in two different places : once under games group (to run it as a mame and other...
Replies
Views
Check that they are included in MP setup ---> movies ---> movie ext.
Check that they are included in MP setup ---> movies ---> movie ext.
What am I doing wrong if after my Initial Setup, Divx and Xvid Files, with the extension .avi do not show up as a list of movies...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Thanks... DE
Read my tagline. Old Meedio (and myHTPC) user here too. Welcome.
Read my tagline. Old Meedio (and myHTPC) user here too. Welcome.
I would like to thank everyone involved in the media portal projrct... :D I am a previous Meedio user and switched after Meedio...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 two questions DE
1. If you have your movielist on "show all" it will remember if your watching them by thumbnails,icons or list and so on when you restart MP. If you have the list on "show Titles" it will not remember. I want to show all of my movies from 2 harddrives in Big Icons way each time I enter the My Movies screen. Anything you can do to...
1. If you have your movielist on "show all" it will remember if your watching them by thumbnails,icons or list and so on when you...
1. If you have your movielist on "show all" it will remember if your watching them by thumbnails,icons or list and so on when you...
Replies
Views
Online games is a possibility! It has been talked about before and I think this could be realistic and doable! But I think the more simpler game play with short duration and also maybe with family value (I think) will be the games to get out there and play. Not to say chess and backgammon aren't valid online games. Another...
Online games is a possibility! It has been talked about before and I think this could be realistic and doable! But I think the...
Idea - How about a MediaPortal game based on the MePo gremlin which Glenn (grassynoel) has created? The theme of the game could be...
Replies
Views
Dear FR, you may not know that on the mediaportal french forum, there is a poll to know if you would be ready to pay for a reliable source for the epg. The author of the poll is willing to provide a tvlisting.xml in a legal and reliable manner, but he needs more potential customers. So if you are fed up with MP EPG due to the...
Dear FR, you may not know that on the mediaportal french forum, there is a poll to know if you would be ready to pay for a...
Dear FR, you may not know that on the mediaportal french forum, there is a poll to know if you would be ready to pay for a...
Replies
Views
I'd say it's suitable for the kids. Obviously, it has some "Adult Concepts" but nothing I'm sure they haven't already heard all about in school. It's a lot of fun and has some pretty good morale mesages hidden under the frocks and songs. You'll see Guy Pearce, Terrence Stamp and Hugo Weaving in a totally different way. Back to...
I'd say it's suitable for the kids. Obviously, it has some "Adult Concepts" but nothing I'm sure they haven't already heard all...
I was wondering if anyone here knew about this...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remove My Plugins DE
;)
;)
Hi there, How do I remove the "My Plugins" option from the main menu in Media Portal? I am using the SVN from yesturday (UK...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MyTVSeries help DE
Wont work yet until someone writes it into the plugin.
Wont work yet until someone writes it into the plugin.
Hi. I was wondering if there are any MyTVSeries tutorials or guides out there. Been Googling for hours now... I really can't...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. My Media Center does recieve internet via the network as is used as a file server too, so i assume that it would be similar process' needed although my media center has a wireless network card in it to so i will need the service specific to settings that up started. Thanks again.
Thanks for that. My Media Center does recieve internet via the network as is used as a file server too, so i assume that it...
Hi there, I am planning to do a full format of my media center soon with a fresh XP Home install and was wondering what services...
Replies
Views
there is a "logs" folder
there is a "logs" folder
Hello, I have tried to download and install Media Portal, but when I come to scan for music, videos the installation stopped and a...
Replies
Views
fubrite Have a look at this thread, could be just what you are looking for. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4633 Regards
fubrite Have a look at this thread, could be just what you are looking for...
Hi, I'm a new user to MediaPortal, and I have a few questions. The first is about renaming the recordings - I have the 0.2...
Replies
Views
Thanks.
Thanks.
Hi there, Is it me or is the increments it takes when increasing and decreasing the volume too much? Is there anyway to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Movies too bright DE
This should indeed be done by adapting the (advanced) video settings of your video-card. For ATI based cards you should use the 3D Color settings. There are a lot of threads about this in this forum. Please do a search...
This should indeed be done by adapting the (advanced) video settings of your video-card. For ATI based cards you should use the 3D...
When I start a movie from within MP the screen turns up the brightness right before it plays. Why's that? How can I stop it?
Replies
Views
????
????
Lets face it, Media Portal is an amazing program with a great price tag, FREE. Many people have put in lots of effort and...
Replies
Views
Yes, you need to connect an aerial lead to each tuner - the tuners work independently of each other, unlike your example of a TV and a VCR where the VCR is configured to "pass through" the RF signal to the TV.
Yes, you need to connect an aerial lead to each tuner - the tuners work independently of each other, unlike your example of a TV...
Hi, a quick question - anyone using more than 2 tuners (DVBT) succesfully? The config throws exceptions when I try to add a third...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
using MCE Keyboard here as well. Love the keyboard hate the mouse.
using MCE Keyboard here as well. Love the keyboard hate the mouse.
Hi just queries, if and if yes what gine keyboard people use whit there HTPC Me I use the Microsoft MCE-keyboard that I love and...
Replies
Views
you can try using this TVSeries plugin for your TVShows found here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4633
you can try using this TVSeries plugin for your TVShows found here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=4633
I have two extern harddrives with movies, and wanted to know if there's something i can do to make MP list all my movies from both...
Replies
Views
Khris I am thinking to run MP inside a VM to test the software featutes, requirements and so on without put all on the real machine. It was jaust to create a stand-alone environment. For all, I thank you for your help. Bye.
Khris I am thinking to run MP inside a VM to test the software featutes, requirements and so on without put all on the real...
Hi all, I would like to know if is possibile to run Media Portal inside a VMware virtual MAchine. If yes, which are the...
Replies
Views
We really need to find a solution for this problem soon. The picture looks like crap compared to any external player.
We really need to find a solution for this problem soon. The picture looks like crap compared to any external player.
When I first installed MediaPortal, I set it up to use TheaterTek without looking at the defauly player. Well, I got tired of the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SVN Snapshots reqs? DE
Ok, thanks for the reply. I have just finished configured my MP. I had a lot of trouble getting it to work correct, but now it seemes fine. Would be a bitch to have to reconfigure everything again. So is it possible to have 2 versions of MP on the same machine (i.e. one 0.2.0.4 and one SVN in different catalogs) or will this in...
Ok, thanks for the reply. I have just finished configured my MP. I had a lot of trouble getting it to work correct, but now it...
Is it possible to install a SVN-snapshot with 0.2.0.4? Or does it have to be 0.2.0.0? I currently have the first installed and I...
Replies
Views
out of curiousity what have you got the max framerate in the music/visualisations set to?
out of curiousity what have you got the max framerate in the music/visualisations set to?
Can anyone shed any light if its possible that Stevev can fix the radio part so that it works like the music engine, so when you go...
Replies
Views
Heh spot the white fella then... spelling never was my forte anyway... Kia Kaha:oops:
Heh spot the white fella then... spelling never was my forte anyway... Kia Kaha:oops:
Hi guys and gals just want to say gidday and I love MP already! Am in New Zealand so if any kiwis want advice about setting up...
Replies
Views
Hey thats great news! I asked for that some time ago and didnt get much replies! Very glad someone is working on that!
Hey thats great news! I asked for that some time ago and didnt get much replies! Very glad someone is working on that!
I am currently using MythTV on a Linux-based PVR. I'm looking to switch to a Windows solution because the nVidia drivers are...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom