[fixed] 4k HEVC DXVA2 not playing correctly in MP2 (4 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also pushed some changes that seem to fix the NetStreamSourceFilter memory leaks. I can now play all test files.
    Please check if you think the reasons (read commits) I found are plausible.
    Remember to uncomment the NetStreamSourceFilter bypass if you want to test it. ;)
    Yes, that are exactly the changes I would have done as next. Thanks (y) Will try more with new sample file.
    Alright, test file uploaded
    Where did you upload it?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here my results with Intel HD530 and LAV 0.72 (the chip is not capable of 4k hardware decoding)

When LAV splitter enabled HEVC as supported HW codec, DXVA2 (native) is chosen in MP2. Playback starts but due to missing HW support there is only a black screen.

Now I tried inside GraphStudio, there I got very distorted, pixeled results.

Last try was to disable HEVC inside LAV video decoder configuration, and as result the test file played without any issues.

upload_2018-11-18_15-11-33.png

PS: from which movie the sample is taken?

upload_2018-11-18_15-11-18.png

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where do we go from here?
    We fixed the graph release, so that every filter and the graphbuilder itself is released at the right time and order. So all the warning messages about remaining references are gone.

Additionally we implemented IDisposable pattern to our DotNetStreamSource, which was not yet correctly released when we wanted it to.

The OutOfMemory exceptions are another part. I can't reproduce them here, but henso can. This could mean that different hardware/software/drivers could make a differerence. I am not sure if this is related to graph and filters at all. So there is not clear answer...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To which version does this apply? The OP observes the issues also in MP 2.2.
    Yes, the changes are part of 2.2.1 branch only.

I am also uncertain about the LAV filter settings as you deactivated HEVC before being able to play the file.
    There is wide range of combinations: Codec, color bit depth, hardware support, hardware decode mode (DXVA/CB, DX11). I.e. I needed to deactivate HEVC for 10bit samples, but other HEVC videos worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom