TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

4OD is broken. It returns no URL errors for all videos and also when searching for instance 'Undateables' only one video is returned. But on the 4OD site, all epsiodes of all the 3 seasons are available.

Thanks!

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    4od streams are now encrypted and therefore unplayable in MP

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've given it a try and it's very hit and miss, it often fails when attempting to expand the flash player to full screen - the player will just disappear instead. It also doesn't seem to be possible to exit or control the browser with a remote. It's not a workable solution on my system I'm afraid.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've fiddled a bit with the new util I can confirm that remote does not work. Other than that it works ok (with my site... I can not try 4od). I use a MCE remote.

I think this is a great addition to onlinevideos, but I'm big on usability... So to not be able to use a remote is a (big) problem.

I have tried different kinds of stuff in app.config and BrowserForm this evening but to no avail. Key.MediaStop works with my remote...

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for giving the new plug in a try.

For the 4OD plug in, I'm not having the same problems on 2 MediaPortal machines I have running here. The blank screen is particularly odd, I assume you've left it 10 seconds or so to load? (Flash can take a while to initialise in the web browser control). I've only occasionally had problems with the resize, but if I go back and re-open the same video it works OK. When I get some time I'll investigate this further.

As for the remote, I've only currently implemented Play, Pause and Stop/Back (the last 2 do the same thing - close the window), but it's done using the default key presses from MediaPortal (configurable in the app.config file) - using an IMon remote this works well. When I get a chance I'll see if I can also get it to work with the Media keys.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks, it worked 90% of the time on my desktop but failed 90% of the time on my lounge comp - a timing issue I reckon

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I manually browsed to the 4od site and watched a video, which I had never done on that machine, and it has since worked pretty well. Thanks a lot :)

TheBatfink It's in the latest SVN so you would need to compile yourself or wait for the next release.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok. Could you also comment on the search results I mentioned in the OP? It seems there are lots of media the ov site doesn't present. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread