ABC iView (1 Viewer)

kirk1

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
Australia Australia
Has anyone else had issues with iView?

Just recently it has stopped working stating 'cannot get URL' was working perfect previously and I haven't made any changes.

Trying to work out if this is just me or not.

Thanks

kirk1

Portal Member
March 10, 2008
Adelaide
Home Country
Australia Australia
Nothing at all works for me in iView. Was wondering if ABC may have changed something. If you can check to see if anything is currently working I'll ivestigate further at my end.

Thanks for your help!

loutheo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2010
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I tried playing 7.30 report, QandA and another show I cannot remember now and none of these shows would play.

I also played At the Movies though and it worked so I'm not sure what the issue is... I only had a brief moment to test so I'll try some more shows soon.

I'm using MP 1.4 and the latest online videos.

muffet

Portal Member
December 16, 2008
Home Country
I have the same problem. Must have started recently as i was only watching iView a few days ago. My guess is ABC have changed something at their end...

I am running 1.3 with latest version of OV.

My parent's system is also having the same issue.

Hope its an easy fix!

Edit: Attached my OnlineVideos.log file

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, I have to dig into that.

Is anyone here able to provide me with an australian vpn to smoothen the testing traject?

It could take the load of my human proxy (@Callumgw)

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks to darro's VPN I fixed ABC iView, and added SBS australia.

The fix for iView is more like a workaround, it's forcibly using the old rtmp stream instead of the new akamaihd stream.
    Published it anyway, so you can still watch until I (or my colleagues at XBMC) have figured the inner workings of it all.

And @darro : you can shutdown your vpn for the time being. (Perhaps needed soon as I probably have to fix AFL, but let you know when exactly)

loutheo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2010
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's great! Thanks for the quick fix and adding SBS while you were at it.

Cheers

kirk1

Portal Member
    March 10, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I feel a little stupid here but how do I update onlinevideos for this to work? ..... and I wouldn't mind getting sbs working too.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread