Add scrobble support for Live TV / Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mrmojo666, the log snippet shows it sending watching state, not scrobble. What exactly is wrong with that?
    Code:
    Address: http://api.trakt.tv/show/watching/

A true scrobble ie watched event will have scrobble in the url. Dont get confused with the [scrobble] thread name in log, maybe we should make that more clear.

fyi, it seems your EPG does not have correct title fields for some of your shows
    Glee - 1^TV - 3x14

Do you know why your title field has - 1^TV?

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    mrmojo666, the log snippet shows it sending watching state, not scrobble. What exactly is wrong with that?
    Code:
    Address: http://api.trakt.tv/show/watching/

A true scrobble ie watched event will have scrobble in the url. Dont get confused with the [scrobble] thread name in log, maybe we should make that more clear.

fyi, it seems your EPG does not have correct title fields for some of your shows
    Glee - 1^TV - 3x14

Do you know why your title field has - 1^TV?

thank you for the explanation.

that means "first time aired" and it is added from the provider, would be appreciated if the scrobbler can try to mach not only exact string but when exact string not match it tries again with a partial match ..... may i suggest the first part of the string until a space or comma or - ..... like the epg channel association in tvserver...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Here is the regular expression we use to extract the title and year from the title field in the tv epg:
    Code:
    "^(?<title>.+?)(?:\s*[\(\[](?<year>\d{4})[\]\)])?$"
    If the title field also includes other information (such as 'first time aired') then we can tweak that expression so that includes more capture groups...any one in the community can help us out on that.

If someone can make a list of all the possibilities for title field, then we can start to improve the expression.

So in your glee example above 'Glee - 1^TV' is being returned from your title field and is captured as is in our expression.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    i'm not a super expert in regular expression, but that regex seems in not working in my usual regex validation tool...... is that regex wroitten in .net way ?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i'm not a super expert in regular expression, but that regex seems in not working in my usual regex validation tool...... is that regex wroitten in .net way ?
    Yes, its done in .Net. Here is the full line of code used by the expression:
    Code:
    Match regMatch = Regex.Match(info.Title, @"^(?<title>.+?)(?:\s*[\(\[](?<year>\d{4})[\]\)])?$");

We could add a setting for this so it can be customizable by advanced users, all we need is to be able to get title and year...the rest of the string can be ignored. We can also update the default once agreed it would suit everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread