Add scrobble support for Live TV / Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: [1.1.0] Trakt for MediaPortal

It would be awesome if I could hear if this is still a possibility in the nearby future: https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/issues/1

I definitely want to get Recorded TV supported for scrobbling, will take a look soon ;)

Maybe as a temporary workaround for now with Movies is if you Scan the movie using the F9/F3 IMDB option, this will then enter the movie info into the videos database. I think then it should get picked up by the My Videos plugin handler if enabled. Not 100% sure if that will work but it should I think. When we add native support we will hook into the Recorded TV API and get the information from the recording if available.

For TVShows with Season/Episode info we will definitely need to look at native support, hopefully those properties can be picked up by the Recorded TV API or by skin properties.

zvap

Portal Member
    December 5, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: [1.3.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2012-01-19]

I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyways. Does this plugin scrobble live live TV?

zvap

Portal Member
    December 5, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    thanks. Obviously I didn't post this in this thread. The thread title kind of answers my Q. I don't want anyone thinking I'm a complete loon (I AM a loon, just not a complete loon) :)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

It would be awesome if I could hear if this is still a possibility in the nearby future: https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/issues/1

I definitely want to get Recorded TV supported for scrobbling, will take a look soon ;)

Maybe as a temporary workaround for now with Movies is if you Scan the movie using the F9/F3 IMDB option, this will then enter the movie info into the videos database. I think then it should get picked up by the My Videos plugin handler if enabled. Not 100% sure if that will work but it should I think. When we add native support we will hook into the Recorded TV API and get the information from the recording if available.

For TVShows with Season/Episode info we will definitely need to look at native support, hopefully those properties can be picked up by the Recorded TV API or by skin properties.

If there is no good way to get that information, let us know - providing more useful information to 3rd party plugins is quite important.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

If there is no good way to get that information, let us know - providing more useful information to 3rd party plugins is quite important.

Hi tourettes, I have added Recorded-TV support for trakt for now and seems to be working good, I will release a test dll shortly. To get the recording info im using the following:

Code:
    TvBusinessLayer layer = new TvBusinessLayer();
    Recording recording = layer.GetRecordingByFileName(filename);

For movies and shows the best way to get a match on trakt is to use imdb/tmdb/tvdb ids but since this is not available on the recording object we fall back to title+year matching for movies and title+seasonidx+episodeidx for tv-episodes. I have tested movies using the Australian EPG (standard over-the-air one) and for the recording.Title field I get back Title (Year) e.g. S.W.A.T. (2003), from that I can split the two and get title and year separately. Episodes however is another story, the Aussie EPG only returns the Title, the recording.SeriesNum and recording.EpisodeNum fields are empty. I hope EPG data from other countries has valid info for those fields otherwise scrobbling episodes cant be done for those users.

I have a question about the Recording object, there are two fields EpisodeNum and EpisodeNumber, what is the difference?

Cheers

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Add scrobble support for Live TV / Recorded TV

Hello I have a question. In which way the scrobbling works. Will it scrobbel to after you switch to the channel ? Because this is not good, wehen you are zapping between the channels. I hope it will only scrobble when you have watched 90 % of the the Movie, Serie, for example.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: Add scrobble support for Live TV / Recorded TV

Hello I have a question. In which way the scrobbling works. Will it scrobbel to after you switch to the channel ? Because this is not good, wehen you are zapping between the channels. I hope it will only scrobble when you have watched 90 % of the the Movie, Serie, for example.

Yes, when LiveTV is implemented we will only scrobble after you have watched 80-90% of the program.

So it will probably work like this. You will turn on tv or switch channel, we will wait a small period of time and confirm you are still watching that channel and then send the watching state...then after a period of time (depending on progress/duration) we will either send a cancelwatching or scrobble (watched) state.

Frank-NL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got a forum reminder that there were replies in this thread. I apalogize for not sending the XML as I promised, I totally forgot! Look forward to testing though, curious to see what happens since my EPG does not have episode numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread