Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. not identified (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Does this mean that the plugin then searched for 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD' instead of the acronym?
    Nope, that would be a search where the dots got REMOVED, instead of REPLACED with spaces :D

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    So Marvel's Agents of S H I E L D then?
    That'll be why it didn't work!
    Why replace with space anyway? surely that would break all acronyms?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I put in a special case String Replacement, "Enabled = on", "Run Before Matching = on" with

Replace this = "Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D"
    With this = "Marvel's Agents Of Shield"

It seems like at the start of every new season I need to "swizzle" a few series names to get the correct tvdb.com lookup, like "The Goldbergs" with "The Goldbergs (2013)" when there are 2 or more different shows/series with the same name.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The reason dots are replaced with spaces is so that:

file = Example.of.Long.Show.Title.S01E01.Episode.Description.720p.Whatever.ext

is properly converted into "Example of Long Show Title", however when acronyms are then involved the same dots that should be kept, end up getting converted as well and that is when things go wrong.

I have come up with a generic regular expression that 'should' work, and today I plan to finish my new HTPC so I can actually test it. Once that is added as a default expression, these acronym series issues will be a thing of the P.A.S.T. :cool:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Ah ha!
    So there was meaning in the madness :)
    Presuming that the update will F.I.X. will be in the next update?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    New HTPC up and running, so was able to test expression and realize a fix was needed. By default MP-TVSeries ignores case, but for acronym detection to work properly I needed that enabled. Had to dig up reference, but found the code.

Used the following to run a test with:
    • 56 random popular series with 1+ episodes each
    • Test file: "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - S01E03 - The Asset.mp4"
    No problems on test series and S.H.I.E.L.D was converted into "Shield" and properly found.

Final Custom Replacement:

[x] Enabled
    [ ] Used As Tag
    [x] Run before matching
    [x] Is Regex
    Replace this..: (?-i)([A-Z])\.(?=[A-Z])
    With this: ${1}
    Enjoy.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007