Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. not identified (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    because it replaces the dots in S.H.I.E.L.D with spaces :)
    do a manual search without those spaces on the first add, the rest will go fine (at least it added E02 without issues here)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can also add an additional string replacement that runs before matching e.g. S.H.E.I.L.D ==> SHIELD.

When run before matching is enabled, the dots wont be converted to spaces as they would of already been removed from the above string replacement.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I wish mptvseries be able to update regexes and string replacements on start :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    RegExp replace (runs before matching): ([A-Z])\.(?=[A-Z]) to: ${1}

should do it, if Ignore Case is not turned 'on' for the expression parsing. Only tested it in Expresso, but I did make a start on new HTPC so will be able to test it in MP-TVSeries soon this week, unless somebody beats me to it.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Rochess,

If all works out well I can make that a default string replacement rule.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I tested it on "Marvel.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D.in.the.H.O.U.S.E.720p.Group-Test.ext", Expresso 'replace' result was: "Marvel.Agents.of.SHIELD.in.the.HOUSE.720p.Group-Test.ext"

My test box is screwed right now, wife is using old HTPC and new HTPC is 95% done, so I'll know for sure around Tuesday, but figured somebody will have beat me to the testing before then :)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Well that got more complicated than I expected! o_O

because it replaces the dots in S.H.I.E.L.D with spaces
    Does this mean that the plugin then searched for 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD' instead of the acronym?
    It seems to be written as S H I E L D in the search box, though I didn't notice before.

Searching for Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD works and identifies the correct series (y)

On a slightly different note - once I had entered the name without the spaces, the plugin kept telling me that it couldn't continue as the series was in 'edit mode' though there seems to be no way to get out of 'edit mode' (I tried clicking on all the boxes and re-entering the details). Cancelling this started the import and it worked fine from there.

Thanks for the help!:)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    On a slightly different note - once I had entered the name without the spaces, the plugin kept telling me that it couldn't continue as the series was in 'edit mode' though there seems to be no way to get out of 'edit mode' (I tried clicking on all the boxes and re-entering the details). Cancelling this started the import and it worked fine from there.
    You probably put another series in edit mode. Click on a read-only cell like on in the 'Series' column, that's probably the easiest way to get it out of edit mode.

Users who are viewing this thread