Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. not identified (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, had that issue with @mastyman testing as well, the 'bold' text caused some unicode zero-width space to be copied when you do not 'copy' the text right. You will notice this as a blocky character inside a non-unicode aware program. This used to always be notepad, until Microsoft decided to make notepad unicode aware for Windows 8 as well.

I went in and edited the post, the unicode character (I think it was caused by the forum code that idents that section) is now on the next line, so next person can copy and paste and not have a problem.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Fixing the TheTVdB bug is the right approach, so it fixes it for XBMC and all the other users in one fell swoop.

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Tatort+Batu

Comes up empty, which is the problem you are dealing with. I added the English title for you via a duplicate of German one, which might trigger an update on the TheTVdB API, but you should go in and translate it all and add proper English entries. If it then still does not work; create a forum issue for TheTVdB admins to take a look at it.

PS: Now that I added the English title, the show finally appears when searching for parts of the title, as in:

http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Tatort shows the show now, so you can already make a match now manually by forcing an online match, adjust search string to just 'Tatort' and then scroll down the list of matches and pick 'Tatort Batu', but perhaps later on another API update it will work for direct title search, and you can still contact TheTVdB admins.

PPS: Found problem, I can locate the series via: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Tatort Batu which means some idiot added the show with a unicode space, which confuses the system. Will correct the German title with normal space, so that the '+' URI replacement character can make a match work.

[Edit]: Unable to make a title edit, you will have to contact TheTVdB admins to do it. The adding of the correct English title with normal space would indirectly fix it, but you still need to provide a full translated entry then, or they might erase it, and it really should be fixed proper for the German title.

Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot! What a confusion, and even a mark, copy and paste did not lead to proper results.... Now it's working! Great :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @ltfearme, guess the request for users to mass test the expression did not work out so well :(

I tested it myself on 56 series, but none of them must have contained a single char "I" or "A" in the title.

Fixed the expression by making sure another 'dot' follows the 2nd capital letter.

Custom Replacement:

[x] Enabled
    [ ] Used As Tag
    [x] Run before matching
    [x] Is Regex
    Replace this..: (?-i)([A-Z])\.(?=[A-Z]\.)
    With this: ${1}
    That should do it, sorry about that, you know I always do extensive testing before I recommend something as a default. Weird how nobody reported anything before, because you stumbled on two popular shows that failed.

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't know what you guys have done to fix this...

This was working 100% perfect for the entire season until about 3-4 weeks ago, I'm glad I found this thread. I always have to manually "start import" and enter the series name, season number, and episode number, to get these to come in. I've tried all the replacements in this thread, what's happening here??

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    my workaround/hack is in message #13 of this thread, uses the string replacement option. still seems to work

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I don't know what you guys have done to fix this...

This was working 100% perfect for the entire season until about 3-4 weeks ago, I'm glad I found this thread. I always have to manually "start import" and enter the series name, season number, and episode number, to get these to come in. I've tried all the replacements in this thread, what's happening here??

After I fixed the typo, should just be the last entry. Keep in mind that you might have other entries in your system that run first and blocking this one from working correctly. For example the expression looks for "<CAPS>.<CAPS>.", but if you replaced dots for spaces first, then it will never match.

PS: When you copy and paste from the forum, unicode characters are sometimes copied along. Paste it in notepad first before you add it to MP-TVSeries config to verify that is not happening.

Users who are viewing this thread