Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. not identified (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
my workaround/hack is in message #13 of this thread, uses the string replacement option. still seems to work
With or without the quotes? I have it without now, doesn't seem to work for me.

I don't know what you guys have done to fix this...

This was working 100% perfect for the entire season until about 3-4 weeks ago, I'm glad I found this thread. I always have to manually "start import" and enter the series name, season number, and episode number, to get these to come in. I've tried all the replacements in this thread, what's happening here??

After I fixed the typo, should just be the last entry. Keep in mind that you might have other entries in your system that run first and blocking this one from working correctly. For example the expression looks for "<CAPS>.<CAPS>.", but if you replaced dots for spaces first, then it will never match.

PS: When you copy and paste from the forum, unicode characters are sometimes copied along. Paste it in notepad first before you add it to MP-TVSeries config to verify that is not happening.

Hmmmm... maybe it's because it's at the bottom for me... is there a way to move it up so it runs first?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hmmmm... maybe it's because it's at the bottom for me... is there a way to move it up so it runs first?

Can you give me a screenshot of your rules the way you have them now? Only the ones also checked as "before" would be of conflict.

PS: To speed support up (incase it is something else), provide a full "<drive:>\<path>\<filename>" example of one of the episodes that fails, so I can see how your string replacement rules would apply.

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok sorry for the delay... See attached as it currently stands.

And here's an example full path: \\nas\DEC2010\TV\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 1\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.S01.E18.Providence.mkv

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      79.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok sorry for the delay... See attached as it currently stands.

And here's an example full path: \\nas\DEC2010\TV\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 1\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.S01.E18.Providence.mkv

Ok, you have a few inconsistencies. The "fixed" expression with the \. at the end is disabled in your screenshot with the old one enabled. You need to delete the old one (or modify) and enable the fixed one (but be sure to enable the "Enabled" and "Run before Matching" boxes on that one). You should also remove the bottom one to avoid confusion/conflicts.

With the "fixed" expression enabled, it will turn:

\\nas\DEC2010\TV\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 1\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.S01.E18.Providence.mkv​

Into:

\\nas\DEC2010\TV\Marvel's Agents of SHIELD\Season 1\Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.S01.E18.Providence.mkv​

Which will then work (verified on my test box). With the incorrect one enabled as per your screenshot, you would get:

\\nas\DEC2010\TV\Marvel's Agents of SHIELD\Season 1\Marvel's Agents of SHIELDS01.E18.Providence.mkv​

And that then fails to detect as there is no seperation between "title" and "season".

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but seems like the most appropriate one.

I am on version 4.3.0 of MP-TV Series - and I suspect that there is now an issue with the importer which is preventing this show being imported - although I can't remember when I updated in relation to my problem so it might not be 4.3.0!

Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. was importing correctly for me, and then stopped - no new episodes were appearing. I deleted the series and did a fresh import, however nothing came in - not even the older episodes that had previously been imported.

I'm using the (now) default string replacements which contain the "(?-i)([A-Z])\.(?=[A-Z]\.)" regex that RoChess suggested. I've also reset the string replacements to ensure there isn't an old edit that I've made confusing things - although I don't think the issue is with the string replacements, I think the issue now is with the importer.

Most of my files are like this one:
    "G:\TV\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 03\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 3x14 - Watchdogs HDTV-720p.mkv" - this now does not get picked up by the importer.

However, I had some files with a missing dot at the end of SHIELD ("S.H.I.E.L.D" rather than "S.H.I.E.L.D." and these do kinda get picked up:
    "G:\TV\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D\Season 03\Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - 3x13 - Parting Shot HDTV-720p.mkv"

I say "kinda", as below is what it shows for the series name in the importer. None of my other files (with "S.H.I.E.L.D.") even appear.
    upload_2016-10-1_13-20-6.png

The reason why I think the issue is with the importer rather than the string replacements, is if I do a local parsing test, it all looks happy and all my files appear, and the ones with the proper initialisation (S.H.I.E.L.D.) have the correct Series Name as it should be:
    upload_2016-10-1_13-25-54.png

Am I correct in thinking this is an importer error, as the parsing check seems to be OK?

I've attached my MP-TV debug logs, of me opening up Configuration, doing a parsing test, and then starting the Import Wizard to get to the first screen shot - although I can't see much in there.

If this is an importer issue this may well not be the best thread for this issue - however I think this is a continuation of not being able to import this show, even if the cause may now be different.

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @barneh, thanks for taking a look, I've just now created a new database and a fresh import to gather more useful logs and it all seems to now work as it should - so I guess I had something in my database that wasn't quite right.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reset my DB today as it was corrupted after my youngest child hit the reset button in the wrong moment...however

Arrow

is not identified, also with a manual search.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=257655&lid=14

Any way to force the series ID into the DB or any idea WHY this is not found?

Users who are viewing this thread