Amazon FireHD Stick? (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get AmpDroid running on amazon FireHD-Stick? Just preordered one for sleeping room TV.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just FYI:
    Got my FireHD stick today.
    Sideloading AmpDroid (Current version from Google Play store) was no problem, as well as starting it.
    I managed to configure my server with remote / remote app. So far, so good.

But 1. I didn't think about the fact that the Fire Stick does not have a touchscreen. You cannot reach all elements (e.g. the TV, Series etc button in the main menu) which is really a pitfall, 2. and even more important: As soon as I tried to play any media, the app disappeared and I was kicked back to the fire TV settings menu (from where I started).

@DieBagger Any Interest and Time to take a look and make a FireTV-Stick compatible version, even if it's quick and dirty? This would allow all MePo users to run their media (including live TV) on a FTV stick. I love this idea ;-)

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This idea is great.
    I miss mepo so much. Since i have a problem with pay tv i changed my setup to a sat receiver and a FireTV (box, not stick and because of amazon prime) .
    I've tried plex and kodi but nothing has a WAF like Mepo.
    Sometimes at night i wake up and cry [emoji12]

SDD220

Portal Member
    August 24, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You might want to try installing an app like Apps2Fire (from Google Play) on your android phone. Once it is installed, it becomes trivial to sideload apps by first installing the app on your android cell phone and from that transferring a copy in one quick shot to firestick of fire tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Volume property DE
    Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Good evening, Does anyone know if there is a Mediaportal property to report the current volume level as an integer? I have looked...
    Replies
    Views
    MP2 is based on Windows as OS for server and client, accordingly not ment for phones. There are 3rd party apps, that can conntect to a MP2-server, but they are not free of charge and no help is provided by us. Please check our WIKI for details first. It works well with mouse, keyboard, remote and touch display. In case you have...
    MP2 is based on Windows as OS for server and client, accordingly not ment for phones. There are 3rd party apps, that can conntect...
    I run a windows 10 PC and its connected to my tv in the living room. I then stream to devices around the house from the PC. I use...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its subcategories restored and a few of the broken sites that I had are now back and working. I think it proves that the core program is fine, but there is a problem with the internet connection. I have no idea what...
    Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its...
    Good evening I never was able to solve my TLS problems and my Online Videos installation is now getting seriously outdated (here...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected to the TV and use MP2 on that instead of via Kodi. Something for the future perhaps.
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected...
    I'm running MP2 on my PC and Kodi 19 with the MP client on my Amazon Fire TV box, and this works fine for playing anything from the...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom