aMPed User Mods (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I like it without the buttons... but if you MUST have them .....

11-09-24.png 11-09-30.png 11-09-34.png

Just replace my references.xml with this one.

Attachments

• references.xml
      80.3 KB

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    More MOD MADNESS

Here are some graphical "Recently Added:" tests I'm working on, based loosely on the MayaHD presentation of the same. No xml's this time, as they need a lot of work to be functional buttons. Again, working with my True4:3 mod of the revAMPed font15 skin. Just wanted to get some feedback. Something like this could be incorporated into aMPed.

23-57-14.png 23-57-24.png 23-57-33.png

Also have a working WorldWeather quick-view 4 day forecast.

23-57-05.png

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Using the 18pt fonts.xml, You would have to add a font26 to the fonts.xml ... maybe use height of 29 (for the Home menu). You can use a height of 32 (same as font 32), but I'm pushing the height already without changing the height of the button. ... That's one reason I opted for myself not to use the button texture. I'm using the same button size that is defined in 15pt aMPed, so the sub menus will have some faded text/scrolling on the longer names ... not much real estate to work with.

An option is also to change the references.xml style "Home Button2" font to font 22 ... I moved the fonts for the menu labels to the my references.xml from the my BasicHome.xml. The references.xml would have to be altered to include my 2 new style descriptions, as well as the menu style changes in BasicHome.xml, and other stuff (sub menu background).

The Recently Added labels use the default font size. If there is too much crowding (if a wider menu space is needed), then the graphical Recently Added stuff would have to be omitted. Sometimes the sacrifice is more than wanted with the available real-estate of 4:3 for the sake of readability.

edit: give me a couple days to see what I can do.

Last edited:

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I've got the initial revaMPed 18pt Rustic side-by-side menu mod started, and as suspected, the button width makes it look a bit off-balance. I can fix that, but would require moving, or removing, the menu descriptor label on the left border. Since I highlight the Home Menu item when the Sub Menu box is open, the label is a little redundant. It would fit nicely, though, if placed in the upper corner (horizontally). The Recently Added sidebar would also require addapting to be wider for the font size, but the only solution would be to have it slide out from the right, with an additional onright, and overlay the sub menu box while active. A rotated "Recetly Added" label on the right border would need to be used as a placeholder when the sidebar is not visible.

thoughts?

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    I think the menu descriptor label is unnecessary, we know which menu we're in. and i wouldn't mind an extra right on the remote to get to "Recently Added" in exchange for larger font size. but i've switched to MP1.3a now so i'm waiting for a compatible version of aMPed now as there are some new pages in videos and such..

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    To get the sub menu list to remain visible when the play button was in focus (and added media side panel was visible), I had to add the actual play button to the sub menu group (without an texture), then add the play button image to the side panel (visible on the focus of the button)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    TEST PLEASE.

Here are the Basic Home mod files to add WorldWeather quick view, and graphical Recently Added sidebar/media buttons for MyMusic, MPTVSeries and MovingPictures. I didn't add a sidebar for pictures, as there wasn't room for all three images (the Recently Added tickers are still displayed). I don't, yet, have a sidebar for RecordedTv or MyFilms (I don't have it installed).

This mod requires that you config your aMPed as revaMPed 15pt True4:3, and make a copy to your skins folder (renamed). Extract the files from the zip to the new aMPed folder. Your menu items will be replaced by the mod, so don't be alarmed (That is why you add the mod to a COPY of the aMPed folder. This is only a test to get impressions, because I still don't know the frack what I'm doing (other screens might also be affected).

The files that will be replaced are (I hope I got all the right mod files):
    BasicHome.xml
    BasicHomeInfoRecentlyAdded.xml
    common.weather1.xml
    common.window.home.xml
    references.xml

Let me know your impressions, and once I figure out how to get this to work for all the revaMPed skins I will try to make it happen.

Attachments

• revaMPed_Recent Media_WorldWeather forBasicHome.zip
      22.7 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread