an oil htpc ?? (2 Viewers)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    why the hell would u submerge your pc into vegetable oil?

i just dont get it !!!

gds

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Italy
    well, you could think of it as an extreme form of water cooling... instead of having pipes with cooling liquid you just submerge the whole PC into non-conductive liquid...
    That means no fans at all = no noise at all.
    I find it awesome :idea:

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2004
    Crailsheim
    I've actually been thinking about sth. like this when I saw it a couple of weeks ago, but.... Even though my wife thinks it's quite cool she doesn't want to have it in the living room, either.

J

Autoper

Portal Pro
    January 24, 2005
    Stavanger, Norway
    I have been thinking about something like this myself. But that time I was thinking about using deionized water...
    For an overclok project som years ago i tried to place everything exept hd and dvd in liquid nitrogen... It was no sucess :(

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Autoper said:
    <snipped>
    For an overclok project som years ago i tried to place everything exept hd and dvd in liquid nitrogen... It was no sucess :(

Sounds cool! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    Die Datei runterladen und installieren: vcredist_x64.exe
    Die Datei runterladen und installieren: vcredist_x64.exe
    Hallo, ich installiere gerade Mediaportal1 unter WIN11. Geht aber nicht da Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have the same problem as you face now.
    MP2.5 has the latest OnlineVideo version. But as it was stated, that error will be possibly fixed in a future version, it will have...
    The iPlayer link in Onlinevideos is only showing the last program in the series. For example 'The Traitors' only shows the final...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom