Android MediaPortal remote? (1 Viewer)

oleost

July 21, 2008
Hello.

Im wondering if someone knows about a remote controll for android devices?

It would be a great to have an applications on these mobile phones that can controll mediaportal, over WiFi or bluetooth.

jenslyn

January 20, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
ipimp

Hi,

The Ipimp plugin seems to work fine from the android browser.

Regards / jens lyn

stefan2009

Portal Member
June 4, 2009

Koenig

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
guys maybe we can use this

there is already somebody that made a skin with all the controls look at multimedia

fully functional remote voor pc you can create you custom layouts and styles

gPad remote for android - gPad CATALOG

gPad remote for android - HOME

review here! sound awesome!!

gPad for Android Review

im gonna make a 800x480 background for my android apad tablet, so people can use this for the background of there remote,

any ideas ?

Looks good.

How ever it lacks the ability that I'm searching for, beeing able to choose and turn on music without turning on your TV/beamer....

I already got a great remote (DiNovo mini) to use when the TV/beamer is on.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was thinking of writing something like this to REPLACE my remote control (basically send up/down/left/right/etc via home WiFI network). Just about to get an Android phone that is capable enough.

I looked at iPiMP, but it IS a web application so needs various things on the server - I didn't need anything that clever.

If I have to write this (and I think someone already has done something like this) then it would be a much simpler affair.
    A process plugin would do.

Can't see the point of watching TV on a tiny screen.

Although it would be nice to be able to peruse/play music without the TV on, but then I'll probably transcode and copy to a smart card anyway.

Hmmmm...........

BigSimms

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    It would be really neat to have an Android/IPad based remote that displayed the movie, tv show, or song, etc that the user was scrolling over right on the tablet. This could allow the user to view or read the description right on there tablet-based remote.

K

Kaoh

Portal Pro
    September 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It would be nice if someone created a full working MediaPortal client app for android.
    With GoogleTV and some smart tv's using android there will be a marked for cheap settop boxes based on android and it would be great if we could use the live tv features of MP server on those. The plugins and stuff do not have to be supported since the android device allready supports those by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread