Any problems expected with Mediaplayer 11? (1 Viewer)

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have seen that the new Mediaplayer 11 is finished ( the german version :p )
. I just want to know if I can use it with MP, or if there could be some problems.

Thorsten

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I used 11b2 for a while now and it's working fine.
It dosn't play DRM-content from "direct2drive". :-(

sylvio2000

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for your answer.
I dont need the new mediaplayer, it is just because of the security issue.
Can the developers confirm that there will be no problems with WMP11 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 4K makes Problems. DE
Hello, one question your hdmi port from motherboard is HDMI2.0 at least ?
Hello, one question your hdmi port from motherboard is HDMI2.0 at least ?
Hey, i am using the newest MP version and have some problems playing 4k Movies. The color saturation is too low and the contrast is...
Replies
Views
Well, despite disabling ipv6, I can still see the error this morning. I guess the errors are random, no worries. I did a search for "genaservercontroller" and got 2 hits that reference Mediaportal 2 on Github. The linked items are from long ago, 12 years or so. Google-Results-Here
Well, despite disabling ipv6, I can still see the error this morning. I guess the errors are random, no worries. I did a search...
I just finished up reinstalling MP today to 1.31 and noticed these two errors in the TVService.log [2023-08-20 08:11:24,628] [Log...
Replies
Views
Solved with 1.34. Somehow I managed to install part 32 bit and part 64 bit. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled and now DVDs play faultlessly.
Solved with 1.34. Somehow I managed to install part 32 bit and part 64 bit. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled and now DVDs...
I'm running Mediaportal 1.33 on Windows 11 Home 23H2. If I try to play a DVD after watching TV or movies, all I get is a grey...
Replies
Views
Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer to use the TV and it's working.
Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer...
New computer build with Windows 11 Pro. MediaPortal 1.34 x64. When I pause a video the audio drops out. This only occurs when...
Replies
Views
The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom