ASRock Core 100HT (1 Viewer)

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
August 9, 2006
Hessen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey there,
finally got mine from a second reseller. Was sold out for 4 weeks.
Did you manage to get all remote keys working?
The default stuff (up/down/left/right/enter/etc) is working fine. But all MePo specific stuff (pause/next chapter/etc) does not work.
Any "best practive" advices?
Thanks much

nfuse01

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Got my Asrock Vision 3D 137D (black) today and i must say i am pretty impressed nice remote, nice specs and very good performance once done testing i will post my findings.

nfuse01

Portal Member
December 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
well installed it yesterday and i must say this is a nice piece of hardware.

i did the initial install with win7 64bit because of 4gb mem but i ran into a problem of slow startups (10min or more) this was not acceptable. Because i only had a slipstreamed version of win7 witch i think was the problem i restored an image of my previous mce (Asrock ION 330) this was a lot smoother and boot was now within a minute.

After this initial test i replaced the 500gb 2.5" hardisk for a OCZSSD2-1VTX30G this is a 30gb ssd with 230 MB/sec read and 135 MB/sec write this tweak made 30 seconds boot possible :) a bigger harddisk is not necessary because i have a HP storageworks X510 datavault for the data.

the performance of the vision 3d is really good i wanted to try some 3d movies and this device does the job perfectly but more tweaks are necessary.

if you have any questions please let me know.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm thinking seriously of adding the Core 100HT-BD as a client, then moving my TVServer out of the media room. I'm considering the barebones unit and adding an i5-750 and 4 GB mem. I think a 32bit OS is all I'll ever need for just streaming media from the server. My gigabit wired network should carry the bandwidth just fine. The only connectors I'll need on the unit are the power plug, S/PDIF, vga and network plugs. I've got my Harmony 300 set up as an MCE remote and it controls my TV and surround-system as well.

I'm interested in hearing more about how this unit performs with MediaPortal.

- Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread