Asus EEE TOP 1602 (1 Viewer)

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I am running the eee Top 1602 in my kitchen with Monochrome Skin.
    The eee Top itself works great (however I upgraded Memory to 2 gig Ram) but there is no touchscreen skin for MP available, so I you want to watch TV there is no easy way to get out of fullscreen TV, by using touchscreen.
    Everything else is doing ok so far.

In the beginning I had the issue that my TV preview was stuttering, but upgrading the ram solved this.

cheers

joystick

D

dm15644

Hi,
    ... but there is no touchscreen skin for MP available, so I you want to watch TV there is no easy way to get out of fullscreen TV, by using touchscreen.

I solved this with an Autohotkey script, see AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText. With this script, a "double click" on the touchscreen brings up the context menu, so you can go back from there.

Code:
    LButton:: 
    if winc_presses > 0 ; SetTimer already started, so we log the keypress instead. 
    { 
        winc_presses += 1 
        return 
    } 
    ; Otherwise, this is the first press of a new series. Set count to 1 and start 
    ; the timer: 
    winc_presses = 1 
    SetTimer, KeyWinC, 200 ; Wait for more presses within a 200 millisecond window. 
    return 

KeyWinC: 
    SetTimer, KeyWinC, off 
    if winc_presses = 1 ; The key was pressed once. 
    { 
        Send, {LButton}
    } 
    else if winc_presses = >1 ; The key was pressed twice. 
    { 
        Send, {RButton}
    } 

; Regardless of which action above was triggered, reset the count to 
    ; prepare for the next series of presses: 
    winc_presses = 0 
    return

Cheers,
    jayrock

hhg

May 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Jayrock

Are you using the eee top as a client in a multi-seat setup or as a stand-alone client/server single setup? Does it have the juice to run TVserver?

Regards
    hhg

D

dm15644

Hi hhg,

my post is just about the double click - right click mapping on any touchscreen. I'm using a seperate one, not the EEE Top.

Cheers,

jayrock

eggz2004

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    memory upgrade??

Hi Joystick!!

I just read this review from asus eee top 1602:

"Another drawback: What you buy is what you get. The Eee Top is a completely closed system, and you can't upgrade the components inside--which you may find frustrating if you want more memory than the unit's included 1GB (plus a 160GB hard drive). In addition, Asus took a page out of Apple's book and omitted any optical drive."

My question is, how do you did the memory upgrade? Is it still possible? What about the processor?

Thanks in advance!

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    eggz2004

To upgrade te Memory , you can use this instruction:
    Eee PC Forum | die Asus Eee PC Community | Hardware - Eee Box 202 und Eee Top ET 1602/1603 | Anleitung Ram Erweiterung ET1602

joystick

Is the EEE-Top 1602 really powerfull enough to run Mediaportal? And does the wireless connection suffice to stream videos an TV?

Greetings Volture
    UPgrading is as easy as it can be (when you are able to open some screws....)

Yes, and yes the eeeTop is absulutely powerful enough to run MP with SD-TV wireless streaming, given that your connection is ok. It streams with max aof 56mbit so, no problem here.
    I am runnning it with the monochrome skin, so another skin like SteamedMP might give you different performance, because of its grafics...
    BUT not to be misunderstood.... I am running it as CLIENT only, no tv server and card in this box. Only streaming from my server.
    This runs great though.

Cheers

joystick

Users who are viewing this thread