ATI Catalyst™ version 9.3 out now! (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is the

Link!

Best regards

Helios

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    any news on DXVA support with HD 4350 / 4550 series?
    Im unable to test this soon

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    arghh... for the hd 4350 dxva is still broken.
    only have mpeg2 +vc1 decoding. No h264

I tested with DXVA checker. I have the exact same results as 9.2.
    I also tested several MKV files. They all only play if I deselect H264 (DXVA) in the settings of MPC-HC codec. :(

Deinstalled 9.3 again and installes 8.12, and DXVA checker says its ok again and mkv's work with dxva normally now

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    For me 9.3 working great on HD4550 and HD3850. Finaly!!!

9.2 was broken on HD4550, now working - tested MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1 !

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, I just did a recheck on the 9.3 drivers after I read somewhere that dxva could be wrong.
    As it turns out, DXVA IS working for me. But DXVA checker doesnt confirm this. I tested it in MP itself, and the cpu was low as it should be. :)

So sorry for giving a false negative.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    DXVA working great here also, using an ATI Radeon 4550 on Vista 32-bit (see my sig for more system specs).
    Tested with playback of SD & HDTV channels, properly profiled x264 MKV's and Bluray discs. (Codecs: ATI Avivo, MPC Video Decoder, Cyberlink PowerDVD MPEG2 & H264).

I also want to note that i didn't have problems with 9.2 either to be honest and i don't get the fuzz about DXVA supposedly not working with every other release of catalyst. I only noticed had one release of the driver back in the 8.x range (forgot which one) that was not working. However i did have some black level/color issue with 9.2 that are now gone in 9.3 (but i can't confirm this untill i have tested that with some calibaration videos)

Users who are viewing this thread