Automatic volume control for silencing screaming commercials (1 Viewer)

gotrootdude

Portal Member
March 24, 2005
Been looking for something like this, but haven't found it yet..

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I would assume this would happen at the sametime that comskip would be added. Because it still needs a way of detecting that the commercials have started.

M

mediabakra

maybe you can make something with a microphone that can detect the loudness off the speaker and if the sound increases the pc automaticly turns down the volume to the same level before.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Explosions > talking >whispering so you couldnt just have a set level.

Need black scene detection and volume detection which doesnt make it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Bitstreaming E-AC3 DE
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs with MP 1.30. Everything connected with HDMI. I have lav-filters setup to bitstream EVERY format. If I don't do this, I get a very unimpressive result from all my sources: very low volume, use of only a...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    I have a reasonably modern HTPC setup: LG OLED77, Pioneer AV-Receiver SC LX901, 7.1 Klipsch speaker setup and a PC with nice specs...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    This is the changes to my TVSeries.xml.
    This is the changes to my TVSeries.xml.
    Here I am again ... completely befuddled ... My wife insists it is totally necessary for her to see which Series we are looking at...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your suggestion looks promising. However since posting the questionI have realised that MP itself provides a solution! Powerscheduler in Expert Settings mode provides an override function to put Windows into...
    Hi CyberSimian, Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I had looked for some kind of hardware solution (unsuccessfully) and your...
    I think this is a variation on other questions about audio output and setup. I specifically want to have my MP sound output over...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom