Avalon community Mods (1 Viewer)

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
MOD YouTube.fm for Avalon.

Hi , post the mod file's (09-12-2011).

Note : i'm no Graphic designer , so i use DW logos/icons ;) (I hope a graphic guy will mack more Avalon style Icons) . Don't worry of my 1280x800 screenshots , will be fine for Avalon FullHD.

To Install : unrar my file..
1.copy all xml file from my skin folder to Avalon/skin folder.
2.copy from my media/logos folder to skin Avalon/media/Logos folder.
3.copy from my media the all youtube.fm folder to Skin Avalon/media folder.
4.copy from my media folder all png file to Skin Avalon/media folder
5.CLEAR THE Cache folder . that's it ... injoy :)

This is nice, but I can only get this working with classic home, not basic home. In basic home, it just goes back to the basic home menu.
Am I missing something?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi wormhole , yep you missing something ... :)
    in editor select the file "youtubevideosbase.xml" as start for youtube.fm plugin , and all will work fine ... by the way this mod i make will work fine ,but need to update for youtube.fm v 0.8.3 (as the mod was maid for v0.8.2) ...sorry no time to update the mod this days , but should work fine , just not full screen & osd support ...
    have fun ... :)

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    This is a mod for OnlineVideos and for the OSD behaviour in My TVSeries and the regular video OSD.

The TVSeries mod makes it so that when you press the info button the plot doesn't show automatically. If you press up it will show and if you press up or down it will disappear. I also made it so that you can go round in circles both left and right not just right.

The Onlinevideos OSD mod in the same as the TVSeries mod but I have also added a second progress bar in orange that shows how much has been buffered of the video. The texture for the bar is not the nicest I'll admit but it does okay :)

I would really appreciate if someone that has something more sophisticated than Paint could make copies of osd_progress_mid.png and osd_progress_right.png in orange or some other color that looks nice :)

Install by copying the files from the zip to Avalon main folder and overwrite.

Attachments

• Avalon_OnlinevideosMod_&_Infobox_fix.zip
      8.4 KB

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is a mod for OnlineVideos and for the OSD behaviour in My TVSeries and the regular video OSD.

The TVSeries mod makes it so that when you press the info button the plot doesn't show automatically. If you press up it will show and if you press up or down it will disappear. I also made it so that you can go round in circles both left and right not just right.

The Onlinevideos OSD mod in the same as the TVSeries mod but I have also added a second progress bar in orange that shows how much has been buffered of the video. The texture for the bar is not the nicest I'll admit but it does okay :)

I would really appreciate if someone that has something more sophisticated than Paint could make copies of osd_progress_mid.png and osd_progress_right.png in orange or some other color that looks nice :)

Install by copying the files from the zip to Avalon main folder and overwrite.

Hi NTM,
    I've just been trying out this mod, I really like the idea of hiding the plot on the info popup but for me when on a video that I've played through TVseries the plot is still shown initially. However through onlinevideos the description is hidden initially. I also really like the loading progress bar behind the normal progress bar, looks good!

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    Hi NTM,
    I've just been trying out this mod, I really like the idea of hiding the plot on the info popup but for me when on a video that I've played through TVseries the plot is still shown initially. However through onlinevideos the description is hidden initially. I also really like the loading progress bar behind the normal progress bar, looks good!

Glad you liked it :)
    Hope you'll try this 2.0 version of the mod.

Changelog:
    • Included ALL the modified files not just some ;)

Attachments

• Avalon_OnlinevideosMod_&_Infobox_fix_2.0.zip
      10.6 KB

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Glad you liked it :)
    Hope you'll try this 2.0 version of the mod.

Changelog:
    • Included ALL the modified files not just some ;)

Hi NTM,
    This is looking good, I can confirm it's now working for online videos now. While testing I noticed that going from playing a video from TV Series and then playing a video from online videos, the OSD shows an icon for the previously watch series behind the icon for the current online video. (I think this occurred in the original avalon version too).
    So what I've done is remove the Series Thumb control from the myonlinevideosOSD.xml file, and the issue has gone away. I've attached my modified version of NTM's file is anyone is interested.

Cheers

Attachments

• myonlinevideosOSD.xml
      21.8 KB

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    NTM,

As you mentioned previously you'd asked if someone could have a look at the progress bar for the buffering. Here's my attempt!
    There's a screenshot below. The new 3 images are attached as well as the 2 modified online videos xml files to reference these new images.
    Hope you like!
    screen.png

Attachments

• osd_progress_mid_buffer.png
      osd_progress_mid_buffer.png
      187 bytes
    • osd_progress_left_buffer.png
      osd_progress_left_buffer.png
      284 bytes
    • osd_progress_right_buffer.png
      osd_progress_right_buffer.png
      283 bytes
    • myonlinevideosFullScreen.xml
      10.3 KB
    • myonlinevideosOSD.xml
      21.9 KB

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    NTM,

As you mentioned previously you'd asked if someone could have a look at the progress bar for the buffering. Here's my attempt!
    There's a screenshot below. The new 3 images are attached as well as the 2 modified online videos xml files to reference these new images.
    Hope you like!

It looks great! Much better than my Paint attempt :D

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    No Playing Tweak

I've tweaked the Now Playing screen to make it a little more logical as far as pressing left/right/up/down etc. and replaced the top album tracks item (I never use it personally) with a link to the current play list.

It also starts on the full fanart view.

No screenshot really needed but let me know if you really want one.

Hi spiel,

When I've loaded a saved playlist, and using this now playing mod, the artist/song title didn't update when the next track is started.
    I've noticed this for a while, but just got round to doing something about it.

Comparing yours to the original, you had removed the reference to <import>MyMusicPlayingNow.tags.xml</import> at the end of the file. Putting this back in seems to have fixed the issue!

I think you may have removed it, as you didn't want the top album tracks etc, as now with the reference included this info is shown when Current Playlist is selected. I wonder if there is a way to hide this info, but still include the line: <import>MyMusicPlayingNow.tags.xml</import>

Users who are viewing this thread