Avalon community Mods (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@Bleazle, you did something wrong with your skin file :) I fixed it, now the menu works.

Very nice. Shouldn't the menu disappear once you've used it though? Now If I press Geo clock for example, the menu doesn't go away but keeps blocking the picture. ;)

Emph
You can press right or left button to let the menu disappear.

I found out that I broke the nowplaying overlay, so I fixed it :) People who already downloaded the files, can download them again.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@Bleazle, you did something wrong with your skin file :) I fixed it, now the menu works.

Very nice. Shouldn't the menu disappear once you've used it though? Now If I press Geo clock for example, the menu doesn't go away but keeps blocking the picture. ;)

Emph

I found out that I broke the nowplaying overlay, so I fixed it :) People who already downloaded the files, can download them again.

Hi Dragy,

Unfortunately your file doesn't work very well for me :( on one of my installations I can't get the hidden menu to appear at all and on the other I have to push "left/up/down etc" until it eventually appears, but I still can't scroll down to the "Refresh" button - I still think this is a plugin issue.

I have reworked the file I posted earlier a bit (added a menu separator image to the hidden menu and the visibility conditions to include "Control.Hasfocus(9)" ). At the moment this file works best for me (the menu pops up straight away when I arrow left) - have a look at it and see if you can work out why arrowing down to "Refresh" closes the menu - if you can't maybe Micropolis will have an answer...

Cheers

Bleazle

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
    10.4 KB

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Emph

Hi Dragy,

Unfortunately your file doesn't work very well for me :( on one of my installations I can't get the hidden menu to appear at all and on the other I have to push "left/up/down etc" until it eventually appears, but I still can't scroll down to the "Refresh" button - I still think this is a plugin issue.

I have reworked the file I posted earlier a bit (added a menu separator image to the hidden menu and the visibility conditions to include "Control.Hasfocus(9)" ). At the moment this file works best for me (the menu pops up straight away when I arrow left) - have a look at it and see if you can work out why arrowing down to "Refresh" closes the menu - if you can't maybe Micropolis will have an answer...

Cheers

Bleazle
Hmm, it's weird. Are you sure you have the latest version made by me? Because, after I first anaunced the update, I updated it 5 more times or so. The first releases indeed had problems with the menu not appearing. The last version I uploaded was around 17:00 and the first was around 16:20 :)
So maybe you can try to download it again?

Or do more people experience these problems?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
... Are you sure you have the latest version made by me? Because, after I first anaunced the update, I updated it 5 more times or so. The first releases indeed had problems with the menu not appearing. The last version I uploaded was around 17:00 and the first was around 16:20 :)
So maybe you can try to download it again? ...

:D That was obviously the problem :) Don't you hate it when you upload something then realise you need to change it again (it's even worse when you've just uploaded an entire skin! :rolleyes:)

Next time you're doing an update would you mind adding the menu separator image to the hidden menu? I can do it here but I think it makes the menu look better (even though it's only a minor point) so I'm guessing you'll want to add it :)

It's Christmas Day here in N.Z. - time to go and open some pressies :D

All the best to everyone!

Bleazle

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
... Are you sure you have the latest version made by me? Because, after I first anaunced the update, I updated it 5 more times or so. The first releases indeed had problems with the menu not appearing. The last version I uploaded was around 17:00 and the first was around 16:20 :)
So maybe you can try to download it again? ...

:D That was obviously the problem :) Don't you hate it when you upload something then realise you need to change it again (it's even worse when you've just uploaded an entire skin! :rolleyes:)

Next time you're doing an update would you mind adding the menu separator image to the hidden menu? I can do it here but I think it makes the menu look better (even though it's only a minor point) so I'm guessing you'll want to add it :)

It's Christmas Day here in N.Z. - time to go and open some pressies :D

All the best to everyone!

Bleazle
Okay nice to hear :) And next time I will test the things I make before I upload them :cool:

I added the menu separator image, but I don't see any difference.. Can you tell me what it does?

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...I added the menu separator image, but I don't see any difference.. Can you tell me what it does?

You should be able to see the line as per the pic below (like I said it's not a big deal though :) )

Here's the code:

<control>
<type>image</type>
<id>0</id>
<posY>160</posY>
<posX>128</posX>
<width>376</width>
<height>1</height>
<texture>hiddenmenu_separator.png</texture>
<visible>Control.Hasfocus(2) | Control.Hasfocus(3) | Control.Hasfocus(4) | Control.Hasfocus(9)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" time="0">WindowClose</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="-150,0" time="100">visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="50">visible</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="0">hidden</animation>
</control>

Regards

Bleazle

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You forgot the screenshot, but the line did appear on the HTPC here. I don't think it should be there, because then you should add it to all the hidden menu's. None of the hidden menu's has a line at the top :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I made another little hack - I changed the TV screen to look more like all the other screens.

The TV preview is now larger and on the left just like the fanart in other plugins. The channel thumb is shown, a paused icon appears when paused and the buttons look more like the hidden menu (I used its graphics).

I like it, again, blends in nicely with the rest of the skin. One small thing, is that I have all my settings set to 'disable' info at the bottom of the screens (to increase fan art size etc) and also the homescren mod here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/avalon-553/avalon-community-mods-103097/index3.html#post818855 to enable this same view on the homescreen. The result is this TV homepage mod is a little shorter than the other screens so it would be nice to have a version which would mimic this layout. But otherwise, I will definately be keeping this mod on my setup :) Thanks.

+ THIS POST: 4TR TV Guide 10 Rows (added Programme description, changed a few font sizes and adjusted the position/size of the guide panel slightly). NOTE: To get the "Now Playing" info showing add <import>common.overlay.home.xml</import> to the 4TR_TvGuide.xml file (thanks to stdly for the tip) EDIT: Uploaded new 4TR file which stops the text "disappearing" when you scroll through the guide (because the original is blue text on blue background)
    Bleazle

Hi, I have applied these files but I don't see program info at the bottom of the screen like in the screenshot? All I see is the header line with program name, time and length? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Avalon community Mods

It´s a litte quite here ..

I have found this Avalon SKIN Files for MediaSlayer in the Media Slayer Forum Thread.
    Its not from me.

I Search Avalon Skin Files for
    - UP Date Control
    - Stocks and Indicies

Attachments

• mediaslayer.jpg
      mediaslayer.jpg
      69.6 KB
    • mediaslayer1.jpg
      mediaslayer1.jpg
      56.3 KB
    • MediaSlayer.xml
      10.1 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller

Updated files for the latest release of the Extensions Plugin for MpeInstaller (update details here)

thx Bleazle for your work. I'm not sure what i've done wrong but even with your files. I'm always getting strange errors (update notify in basic home but it still controls the basichome instead of the ye/no dialog) and updating extensions doesn't work. Or do i have the wrong extension plugin? I've this one: http://mpei-plugin.googlecode.com/files/Extensions.1.0.5.163.mpe1

Users who are viewing this thread