Avoid splash screen? (1 Viewer)

Dirki

Portal Pro
July 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
How can I avoid the starting window / splash screen displayed during the start of MP?

I have disabled showing this big starting window?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What do you exactly like to avoid? You only like to see a black background while Mediaportal is starting? In that case you can delete splashscreen.png and background.png from the skinfolder..

But in that case you didnt't see the background in mediaportal itself aswell.. So you can also add a black image to the skin folder and call it; "splashscreen.png"

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, powermarcel10,

I am not quite sure, if I understand right.

You only like to see a black background while Mediaportal is starting?
    No, why do you think I should like to see a black background?

But in that case you didnt't see the background in mediaportal itself aswell.. So you can also add a black image to the skin folder and call it; "splashscreen.png"
    Very sorry, I cannot understand, sounds very strange for me, what for should I do something like that?

Sorry and thanks again.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well if I understand it right you didnt want to see the spashscreen when Mediaportal is starting right? So instead of the skin image you like to see nothing/black screen?

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well if I understand it right you didnt want to see the spashscreen when Mediaportal is starting right?
    Yes, exactly that is it, that is absolutely right, perfect.

So instead of the skin image you like to see nothing/black screen?
    To see nothing would be a bit too less, to see a black screen would be...I would say, I would like to see, what I see for instance before starting MP, may be an entire window of a program being opened (without splash screen of MP in front of it). I would not like to see e.g. a black background / black screen or one of another color or a picture / image or anything else caused by MP (in front of any program I have opened), just do not see a splash screen of MP while starting.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Turn off "user alternative splash screen" under MP Settings -> General -> Startup/Resume.

=StartResume.png

Last edited:

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, kiwijunglist,

Yes, I had already turned "Use alternative fullscreen Splashscreen..." off, so that I see this splash screen / little window (that I do not want to see) while MP starts.

Thanks for the screen shot.

Users who are viewing this thread